When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, MEGABOWL said:

FWIW my Boss was in a meeting yesterday that included a couple of DfT people and they kept referring to the start of the (English) school holidays, which I think is 4 weeks away.

5 weeks unfortunately...

6 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Was clearly a mistake at the time and is one now. They need to reverse this ASAP.

The thing is will people want to take it now? I feel like it's been somewhat tarnished by being told it's not safe (even though it really is for the vast majority). Some might still take it, but I reckon most will just wait if they are not at high risk of covid.

I say this as someone under 40 who has had AZ (before the blood clot thing, but I still would have afterwards).

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Down to 41% more transmissible now from 60%...

It's insane this, first 0%, then 40%, then 60% and now 41%, I appreciate estimating how much more transmissible each variant will be can never be an exact science but by publishing different figures every other day each source is just throwing themselves to the wolves

10 minutes ago, Havors said:

So because one in a million has a chance of a clot they chose to leave many more vulnerable to the virus for longer. Seems logical. 🤪

At least give people the choice but without shaming them if they decide not to take this this

Problem is that second bit isn't what's going to happen 

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

The thing is will people want to take it now? I feel like it's been somewhat tarnished by being told it's not safe (even though it really is for the vast majority). Some might still take it, but I reckon most will just wait if they are not at high risk of covid.

I say this as someone under 40 who has had AZ (before the blood clot thing, but I still would have afterwards).

Surely a fair few would, enough to make it worth it. First AZ wasn't recommended for the oldies across Europe etc but now it's that age group's main vaccine. I think a lot of people would just be glad to get any vaccine, especially if they know you're more likely to get a blood clot from the pill than the AZ vaccine

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Getting my jab today, but if I was offered az I would walk out.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Surely a fair few would, enough to make it worth it. First AZ wasn't recommended for the oldies across Europe etc but now it's that age group's main vaccine. I think a lot of people would just be glad to get any vaccine, especially if they know you're more likely to get a blood clot from the pill than the AZ vaccine

It's not just a regular blood clot - it's an extremely rare autoimmune reaction. But yes it's probably worth the risk to not get covid - I would take my chances not taking it if that was all that was available.but obviously that's personal choice 

Edited by efcfanwirral

34 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Yeah, my kid was about to go on a skiing trip with school end of March last year, the privileged little shit, but that got canned. But I remember the day they closed her school because of covid and it was the happiest I had seen her for a long time.

Funny enough we felt like we had got our daughter "back" the day school was called off and she knew she would not be going back in until 6th form. Not to worry though the 13 year old daughter has taken that place and I have a 9 year old daughter lined up after her in the moody slot.

No wonder I love going to Glastonbury and going off grid for 5 days a year.

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

It's not just a regular blood clot - it's an extremely rare autoimmune reaction. But yes it's probably worth the risk to not get covid - I would take my chances not taking it but obviously that's personal choice 

Ah I'm with you now. Completely hypothetical but you wonder what the response would be from those waiting to be vaccinated if we ran out of Pfizer tomorrow and it was AZ or bust

15 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

I've had it and wasn't good but prefer that to blood clots.

6 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

This is a seriously dumb post. Absolutely mental actually. Are you trolling here?

Absolutely trolling (actually I'd say mocking is the word).

But I'm serious when I say I wouldn't  take AZ 

Edited by efcfanwirral

I wonder how much work it would entail to create a separate booking page for under 40s and make explicitly clear at the outset that they are going to be having AZ? That obviously then enables people to have the choice, the government to get rid of an AZ stockpile, more jabs in arms but may logistically be hard to sort given the number of vaccination stations?

27 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Yeah I would hope so. I guess the answer is just to open it up as an option to people if they want it.