When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

How betrayed is everyone going to feel come December...2 vaccines, soon to become 3 by that point, but no more freedom because the NHS is fucked...

For sure, I don't see how they'd be a justification or that though given how well the vaccines work with 2 doses.

Just now, Ozanne said:

For sure, I don't see how they'd be a justification or that though given how well the vaccines work with 2 doses.

Both scientists made it clear there will be deaths and hospitalisations even after "everyone" has had two doses. And the NHS needs pretty much no covid or a capacity increase considering they're on the brink every winter anyway. Neither of those is going to be possible that quick

I think anyone expecting a free winter are in for a surprise 

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

How betrayed is everyone going to feel come December...2 vaccines, soon to become 3 by that point, but no more freedom because the NHS is fucked...

it was fucked before covid .... they showed figures today I think .... that never stopped freedoms 

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Well.... let's see. I simply don't see anyone going along with that post 2 Jabs

Just now, Ozanne said:

The other aspect is that would the Tory Party let Johnson impose restrictions like that or would they decide that enough is enough in that scenario?

Well they'll have to not vote the emergency powers through to last through winter. And as Labour won't oppose them I don't think they'll have much say 

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

Well they'll have to not vote the emergency powers through to last through winter. And as Labour won't oppose them I don't think they'll have much say 

They could put in letters of no confidence and look to replace him as leader that wouldn't impose more restrictions I mean.

11 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

What was the answer to the question about whether to use the AZ for under 40’s? I missed it. 

Not sure how they can justify a risk big enough to delay the roadmap but not a risk big enough to use what we have available. 

He basically said they can hit the target without doing that 

I don't think we'd have had more supply to do second doses as well before now anyway, so if there's now an end date target and we can do it with the others, there doesn't sound like much need. 

Edited by efcfanwirral

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I don't think we'd have had more supply to do second doses as well before now anyway, so if there's now an end date target and we can do it with the others, there doesn't sound like much need. 

It would be nice if we got an extra boost of Novavax to get us over the line. It would be a real shot in the arm* for the vaccination programme.

* Sorry, not sorry.

6 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I can sort of see their point but we could have used the supply of mRNA jabs to bring forward all outstanding second doses even more than the 8 weeks and jabbed the rest with AZ a lot sooner seeing as it’s sat there doing nothing. Could have beaten the target and brought forward the last second dose for everyone. 
Seems like a win-win. 

Edited by BobWillis2

24 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Well.... let's see. I simply don't see anyone going along with that post 2 Jabs

You've been saying that for the past 6 months, the reality is the vast majority of the public have fallen for the constant propaganda and blatant lies about this "pandemic", the variant story has been concocted to keep this going until the winter flu season starts and they can then create the same panic about the NHS being swamped, the Greek alphabet has 24 letters, we are only up to no.4, we have a long way to go yet. It should be blindingly obvious to everyone by now that they are running to a prepared timeline and have an agenda, the conspiracy theorists know it, the regulars on here are still blissfully optimistic that "it's just a few more weeks". Unless people rebel (and there's little sign they will in large enough numbers) we can say goodbye to the freedoms and leisure and tourism we took for granted.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

You've been saying that for the past 6 months, the reality is the vast majority of the public have fallen for the constant propaganda and blatant lies about this "pandemic", the variant story has been concocted to keep this going until the winter flu season starts and they can then create the same panic about the NHS being swamped, the Greek alphabet has 24 letters, we are only up to no.4, we have a long way to go yet. It should be blindingly obvious to everyone by now that they are running to a prepared timeline and have an agenda, the conspiracy theorists know it, the regulars on here are still blissfully optimistic that "it's just a few more weeks". Unless people rebel (and there's little sign they will in large enough numbers) we can say goodbye to the freedoms and leisure and tourism we took for granted.

To be fair, there’s 195 countries in the world, and we were naming them after different ones…they’ve missed a trick there! 😁

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

By jove I think you might be right! Never figured it before, but it's obvious to me now, it's all made up so they can jab us with some dodgy shit and stop us dancing in nightclubs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

By jove I think you might be right! Never figured it before, but it's obvious to me now, it's all made up so they can jab us with some dodgy shit and stop us dancing in nightclubs.

Seeing me dance it’s probably done for very good reason 😀

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I’ve heard Bill Gates hates loud music and dancing. Surely no coincidence! 🧐

9 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

I can sort of see their point but we could have used the supply of mRNA jabs to bring forward all outstanding second doses even more than the 8 weeks and jabbed the rest with AZ a lot sooner seeing as it’s sat there doing nothing. Could have beaten the target and brought forward the last second dose for everyone. 
Seems like a win-win. 

I volunteer at a few vaccination centres, at one centre in mid May, we split the operation, that had only been AZ only, into AZ on on one floor and Pfizer on the other. The idea was second doses of AZ for over 40s, and 1st doses of Pfizer for under 40s which had just opened up, within a few days word got out and we were getting about 25% of people going through the Pfizer floors were aged over 50 and had been eligible for a 1st vaccine for 6-8 weeks. I remember the clinicians raising concerns on how this would impact supply for the under 30s.

I have also just seen that a number of centres are changing to walk in AZ facilities for any over 40s either for 1st or 2nd injections, I think that one reason  for the delay is because they are worried about over 40s who are not fully vaccinated and the most likely to cause a hospitalisation bubble.