When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

What? 

I don't understand what you're trying to say? Clearly you look at recent cases, levels overly long ago are irrelevant to the current situation of the pandemic. 

I'm not sure if you're suggesting we compare cases directly to back in January but 7-14 day averages are what have been used throughout to give a relatively clear picture of the current situation. 

You said exponential is now over a longer period... how long is the period? who says when to start and stop the period I mean.

Pretty simple really. 

Just now, Barry Fish said:

I think its at least 60% against infection and will be much higher against hospitalisation and even higher against death.

Thankyou. This is exactly what I've been saying, it's remarkable how bullshit rumours spread over fb.

I'm sure this guy isn't as acceptable a source as independent sage but he's right. Good to see MPs are realising we're being played and strung along 

Hopefully some honesty tomorrow - don't pretend it's 4 weeks and just tell us it's til September, but you can't guarantee that because its hitting the season soon after then. Treat us like adults 

Edited by efcfanwirral

16 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I'm sure this guy isn't as acceptable a source as independent sage but he's right. Good to see MPs are realising we're being played and strung along 

Hopefully some honesty tomorrow - don't pretend it's 4 weeks and just tell us it's til September, but you can't guarantee that because its hitting the season soon after then. Treat us like adults 

They basically said this a few weeks ago though. Noone really seems to want to listen sometimes.

7 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Because there isn't a justification for that approach.  But the zero covid nutters are pushing it through and the govt are too useless to push back

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Reopening in September before a lockdown in November to save Christmas.

Lockdown in January to save Easter

Lockdown in Easter to save the Summer

rinse and repeat.

That’s more of an issue with Johnson over promising on things and not delivering, take a look at his stint as London mayor for example. A better leader wouldn’t make those promises. I agree it’s frustrating and annoying though. 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

There is no zero covid approach 

Some of the nerds definitely want one. Fake SAGE and Susan milne. There was that doctors body which wanted social distancing for the foreseeable future

It's clear what some of the health guys are trying to push

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

That’s more of an issue with Johnson over promising on things and not delivering, take a look at his stint as London mayor for example. A better leader wouldn’t make those promises. I agree it’s frustrating and annoying though. 

But your guy Sadiq Khan wants to fully reopen in June. So it's clear where he sees public opinion going 

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Some of the nerds definitely want one. Fake SAGE and Susan milne. There was that doctors body which wanted social distancing for the foreseeable future

It's clear what some of the health guys are trying to push

We aren’t getting 1 … it’s not happening 

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

That's what I thought. Reason I was asking is it ties into a conversation earlier - if the NHS can't cope really with any covid patients, surely elimination is the only way we can avoid winter lockdowns permanently, and what Chris whitty said about living with it and acceptable deaths (inferring there will be hospitalisations too) is impossible? Yet elimination is impossible too. So we're a bit stuck....

The NHS can cope with Covid patients provided they are low in number. This makes it possible to clinically manage them in isolation  units but obviously these have a finite capacity. When this is exceeded covid patients have to be accommodated elsewhere, usually on acute respiratory units. Today Mrs L's respiratory unit has lost 25% of its capacity so it can accept covid patients, one sole covid patient at present. Those patients moved to accommodate that covid patient have had to go to other wards, thus affecting their normal patient in-take ability. Similarly a profusion of very sick covid patients clogs up CCU and HDU, thus curtailing their ability to accept other patients, in particular those who would require post-operative care on these units.