When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

30 minutes ago, rascalpete said:

I wonder what happens on the 20th July+ when a new variant comes along..

If a new variant occurs it will come to the UK anyway. We have strict borders with no flights possible to the UK, India and other variant high risk countries and we have cases of the delta one already. Maybe you can delay this, but there is nothing in the world which will prevent this.

59 minutes ago, Havors said:

Glad he left a 2 week contingency clause in there. Some common sense finally. 

19th is interesting, its not a "not before date" its lifting the restrictions date (barring any more madness from variants). 

I think a few festivals will be asking the question cant we go ahead if the pilot schemes work well? Regardless of the dates of anything. They cant really increase wembley capacity to 50% and not allow festivals like Latitude which is what? approx 40-50k? And outdoors.

Yes they can because one is a seated event and one is shoulder to shoulder tight if people want it to be.

I really feel for the businesses and people that will suffer as a result of this delay. Let us not forget that we were well on course to complete the roadmap next week but Johnson had to try to get a trade deal with India. He is the reason why we have delayed, no one else. He's not being forced into it by Scientists or anyone else; he made a big mistake and we are now suffering the result of that.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I really feel for the businesses and people that will suffer as a result of this delay. Let us not forget that we were well on course to complete the roadmap next week but Johnson had to try to get a trade deal with India. He is the reason why we have delayed, no one else. He's not being forced into it by Scientists or anyone else; he made a big mistake and we are now suffering the result of that.

Do you think that was why he was even more off his game than usual this evening? House of cards and all that…

Just now, Ryan1984 said:

Do you think that was why he was even more off his game than usual this evening? House of cards and all that…

Potentially yeah, he definitely didn't want to do this and it might have played a part in how he was in the briefing.

Just now, danmarks said:

Bit simplistic to day its all down to Johnson. Not the people who travelled. Not the people who thought vaccines were some evil plan and refused them. 

the people travelled because they could ...  and that was a decision made by govt .... although lots of factors are also in play the buck surely stops at the door of number 10 ? 

I generally like the MEN, they do a lot of coverage of my region, for which I am grateful, but when Bolton and Salford both fall - Salford finally having a day with decreasing cases for the first time since the 25th of May, what do they lead with?

Anyway, case decreases pretty much across the board (I've not checked in detail, but looks that way at a glance). If we carry on this way, then cases will be on their way down when we fully unlock, if not quite at their lowest point from a few weeks ago.

0_2021-06-13.jpg

0_Greater-Manchester-Monday-14-June-2021_result.jpg

Screenshot_20210614-211808.png

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

the people travelled because they could ...  and that was a decision made by govt .... although lots of factors are also in play the buck surely stops at the door of number 10 .

There surely needs to be some self responsibility in all this though? 

The buck stops at the top but its not a case of 'not my fault i knew i shouldn't have done x or y but i could so i did.

If it's really to the point we need someone like johnson to decide our every moral thought then we deserve to be fucked. 

Just now, danmarks said:

The buck stops at the top but its not a case of 'not my fault i knew i shouldn't have done x or y but i could so i did.

If it's really to the point we need someone like johnson to decide our every moral thought then we deserve to be fucked. 

the govt have left things open to interpretation so they can blame others .... of course we can leave it to the common sense or personal interpretation but thats their escape clause and look where its got us in the past . We didnt need to have any choice over trips to india ... the borders should have been shut earlier ... mixed messages throughout ... for a reason 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, danmarks said:

The vast, vast, vast majority of us have been complying with the rules, getting vaccinated and doing our part to ensure we could meet all steps of the roadmap and keep as many people safe as possible. All the PM had to do was keep the vaccines coming and try to keep out any potentially dangerous variants that might scupper our plans. He didn't do that, he had the power to delay this variant coming here and didn't keep up his side of the bargain.

I think we have to accept that people are going to keep on travelling in the pandemic so we need the people in charge to take measures that takes that into account.

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

The vast, vast, vast majority of us have been complying with the rules, getting vaccinated and doing our part to ensure we could meet all steps of the roadmap and keep as many people safe as possible. All the PM had to do was keep the vaccines coming and try to keep out any potentially dangerous variants that might scupper our plans. He didn't do that, he had the power to delay this variant coming here and didn't keep up his side of the bargain.

I think we have to accept that people are going to keep on travelling in the pandemic so we need the people in charge to take measures that takes that into account.

How betrayed is everyone going to feel come December...2 vaccines, soon to become 3 by that point, but no more freedom because the NHS is fucked...