When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

You seem to want to every way...

When we say we should unlock you say the scientists say we can't unlock...

When we say we fear these scientists want us locked down forever you say the government doesn't listen to them anyway...

Constant circle...  

Not really - I'm broadly saying the government should listen to what the majority of actual real SAGE think - which is a delay now but probably okay later. That one or two of the twenty-odd people on it have said restrictions should continue indefinitely isn't indicative of what the organisation as a whole is advising. 

But you're right to an extent that there is a difference in what I want and what I think the government will do. (So nothing new there).

I said before I thought everyone over 18 should have been offered one jab before we even went into Stage 3 and that remains my belief. That was never going to happen though and I didn't feasibly think it would.

I imagine when we finally do drop all restrictions I may well feel like it's too early. Probably, I'd say. With the crap we've had to deal with the past year we're still being pretty cautious, I'd say if you knew us you'd think that was understandable, but equally I think, objectively, we're at the more cautious end of the spectrum for sure. 

But I don't think that should preclude me from saying that for those of you who are desperate to get your lives back and stuff, it's probably going to happen sooner rather than later. Based on how the government have acted versus the advice they've been given so far.

Like I've said a few times, I'm not on this board to score points or win arguments, I'm here to have interesting discussions. I'm not on a "team" wanting lockdown to continue and fighting against "team open up". The reason you've been, for my money, one of the more interesting posters on the thread is that up until very recently I've see your comments in the same way.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I think he's been listening to them a lot more this year, and has benefited from it (and the vaccines of course).

Aye, I think that's true, but he'll stop listening sharpish if they tell him lockdown should go on forever!

11 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Good communication. Reading between the lines I'd say they wont risk it

Screenshot_20210614-162503_Lite.jpg

Screenshot_20210614-162445_Lite.jpg

The government should be offering to underwrite the insurance. They have been quite willing to spaff money on nothing, why not on supporting a huge industry? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Havors said:

The government should be offering to underwrite the insurance. They have been quite willing to spaff money on nothing, why not on supporting a huge industry? 

Think that this had been one of the main issues for festivals all over Europe and I am not aware of any government who did it. The only saving grace would be if the government says: „festivals from middle July will definitely be able to happen because any restrictions outside will be given up“. many of them could plan ahead with a cautious approach. But more probably it will be left totally unclear putting these questions off to a later time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Havors said:

While I am broadly OK with the lockdown restrictions being extended for an additional period in order to get more people jabbed, I think it wopuld be a tragedy if the government doesn't offer more support to help the festival sector. Some of those festivals may never be able to run again. 

1 minute ago, MrBarry465 said:

While I am broadly OK with the lockdown restrictions being extended for an additional period in order to get more people jabbed, I think it wopuld be a tragedy if the government doesn't offer more support to help the festival sector. Some of those festivals may never be able to run again. 

Agreed. All large events really. They need the insurance and to there needs to a focus on trying to help them survive.

We can delay restrictions such as work from home etc... but i personally see no reason (barring bad data from the download pilot) that they couldnt allow festivals with the testing protocols used in the pilots. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Think this does reinforce my stance that the appetite for mass disobediance against the delays just isn't there.

Obviously it's a poll and make of it what you will.

I think most people probably do understand that because of epic government incompetence we have to extend restrictions. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

lol - every time a scot comments about England in a football context its almost always negative.  Why expect different in return ?

Haha, you should see the negative comments Wales get from England fans on massage boards.

The only time I look at the Daily Mail is to see the comments from England fans every time Wales play, getting further than them in 2016 for the only time in football history seems to have sparked it as it didn’t happen before then haha.

Quite entertaining