When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, HalfAnIdiot said:

Why? 

I was out there this afternoon for the first time since Feb 2020. 

The train was chock full of people maskless, on the chin, under the nose. There was a warning about a 6k fine ignored by a couple of girls on the table across from me, that was supposed to be enforced by the traffic police. A few minutes later, the traffic police walked straight past them.

Town itself was absolutely chokka. I did see some queuing to get into venues, suggesting there were some limits in place, but I can imagine it got pretty busy later on - there were certainly tons of people on the streets.

Echoing people on here really. My daughter (26) id anxiety driven. Shes a qualified nurse and wants to kill herself with any thoughts of an extention. Literally not just ill kill myself talk. So yep. Only a few extra weeks. Fuck it all 

6 minutes ago, danmarks said:

Echoing people on here really. My daughter (26) id anxiety driven. Shes a qualified nurse and wants to kill herself with any thoughts of an extention. Literally not just ill kill myself talk. So yep. Only a few extra weeks. Fuck it all 

This is quite close to home, I do feel for you and your daughter. Wishing you both well. 

Please say thank you to her for her nursing. 

Edited by HalfAnIdiot
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, danmarks said:

I know we had disagreements the other day but I'm really sorry other this and wouldn't wish this on anyone. I really hope she and your family will be ok. As mentioned above please thank her for her work too.

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

Echos all my recent experiences.  The polls I am seeing are largely driven by people who do polls.  The reality on the ground is much different.  People aren't interested in the restrictions I find out there in the real world.

Reality depends on where you look. You won't normally find me in Manchester or any busy place, because I'm still generally avoiding them to do what I can to get this bloody thing to actually finish - rather than sticking my fingers in my ears and declaring it's over because I, like, really, really want it to be. It's not quite there yet.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, danmarks said:

So sorry to hear that. All the best to you and her.

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I know we had disagreements the other day but I'm really sorry other this and wouldn't wish this on anyone. I really hope she and your family will be ok. As mentioned above please thank her for her work too.

Thankyou.  Didnt realise we had disagreements to be honest. But thank you x

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Reality depends on where you look. You won't normally find me in Manchester or any busy place, because I'm still generally avoiding them to do what I can to get this bloody thing to actually finish - rather than sticking my fingers in my ears and declaring it's over because I, like, really, really want it to be. It's not quite there yet.

To be clear, I wasn't trying to criticize people like @danmarks' daughter with that post. This fucking virus is shit. 

9 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Exactly what I have been saying all day.  Going beyond 4 weeks and its game over.  We need to risk it asap.  Restrictions until Spring will have dire economic consequences for us all far beyond anything so far.

Yep been saying it for months. It’s now or never (next year)