When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Wonder what are the numbers (cases/deaths) for Texas & Florida? I see loads of covidiots on twitter saying how amazing those states are because they have had no restrictions whatsoever for months and its all rosey. 

I take it with a pinch of salt. 

1 minute ago, Havors said:

Wonder what are the numbers (cases/deaths) for Texas & Florida? I see loads of covidiots on twitter saying how amazing those states are because they have had no restrictions whatsoever for months and its all rosey. 

I take it with a pinch of salt. 

US is so fucked in so many ways, and I really fear this country is heading the same way...(whoops, sorry, bit of politics there, maybe wrong thread).

Saying that, their president is pretty cool.

Just to put everything into absolute context. 7.5k new cases and 6 deaths which naturally fluctuate between that and 13.

This is apparently a winter vaccine that we don't have to worry about in the summer. Added to this, they cancelled Reading Festival 2020 in May on half the cases we've got. Yes I'm aware the deaths were much more so but still.

20 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

You have the Indian/delta variant spreading in NI like it is in parts of Britain?

Thankfully not (yet). It has been over here for a while but not spreading too much.

Last weekend though it was discovered in a small cluster in a small town so they've been doing some surge testing there.

I imagine it will spread throughout NI and ROI eventually, our hope is to push it off enough that we can get our vaccination numbers up before then.

36 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Or put it another way: who here wouldn't take an "experimental" medicine that had been used on a few million people with no major impacts already, and it guaranteed you wouldn't have a cold the last week in June?

I've taken quite a few experimental medicines in the last week of June

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

What a load of crap    we was doing much less testing then    cases would of been much higher in reality 

Dress it up however you want. 7.5k cases. 74% up in the last 7 and cases rising all the time for two weeks is going to tell.

11 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

When we had 7.5k offical cases last year we more than likely really had 60,000 cases for comparison.  And when you consider they recon official cases only represent 1/3 of actual cases.  So we probably had 180,000 cases a day at that point 

No we didnt. Read the data. We had 3,600. So recon whatever or not it would not be 60k. Stop talking arse as usual.

28 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Just to put everything into absolute context. 7.5k new cases and 6 deaths which naturally fluctuate between that and 13.

This is apparently a winter vaccine that we don't have to worry about in the summer. Added to this, they cancelled Reading Festival 2020 in May on half the cases we've got. Yes I'm aware the deaths were much more so but still.

Hey mate,

i know you’re scared, but these are two completely incompatible situations. Plus there’s nothing about this vaccine being only a winter vaccine. That’s thankfully not true.

Cases are rising, but they always were going to. What’s important is the hospitalisations that materialise from it, it’s too early to tell at the moment but things are looking positive. 

I think this fixation on overall case numbers we have as a country is really bad. If we did this with any other novel virus, we’d never leave the house - if we could test for the flu, I guarantee every day during winter we’d see a few dozen thousand, but that doesn’t impact us.

Keep your head up. We’re almost on the way out and regardless of what happens on the 21st we’re a darn sight lot closer to the end than the start.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, mike46 said:

Hey mate,

i know you’re scared, but these are two completely incompatible situations. Plus there’s nothing about this vaccine being only a winter vaccine. That’s thankfully not true.

Cases are rising, but they always were going to. What’s important is the hospitalisations that materialise from it, it’s too early to tell at the moment but things are looking positive. 

I think this fixation on overall case numbers we have as a country is really bad. If we did this with any other novel virus, we’d never leave the house - if we could test for the flu, I guarantee every day during winter we’d see a few dozen thousand, but that doesn’t impact us.

Keep your head up. We’re almost on the way out and regardless of what happens on the 21st we’re a darn sight lot closer to the end than the start.

Hospitalizations are on the way up though.

I didn't say it was a dead set comparison. I'm just saying they aren't going to ignore the cases jumping that much.

It was heavily broadcasted on here it was a winter virus, I never actually thought it was but enough seemed to correct me.

I think an issue is too that even if the vaccine does protect you from the Indian variant, does it from the mutations.

