When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

19 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

I get what you're saying, tho you might feel differently if you were on the waiting list. That list is now becoming a parameter in decision making I think as it grows and gains more political traction.

Exactly this. There are a lot of things that are the reason.

Covid cases. Covid deaths. More people needing to be vaccined. Uprise in hospitalizing. Spread of the Indian variant and mutation. The further risk of company that may survive vs a life ending that is gone. Hospital waiting lists, and mine is currently being a pain the arse with information let alone actually having pre opt booked in.

To push it back and keep it where we are still gives people a freedom of the air and what we can currently do. I guess for me, I didn't expect this date to come to fruition anyway but that doesn't make it less annoying. What is does do is maybe your head straight because now people who makes the decisions on further activity will have more scope to go on. Right now, I have a lot of anxiety and stress build up, work has a whole new system in place and managers have no time seemingly to help you do anything other than what's in hand so you are almost wary to ask. My anxiety causes decision making to be a bitch anyway but I'm sure I am joined by many others quite similar.

1 hour ago, philipsteak said:

Nope. That's not on. I know Barry can be a bit of a tool, but it's his daughter who is the one missing out. Like so many children have missed out on so much. Milestones especially are so important. Don't have kids myself but the ones I know have mostly been great. But give them a break. 

Wanted to upvote you, but out of upvotes, so instead I'll just say well said, couldn't agree with you more.

For the record, I am / was planning to take mine to BD this year for their first festi, which any extension may put out of reach. But we will be able to soon enough and they will have plenty of future chances to 'catch up' so to speak.

42 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I'm not that so into football these days but I am even more less interested than usual in the euros which apparently start in a couple of hours...maybe I'll get into it after a few games. More interested with what will happen with the kneeling booing standoff that the actual football. These things need packed stadiums, they need an atmosphere.  It will be same with olympics, no crowds cheering means just watching some people running and that's about it. Roll on this shit being over.

Haha I love football in the season but hate international football. I always hated the nationalism it brings out but even more so now since brexit. I don't watch the games but I do enjoy it when England lose

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Haha I love football in the season but hate international football. I always hated the nationalism it brings out but even more so now since brexit. I don't watch the games but I do enjoy it when England lose

Do UK players still give a shite about their International game given all the money washing through the PL? Tournament just becomes a kind of trade show for potential transfers to foreign sides.

10 minutes ago, jparx said:

Sounds more like 19th July with a review on the 5th?

Friends in NHS have confirmed this sounds likely.

Should be all over by 19th July and everyone can enjoy end of Summer / September in peace.

Unlocking in June was always going to cause uneeded collateral damage.

Edited by MrBarry465

15 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

5th is a review point to where it could happen early that the 19th based on hospital rises. The Sun is what we all know but they likely have it right.

Whatever people may think of the Sun they’re usually pretty good with stuff like this, and Cole has contacts.

9 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Friends in NHS have confirmed this sounds likely.

Should be all over by 19th July and everyone can enjoy end of Summer / September in peace.

Unlocking in June was always going to cause uneeded collateral damage.

I don't know that it was always going to be a bad thing to unlock in June. If Delta hadn't come along, then not only would we not be facing such high growth rates, we would have been able to bolster our AZ supply with extra doses from SI in India, since it was the outbreak there that caused them to slam the brakes on exports.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It definitely feels right - delay for minimum of four weeks, with a review two weeks before reopening.

It definitely feels sensible, especially with the hospital lag. As long as it brings more certainty and makes us less likely to have to roll back I'm willing to see it through, if they keep moving the goalposts though though I can see there being trouble 

10 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

They guy with the crystal ball 

The thing is people like you and Zahdif thing the ones like myself are some sort of pro lockdown loons....

I'm literally the furthest thing from it, but I want a sensible approach and don't want to be in a position where all of us need fucking booster shots come October because of idiotic decicions. Do it once and do it properly.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

They trumpet the vax program as wonderful and amazing.

But it is not amazing or wonderful enough for you to be able to go to Benidorm for a week, as Theresa May pointed out 

And so its wonderful until it comes to giving you your freedom back in return. At which point 'variants' are used to discredit vaccine 'just in case'

Yeah, but Theresa is a ‘lefty’ now who has no idea what she’s taking about…

Can we start referring to the Delta variant as the Johnson variant?

25 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

They guy with the crystal ball 

You know those guys being a bit of a dick. Reign it the fuck in and stop it already. Grow the pissing hell up.

13 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

The thing is people like you and Zahdif thing the ones like myself are some sort of pro lockdown loons....

I'm literally the furthest thing from it, but I want a sensible approach and don't want to be in a position where all of us need fucking booster shots come October because of idiotic decicions. Do it once and do it properly.

The thing is with him, Barry and Afro. They are still reaping negativity in this forum and basically being shit whole the rest of us have tried to bring the thread to a bit of normality.