When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Was always going to be when about 80% had been fully vaxxed and was always going to be late summer into early autumn even without any expected variants. 

Not sure why the loons are still wibbling on, getting more and more hysterical.

Chill out. It'll happen. Have some patience.

2 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Was always going to be when about 80% had been fully vaxxed and was always going to be late summer into early autumn even without any expected variants. 

maybe something to do with Bojo and his setting of these particular dates getting people's hopes up?

Actually...as someone said a few pages ago...if it wasn't for Indian variant we may still be going ahead with the big unlock on 21st....but then again we may not have...we'll never know.

5 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Yeah exactly, some people have lost all perspective.

29 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

If people are still unvaccinated by end of summer (by choice) fuck em.

That's their choice but I don't care for people who willingly choose not to get it.

I don't think anyone who doesn't take it would want people to even wait around now to be honest. There seems to be some kind of belief that people who refuse the vaccine want society to protect them whereas its probably the complete opposite. They're just not scared of the virus 

It'll be a political decision to wait even longer and blame them, to foster more division and deflect blame 

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

I don't think anyone who doesn't take it would want people to even wait around now to be honest. There seems to be some kind of belief that people who refuse the vaccine want society to protect them whereas its probably the complete opposite. They're just not scared of the virus 

It'll be a political decision to wait even longer and blame them, to foster more division and deflect blame 

Problem is there's people who can't take the vaccine for one reason or another. If you have a group of the population who are still walking around transmitting the virus because they're choosing not to take the vaccine then you're putting those who can't take it at risk.

I don't think anyone who doesn't take it would want people to even wait around now to be honest. There seems to be some kind of belief that people who refuse the vaccine want society to protect them whereas its probably the complete opposite. 

For anyone that is just skipping it hoping they'll get away with it. Extend this until they do. 

No room for selfish or self important folk 

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

maybe something to do with Bojo and his setting of these particular dates getting people's hopes up?

Actually...as someone said a few pages ago...if it wasn't for Indian variant we may still be going ahead with the big unlock on 21st....but then again we may not have...we'll never know.

We certainly would be pressing ahead.

Remember the pandemic would be over in 12 weeks, then the summer, then normality by Christmas, then Easter and now 21st June? This is another of his promising a brighter future that he can’t deliver. 

There's a lot of people who were in the tranche that that had their initial dose in March and will be due to receive their second towards the end of this month who, for whatever reason, have not brought their second dose forward by between 4-6 weeks when the interval was reduced.

Would not not call those peeps antivaxxers.

Just now, Ozanne said:

We certainly would be pressing ahead.

Remember the pandemic would be over in 12 weeks, then the summer, then normality by Christmas, then Easter and now 21st June? This is another of his promising a brighter future that he can’t deliver. 

Drip feeding - we won't be unlocking until a certain percentage have had two jabs, probably teenagers too. Never were - 21st June was just to keep us hopeful 

1 minute ago, Copperface said:

There's a lot of people who were in the tranche that that had their initial dose in March and will be due to receive their second towards the end of this month who, for whatever reason, have not brought their second dose forward by between 4-6 weeks when the interval was reduced.

Would not not call those peeps antivaxxers.

Quite a leap of faith for some when they bang on about how much better a 12 week delay is then try to reduce it. I don't blame them if they're concerned about having the best protection, expecially when prevalence is low, which it still is 

Edited by efcfanwirral

Quite a leap of faith for some when they bang on about how much better a 12 week delay is then try to reduce it 

It's not like there's been a consistent lack of clarity and transparency which feeds false hopes and baseless speculation.

Drip feeding - we won't be unlocking until a certain percentage have had two jabs, probably teenagers too. Never were - 21st June was just to keep us hopeful 

I don't know...I know people play down these different variants, but they do change everything. The Kent variant certainly fucked our winter, and this variant is trying it's best to fuck our summer now....with a more infectious variant you have to vaccinate more of the population...and at a faster pace if want to reduce the impact on health services. That is where we are. I don't know, but I expect if Kent variant was still the dominant variant in this country we'd be in a much better place (but I guess I should stress that I don't know bit).

5 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

You are probably right but Johnson does have a habit of making wild promises he doesn’t then keep.

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Vaccine passports will do the trick to be fair - why punish everyone? 

If vaccine passports were enough then why have a vaccine?

I'm against anyone choosing not to have it because they just don't want to as a reason. Why should those of us that have done it with reluctance or not be a cover for those?

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

If vaccine passports were enough then why have a vaccine?

I'm against anyone choosing not to have it because they just don't want to as a reason. Why should those of us that have done it with reluctance or not be a cover for those?

Because without them you wouldn't be able to do things? 

The government should have banned all flights to and from India as soon as we found out about the new variant and all the huge mass burning of body's should have been a clue to how bad it was. This is the reason why we have to delay the re-opening. 

It's a serious worldwide pandemic the likes of which we've not seen for a century. And people are quibbling about a few weeks when we have the good fortune to be in one of the better positions of any country on the planet. 

Lost all sense of perspective and context. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Copperface said:

It's a serious worldwide pandemic the likes of which we've not seen for a century. And people are quibbling about a few weeks when we have the good fortune to be in one of the better positions of any country on the planet. 

Oh yeah definitely....I could stay how we are now until next year's Glastonbury. I don't do any other festivals as they can't compare to Glastonbury .

3 minutes ago, Copperface said:

true...but at same time we have been one of the worst affected overall....and I guess a lot of people are just desperate to get their old lives back...but yeah, unfortunately this is a global problem and could get far worse in many places before it gets better....

Just now, steviewevie said:

true...but at same time we have been one of the worst affected overall....and I guess a lot of people are just desperate to get their old lives back...but yeah, unfortunately this is a global problem and could get far worse in many places before it gets better....

Doomer.

4 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Still. I have a day at the Cider Bus tomorrow and it's going to be 24c here🍺

Not feeling particularly locked down here in the Levels.

Sounds like a great day although I’m personally not a fan of the heat 😆 hope you enjoy. 

• Upvote 1