When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, Zacko said:

Turn 30 on July 21st, so if it is the 19th then that's going to be one big week for me. I better book the entire month off after.

I’m the 23rd June, so I pass my baton onto you with grace.

edit: I got my own fucking birthday wrong in this post originally, fucking Covid chat numbs the brain.

Edited by Radiochicken

I’m not sure I really get the logic of a “review” period on the 5th. Surely there isn’t much you can learn in two weeks? If the gov announce a review date, everyone will just stick that in their calendars again. Just tell people we’re aiming for the 19th and not face a second potential delay?

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Just call me Nostradamus. Well, I think it's yet to be seen how long it lasts.

Get this man a crystal ball....!

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

I’m not sure I really get the logic of a “review” period on the 5th. Surely there isn’t much you can learn in two weeks? If the gov announce a review date, everyone will just stick that in their calendars again. Just tell people we’re aiming for the 19th and not face a second potential delay?

I tend to agree with this, 'lets aim for the 19th and we will be hoping for no further delays'.

In full doom mode tonight. What happens in 4 weeks when all of the metrics are pointing the wrong way (which they will, as the millions of second doses we will be administering during the delay won’t have kicked in by then). Another 4 week delay. And then we are edging towards September. 

Just now, hodgey123 said:

In full doom mode tonight. What happens in 4 weeks when all of the metrics are pointing the wrong way (which they will, as the millions of second doses we will be administering during the delay won’t have kicked in by then). Another 4 week delay. And then we are edging towards September. 

Yep. Utterly depressing. 

Just now, Ozanne said:

The papers are going to insufferable the next few days with so many different versions of what’s going to happen. 

We've already had 2 different stories in the last few hours, I fully expect Sunday papers will have every 'source' and scientist on the planet having their say 

1 minute ago, guypjfreak said:

Well that's it.. If they wait any longer to open up I think that's the nail in alot of festivals... Gutted... For them and us.. 

So much for this “Great British Summer” we were promised. I’m hoping the pilot events mean things can go ahead if they’re regulated but you know what the Government are like

24 minutes ago, jparx said:

To be fair, the 5th is three weeks after the 14th - the 21st is no longer a date to think about.

And isn't two weeks before the normal date for review? We're only doing it on the 14th because it was too close to call last week?

10 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Well that's it.. If they wait any longer to open up I think that's the nail in alot of festivals... Gutted... For them and us.. 

I think the festivals the following weekend (23rd-25th) may chance it or perhaps if possible postpone a few weeks, I'd say end of August and September ones should be alright though 

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Newsnight talking about FDAs report on shitness of lateral flow tests

They’re dogshit aren’t they? Something daft like 1 in 3 tests are inaccurate and if you get a positive test you still need a to PCR test to confirm it