It's not so much as scared to just a case of I'm looking way more at 2022 things to do while having to have this year in order at work and risking losing out on others things if it's too late to change etc etc.

It's fair to say my mental health has taken a battering this past month.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Hospitalizations are on the way up though.

I didn't say it was a dead set comparison. I'm just saying they aren't going to ignore the cases jumping that much.

It was heavily broadcasted on here it was a winter virus, I never actually thought it was but enough seemed to correct me.

I think an issue is too that even if the vaccine does protect you from the Indian variant, does it from the mutations.

It's not so much as scared to just a case of I'm looking way more at 2022 things to do while having to have this year in order at work and risking losing out on others things if it's too late to change etc etc.

It's fair to say my mental health has taken a battering this past month.

They’re not rocketing the way the did though, in fact they’re fairly stable in comparison which is a positive. Unfortunately there was never going to be a time when hospitalisations wouldn’t rise - and whenever we do open up fully the fact is they will go up even more sadly. 

I know it’s easier said than done, but try and stay away from the news and even this place. The doom and gloom destroys your mental health - head out with some friends and try to remember what makes life so special. 

I know I’m just a faceless nobody on the internet, but if you ever want to chat I’m here. Am I right thinking you’re London based? I am too so it you ever want to grab a beer and chat about that event down on Worthy Farm one evening just send me a message 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, mike46 said:

They’re not rocketing the way the did though, in fact they’re fairly stable in comparison which is a positive. Unfortunately there was never going to be a time when hospitalisations wouldn’t rise - and whenever we do open up fully the fact is they will go up even more sadly. 

I know it’s easier said than done, but try and stay away from the news and even this place. The doom and gloom destroys your mental health - head out with some friends and try to remember what makes life so special. 

I know I’m just a faceless nobody on the internet, but if you ever want to chat I’m here. Am I right thinking you’re London based? I am too so it you ever want to grab a beer and chat about that event down on Worthy Farm one evening just send me a message 

More of this sort of thing … this is how the thread started nice 1 

25 minutes ago, mike46 said:

Nah I'm not London way. I'm Northamptonshire but I appreciate it

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, mike46 said:

What a bloody nice post.

17 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

You are a right bellend.  We hardly did any testing back in the early days l.  3600 cases in may 2020 would of been a hell of a lot more in reality 

any chance you can lay off the personal insults ? give it a rest ..... please 

• Upvote 6

Just now, Barry Fish said:

Any chance you could be more balanced with such comments ?

ive been balanced previously so don't distract from that ,  I have absolutely no doubt im fair and reasonable ... if you read all my posts .... in this instance im asking you personally  to stop insulting people ... its quite an easy thing to do  ... even on the internet believe it or not .... ill donate  £10 to charity of your choice for every insult you can find from me ..... 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Nah I'm not London way. I'm Northamptonshire but I appreciate it

Ah no worries. Well my inbox on here is always open if you ever just want to escape and chat about those magical fields. Very happy to debate the best headliner of all time, but be prepared to yield to the fact it was the Stones 😉 

As for anyone else, this place has become an awful place of bickering over the silliest things in the last few weeks. We’re all stressed/worried/frustrated/bored but let’s remember why we’re on this forum and what has brought us all together.

and for anyone who is in LDN and is feeling down, send me a message and I’m always happy to shoot the breeze about the greatest place on earth or music in general over a pint. 

1 minute ago, mike46 said:

Ah no worries. Well my inbox on here is always open if you ever just want to escape and chat about those magical fields. Very happy to debate the best headliner of all time, but be prepared to yield to the fact it was the Stones 😉 

As for anyone else, this place has become an awful place of bickering over the silliest things in the last few weeks. We’re all stressed/worried/frustrated/bored but let’s remember why we’re on this forum and what has brought us all together.

and for anyone who is in LDN and is feeling down, send me a message and I’m always happy to shoot the breeze about the greatest place on earth or music in general over a pint. 

im gonna move to London so I can have a pint with you 🙂 

• Upvote 1