When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, incident said:

It'll be amazing how many people forget that.

Cases don’t have to increase … Israel cases are extremely low .. ok we have delta … but at some point that hits a peak too … along with those youngsters gaining natural imunity at present 

3 minutes ago, sisco said:

Not at all.  Camp Bestival have said they’re going ahead and they’re in July

They can say what they like but I can’t see us going from 30 people to 70k / 80k in the space of a month.

Chris Whitty upfront just now that after Jul 19th there will still be risks and deaths - but that needs to be balanced against the wider benefits of reopening. 

Hopefully reassuring for those who fear the revenge of the nerd conspiracy to keep us locked down forever. 🙄

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

They can say what they like but I can’t see us going from 30 people to 70k / 80k in the space of a month.

Technically it'd be from 40k (in a smaller area) if you look at Wembley.

1 minute ago, jimmillen said:

Chris Whitty upfront just now that after Jul 19th there will still be risks and deaths - but that needs to be balanced against the wider benefits of reopening. 

Hopefully reassuring for those who fear the revenge of the nerd conspiracy to keep us locked down forever. 🙄

Whitty and Vallance have been very measured, detailed and reassuring here; the complete polar opposite to Johnson. 

Just now, Matt42 said:

There’s a big difference between seated 1m apart and festival crowds. 

There is, but as I'm sure you know the 40k at Wembley covers more scenarios than people seated 1m apart - it's packed concourses, tubes, pubs, Olympic way, etc

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Whitty and Vallance have been very measured, detailed and reassuring here; the complete polar opposite to Johnson. 

Agreed, they do make me feel more confident that the 19th will go ahead instead, I suppose we'll know realistically in about 2 weeks or so depending on data 

I think what would really help the inbuilt fear in society would be if on the 19th July, the news stop publishing daily covid rates, are we going to do this every day for eternity? That to me feels like a natural break and should be time we try to encourage people to focus on other things in life other than covid 

1 minute ago, tigger123 said:

I think what would really help the inbuilt fear in society would be if on the 19th July, the news stop publishing daily covid rates, are we going to do this every day for eternity? That to me feels like a natural break and should be time we try to encourage people to focus on other things in life other than covid 

If they remain low they won't be the news after a while, not sure that will happen after 19th though.

2 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

I agree .. they can easily keep them accessible .... start the slow move back no harm in that whatsoever 

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

If they remain low they won't be the news after a while, not sure that will happen after 19th though.

From personal experience my Sky News notifications only come up if they're higher than the day before or there's a rise, bad news sells after all