When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Fake SAGE will be devastated. 

But that's not good enough. We need to push to get rid off all restrictions asap now. Even Sadiq Khan thinks so

Indy SAGE are scientists so will be part of who the PM refers to.

Edited by Ozanne
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Ok. I'll write some more words on the internet and hopefully Boris will change his mind.

*Group of people that have no say on the decision* - plenty of grief thrown their way.

*Person who makes the decision so could chose another outcome if he wanted* - gets hardly any grief at all.

Is basically how it is. 

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

Pandemic Euro Championships are a bit dull today.  Its like listening to a women's premier league game there is that little atmosphere during the Wales v Switzerland game.

To be fair, it is Wales and Switzerland.

I keep saying the problem with delay is you are backing into Flu season and then you are actually fucked.  We can't be having a exit wave in October / November.  That is my biggest concern if we delay more than 4 weeks.

Yup. Open up, let the exit wave do what it will do, and then crack on. Enough is enough.

8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's Delta, not Indie sage.

The Indian variant causing the uptick we knew was coming after step 3 and would have caused the exit wave we were told all along there would be but now isn’t allowed? 
Despite evidence the vaccines work. The goalposts are being moved again. 

Edited by BobWillis2

On 6/4/2021 at 8:13 PM, crazyfool1 said:

@Lycra what is your experience of how things are going now in terms of illness .... and treatment for covid patients ? looks like some are in hospital for very short periods of time ? what treatment would someone need in those circumstances ? and have you seen many patients that haven't had the jab at all ? 

@crazyfool1 It's all going very well in this neck of the woods (Staffs/South Derbys). So few covid patients has enabled all wards to be released back to normal duties, including respiratory. What few covids presenting are now confined to a dedicated isolation unit. Not seen any up tick yet from Delta: long my that continue.

Edited by Lycra
  • Like 3

Just now, Barry Fish said:

I don't agree.  I think it will be 4 weeks max.  My gut says Boris will allow no more than a 4 week delay.

I hope you're right. It'll be some interesting mental gymnastics to justify reopening then over now when numbers are realistically a lot higher. 

I think if he is wise he will say on Monday that re-opening on the 21st is finely balanced so he wants to give it 2 to 4 weeks more to make sure of it but confirm we WILL reopen in July and tell business to get ready.

That would be an approach I think would appease all side to some degree.

Yeah and after reading some stories he really needs a gesture of goodwill around the weddings

We have to remember fear is a powerful force. It’s been a really frightening 15 months and that affects people in different ways. Some are going to take longer to get over this, if they ever will. We also have loud voices in the media promoting that fear, because bad news gets more attention than good.

As for the delay itself, I can’t see there being much change in 4 weeks so it’s likely to be a very long time now before we see any significant further reductions (the Scottish Government is already proposing retaining Emergency powers until next year). If that’s what the public wants, OK, but at some point we need to shift the balance back from ‘lifting restrictions needs to be justified’ to ‘having restrictions needs to be justified.’ It needs to move from ‘Government knows best, follow the rules’ to ‘this is the situation, everyone take responsibility.’ The longer it goes on the harder it is going to be to burst that fear bubble.

Edited by MEGABOWL

4 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

We have to remember fear is a powerful force. It’s been a really frightening 15 months and that affects people in different ways. Some are going to take longer to get over this, if they ever will. We also have loud voices in the media promoting that fear, because bad news gets more attention than good.

As for the delay itself, I can’t see there being much change in 4 weeks so it’s likely to be a very long time now before we see any significant further reductions (the Scottish Government is already proposing retaining Emergency powers until next year). If that’s what the public wants, OK, but at some point we need to shift the balance back from ‘lifting restrictions needs to be justified’ to ‘having restrictions needs to be justified.’ The longer it goes on the harder it is going to be to burst that fear bubble.

Unfortunately it only needs to go on til September then they can say kids are in danger. Then it's flu season and fear of NHS being in trouble. Scotland and Wales have been consistent this is not over this year  and I've always obviously trusted their words more, even if its not what I want to hear 

Edited by efcfanwirral