When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, st dan said:

The later they are leaving it - are we thinking the 21st is more likely to happen?
I mean it would be incredibly silly to wait until Monday if they have known for a few days that a delay is definitely needed. It would give the businesses a couple of additional days to plan ahead, which could be vital for their survival. 

They will wait till mon even if decisions been made … they have set arbitrary dates throughout but we might get some more accurate  leaks from the press over the weekend 

Just now, Chapple12345 said:

Im in Norfolk and we've apprently got the highest first doses in the country, we do also have an elderly population so lots of take up there I imagine. Also on our local news last night they said fewer people are in hospital with covid in Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex combined than in Bolton 

We have something like 15 in hospital in the whole of the southwest … if memory  serves me correct 

8 minutes ago, st dan said:

The later they are leaving it - are we thinking the 21st is more likely to happen?
I mean it would be incredibly silly to wait until Monday if they have known for a few days that a delay is definitely needed. It would give the businesses a couple of additional days to plan ahead, which could be vital for their survival. 

I don’t think this is an indication of anything, they keep in saying they’ll let us know on the 14th. Hancock pretty much said yesterday that they’ll make a decision over the weekend.

28 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

They will wait till mon even if decisions been made … they have set arbitrary dates throughout but we might get some more accurate  leaks from the press over the weekend 

All eyes on Marr. Also, if it’s bad news they’ll slip something out during the England match on Sunday afternoon.

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Nutters

What were they expecting? We always knew there would be an exit wave, we always knew there was a good chance of new variants, I really don’t understand it! What do viruses do as they mutate, they get more transmissible! The virus wants to spread, as we vaccinate more and more surely they will become even more transmissible given the pressure vaccines are putting on it. 

Just now, tigger123 said:

What were they expecting? We always knew there would be an exit wave, we always knew there was a good chance of new variants, I really don’t understand it! What do viruses do as they mutate, they get more transmissible! The virus wants to spread, as we vaccinate more and more surely they will become even more transmissible given the pressure vaccines are putting on it. 

And that's why i don't trust some of the experts... they are trying to get their own ideas through under cover of the pandemic

7 minutes ago, hhunting said:

it was allowed to start months ago because the rules months ago allowed it. it just didn't because of a lack of permission from landowners

oh, right....just assumed it couldn't because of rule of 30..? On their website it has following:

We are delighted to announce that more than 500 events have full landowner permission to return, which means we now have enough permissions to confirm a restart date for 5k parkrun in England on Saturday 26 June.

This is subject to the Government communication on Monday 14 June, after which we will make a further statement confirming our position.