When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

7 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

I think what would really help the inbuilt fear in society would be if on the 19th July, the news stop publishing daily covid rates, are we going to do this every day for eternity? That to me feels like a natural break and should be time we try to encourage people to focus on other things in life other than covid 

I think that does need to be a thing that happens. Probably phase it down to weekdays only, then eventually weekly.

It will be a huge talking point when it happens though. Expect fury about it.

10 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

I can now book my second dose after 8 weeks for the first time. Any other over 30’s that haven’t been able to do so might want to check theirs again. 

I’m tempted to give it a go but worried I’ll end up being offered vaccine centres 40miles away 😂

Glad he left a 2 week contingency clause in there. Some common sense finally. 

19th is interesting, its not a "not before date" its lifting the restrictions date (barring any more madness from variants). 

I think a few festivals will be asking the question cant we go ahead if the pilot schemes work well? Regardless of the dates of anything. They cant really increase wembley capacity to 50% and not allow festivals like Latitude which is what? approx 40-50k? And outdoors.

Edited by Havors

24 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

I can now book my second dose after 8 weeks for the first time. Any other over 30’s that haven’t been able to do so might want to check theirs again. 

Me too. Just rebooked mine. 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

a couple announcing they will hold out .... crossing fingers for Beautiful days 

The bad news is that I no longer have any use for the PMQs klaxon. The good news is I've just had it repurposed as a Beautiful Days klaxon!

Just now, steviewevie said:

could get a new variant here...a super hard vaccine escape jobby.

The lower the cases are and more we vaccinate the less likely that becomes though.

A new variant emerging domestically was another reason why we need to keep cases low.