When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

It’s ok to be cautious too when you don’t want the be a vector in spreading a virus that makes people ill .. perhaps that makes me some kind of weirdo … if it does I’ll take it every day of the week 

Nothing wrong with being a weirdo 

On 6/12/2021 at 3:48 PM, Lycra said:

@crazyfool1 It's all going very well in this neck of the woods (Staffs/South Derbys). So few covid patients has enabled all wards to be released back to normal duties, including respiratory. What few covids presenting are now confined to a dedicated isolation unit. Not seen any up tick yet from Delta: long my that continue.

Well that put the mockers on it. Mrs Lycra on duty today briefed this morning to prepare to accept covids so existing patients had to be shifted off elsewhere. First covid patient received this afternoon 😣  

Just now, Havors said:

Nothing wrong with being a weirdo 

That my kind of my explanation for not going round hugging strangers at the moment … being wary on distancing at my workplace … wanting to make sure everyone wears a facemask that can,  not getting involved in large indoor gatherings where i don’t know the jab status of people … I’ve always had fairly small close friendship group and im cool with that especially at the moment 

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I'm I reading the caes right? they definitely seem to be levelled out? 

The cases on gov website indicates they have plateaued. Nowhere near exponential growth when cases have been around 7k-7.5k for a week now?? 

3 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Well that put the mockers on it. Mrs Lycra on duty today briefed this morning to prepare to accept covids so existing patients had to be shifted off elsewhere. First covid patient received this afternoon 😣  

😞 let’s hope those numbers remain small and the stays of the patients short … 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

That my kind of my explanation for not going round hugging strangers at the moment … being wary on distancing at my workplace … wanting to make sure everyone wears a facemask that can,  not getting involved in large indoor gatherings where i don’t know the jab status of people … I’ve always had fairly small close friendship group and im cool with that especially at the moment 

Honestly whatever their jab status is they've made their decision to be part of that gathering. It's commendable wanting to protect others but I do think there's a line. People know the risk they're taking 

1 minute ago, Havors said:

The cases on gov website indicates they have plateaued. Nowhere near exponential growth when cases have been around 7k-7.5k for a week now?? 

I think the increase appears to be slowing, maybe. So exponential is now over a longer time period.

5 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Is it the expectation of the NHS to not receive covid patients at all at some point? 

Just now, Leyrulion said:

I think the increase appears to be slowing, maybe. So exponential is now over a longer time period.

How far do we go back? You could make it look as bad or as good as you wanted depending on how far you go back??

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

Honestly whatever their jab status is they've made their decision to be part of that gathering. It's commendable wanting to protect others but I do think there's a line. People know the risk they're taking 

Yeah it’s weird .. at this stage I’m not entirely comfortable with it and I’m more than happy to do the outside stuff whilst I can and small numbers inside .. that will slowly change I’m sure 

6 minutes ago, Havors said:

ZOE slowed down too today so there's an alignment there 

25 minutes ago, zahidf said:

They've all been double jabbed and so are acting  appropriately 

Maybe the leaders have, but the thousands and thousands of staff involved certainly haven't, and certainly ain't Covid secure.

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

How many jabs have you had?

2 … and yep I understand transmission is reduced … I’m taking it at my own pace … first lockdown I was isolating so it will take time to return to how it was … although I’m not a hugging fan anyway 🙂 

5 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Is it the expectation of the NHS to not receive covid patients at all at some point? 

No, covid patients need to be minimised to a level which enables the hospital to function normally and treat other needs.

2 minutes ago, Lycra said:

No, covid patients need to be minimised to a level which enables the hospital to function normally and treat other needs.

That's what I thought. Reason I was asking is it ties into a conversation earlier - if the NHS can't cope really with any covid patients, surely elimination is the only way we can avoid winter lockdowns permanently, and what Chris whitty said about living with it and acceptable deaths (inferring there will be hospitalisations too) is impossible? Yet elimination is impossible too. So we're a bit stuck....

Edited by efcfanwirral

25 minutes ago, Havors said:

How far do we go back? You could make it look as bad or as good as you wanted depending on how far you go back??

What? 

I don't understand what you're trying to say? Clearly you look at recent cases, levels overly long ago are irrelevant to the current situation of the pandemic. 

I'm not sure if you're suggesting we compare cases directly to back in January but 7-14 day averages are what have been used throughout to give a relatively clear picture of the current situation.