When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

34 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

Let’s keep restrictions going when most people get....a headache? 

What the fuck is going on. 

The exact words I said out loud when I read that.

If its causing different symptoms and say that is down to this new variant, is it a legitimate question to ask whether those in the hospital and especially on ventilators are actually there with the old variant while this one is different? Dare I say it, maybe less serious? 

Forgetting throwaway statements from Hancock the liar about everyone being there with the Indian variant, is there a chance this is why the hospitalisations have remained low despite higher transmissability?

We will need to be watching this new way of counting hospitalised cases with a LOT of interest 

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

It probably isn’t that group as others have said the bulk of admissions are the younger cohort which would indicate younger patients are on ventilators potentially, feel free to find that info out though if you fancy.

Yes, it's been said that the overall profile of admissions has been much younger than previous waves (and hence they've ended up with fewer people in hospital and shorter stays overall) - but that doesn't automatically mean younger people are on ventilators as those cases only account for a small percentage of admissions - indeed, if younger people had suddenly started needing ventilation then it really should have been reported by now as it'd indicate something very new and very scary was happening. The very fact that nobody has made note of the age profile of those patients indicates to me that it broadly matches what we'd expect - ie unvaccinated people in Groups 1-4.

Though it's likely that neither of us can find out that information for sure, as you well know, as it's not currently published.

26 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

😁 a pint would be nice alright, first weekend of July I have my name on a nice creamy Guinness! The mint thing was a Catherine Tate reference though, Nan at the doctors…it’s the stock response on our house when anyone says they have a headache! 

Haha I did not get the reference! 

8 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

If its causing different symptoms and say that is down to this new variant, is it a legitimate question to ask whether those in the hospital and especially on ventilators are actually there with the old variant while this one is different? Dare I say it, maybe less serious? 

Forgetting throwaway statements from Hancock the liar about everyone being there with the Indian variant, is there a chance this is why the hospitalisations have remained low despite higher transmissability?

We will need to be watching this new way of counting hospitalised cases with a LOT of interest 

Maybe the variations in symptoms as you go through the age groups is more pronounced with this variant? 

Older unvaccinated people still more likely to get serious disease but for younger people it’s getting milder? 

I don’t even know if that’s a thing but it’s all gone a bit crazy if people are mostly getting a headache. 

34 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Well just about to call it a night at my week at haven.  Full dance floors of kids having the crack, parents largely behaving although masks probably at 50%.  Let's see if the kids all die in the coming week. Mine just won seaside squad teddies and are happy as I have seen them in around 15 months.  Life largely normally for them for the first time in a long time.  No bubbles, no bollocks running around with holiday friends.

Sure they will be fine. 

No masks at the beginning of the week and 50 % now … you’ve done a good job 😂

22 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Looked kind of serious in India

I know it's probably controversial but Iam happy for things to stay as they are for however long it takes to get everyone double jabbed. I can do everything I need to do but understand others would like to do more .

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, gazzared said:

I know it's probably controversial but Iam happy for things to stay as they are for however long it takes to get everyone double jabbed. I can do everything I need to do but understand others would like to do more .

If it takes that long there'll be loads more lost livelihoods and they won't reopen anything in autumn. Got to strike a balance and I'm not sure that's it

Hospitality is not making money despite being busy

Edited by efcfanwirral

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

Fucking hell Boris is going to announce the delay during the England v Croatia match… talk about hiding bad news 

Nope, wait. This is not correct. He will be talking to the press during the match but it’s a G7 press conference rather than covid. Covid delay announcement to come on Monday. 

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

If it takes that long there'll be loads more lost livelihoods and they won't reopen anything in autumn. Got to strike a balance and I'm not sure that's it

Hospitality is not making money

The economy is sort of in an eye of the storm at the moment with government support propping up ‘zombie’ companies. Yeah of course full capacity would help but the real cut off is when the government support ends.

7 minutes ago, gazzared said:

That's never going to happen. Some people will always decline, many have natural immunity and don't need it and some just don't want to take the risk.

I'm having a totally different read on this "headache" thing. It's not a headache rather than needing to go ona be ventilator and nearly dying. It's a headache instead of a persistent cough, raised temperature + loss of smell. It's nothing to do with severity, it's just how it most commonly presents now.

If you get seriously ill, you'll have other symptoms. Remember, most cases have always been mild. The fact that a headache is now the most common symptom says nothing about the overall severity.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm having a totally different read on this "headache" thing. It's not a headache rather than needing to go ona be ventilator and nearly dying. It's a headache instead of a persistent cough, raised temperature + loss of smell. It's nothing to do with severity, it's just how it most commonly presents now.

If you get seriously ill, you'll have other symptoms. Remember, most cases have always been mild. The fact that a headache is now the most common symptom says nothing about the overall severity.

It’s also only saying to get tested if you have a headache/sore throat which considering we want to open up more makes sense to test for any slight sign of the virus. 

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

But headache wont immediately suggest lung/breathing issues in a way a cough does which is the nub of hospital admission 

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yeah that’s how I took it. They’re not saying “the Indian variant is just a headache” but just saying that getting a headache can be a warning sign that you have the virus much like loss of taste with the original variant and shortness of breath with the Kent variant.