When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

The spontaneity of life will not come back overnight, regardless of when we are fully open mate. I hate to break it to you, but for the majority of society this is going to be a long road back.

I'll state my position one final time. Everyone who is eligible should be offered a jab once and thats it. I think it's you who is mythically shifting the goal posts.

At no point in the last few months have the government had to shift the goalposts. If they need to do it once at the final hurdle to get everyything over the line, it's not issue from me. 

For some people defo but for my age group nah. Festivals that have gone on sale have sold out dead quick. The appetite is there and it is huge for the youngsters. People my mum's age are more apprehensive for sure but it'll come.

They've shifted the goalposts tonnes. Not long ago it was 'back to normal by easter'

6 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

The only things that are still in place is I wear masks inside shops and clubs are not open. Aside from that I don't really see what the fuss is personally and think people do need a sense of perspetive. There seems to be a little bit of entitlement/toys out the pram going on. 

That depends what your life was like pre covid. I work hard and don’t have kids so my life was based around all of the things we still can’t do - gigs, festivals, travel, clubs, events. 

Does that make me entitled to want my old life back? 

3 minutes ago, El Matador said:

Agree with this. People's risk perception has been completely skewed, which is perfectly understandable given what happened over the last 15 months. 

As soon as you change the aim to "let's save every life possible" then we're resigned to a never ending loop of lockdowns. 

exactly. Theyll try and put these restrictions back in over Winter for a bad flu season! gotta put our foot down now

4 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Also tonnes of weddings and funerals ruined. Big family events, holidays. The list goes on and on. I don't get how people can be so blase about it and accept the bare minimum

Perhaps some have accepted it as a longer term thing and that we won’t get these things in the shorter term … of course I want them like everyone else but we all set different timescales on things according to experiences throughout … this has gone on for 15 months and if it takes 1 month longer than that to deal with the pandemic here and get all jabbed I’m fine with that …  

It's true that for some people, life is almost as normal as it was before. I know people who rarely met with more than 5 mates, didn't really go to clubs or mass events, not up for dancing, much prefer a drink in a pub and home before midnight. So naturally those people cannot really understand what the fuss is about.

For many of us, especially younger people, the ongoing restrictions are really difficult. Having to choose which of your 5 mates you are going to invite around, 2 hour pre booked pub visits, no loud music, no dancing, no gigs or festivals, no theatre. Of course, these are first world problems but for so many these are the things that make live worth living. Some of us also live in naff towns & cities where there isn't actually all that much to do socially distanced.

The likelihood of us having restriction-free winter is close to zero and so if we don't start doing these things in the summer, it's probably 2 years lost.

If we need more jabs then so be it, but let's start accelerating the vaccination programme and acting like there is a sense of urgency now. We've been coasting along since mid-March on that front.

• Upvote 9

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

That depends what your life was like pre covid. I work hard and don’t have kids so my life was based around all of the things we still can’t do - gigs, festivals, travel, clubs, events. 

Does that make me entitled to want my old life back? 

It doesn't make you entitled, but I don't have kids either and I was heavily involved in all of those things pre covid. 

But my life didn't revolve around them and I've developed more interests during the period. I guess some people have been able to adapt and others have not. Travel for instance, I have massively reevaluated my stance on and think people should be limited by the number of air miles they can do annually - for the good of the planet.

Edited by MrBarry465

4 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

For some people defo but for my age group nah. Festivals that have gone on sale have sold out dead quick. The appetite is there and it is huge for the youngsters. People my mum's age are more apprehensive for sure but it'll come.

They've shifted the goalposts tonnes. Not long ago it was 'back to normal by easter'

Festivals have sold out because there’s buggar all left to go to … and there’s minimal global travel  

4 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

The likelihood of us having restriction-free winter is close to zero and so if we don't start doing these things in the summer, it's probably 2 years lost.

I dont agree with that. I dont think people will agree to any restrictions once the vaccination programme is done. 

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

Lots of festivals sold out pre covid. I am just saying demand is clearly still there if it is allowed. 

I think the demand for festivals and whether that industry is safe will become clearer in 2 years time. There was always going to be a rush back. 

26 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Walk in vaccination clinic taking place this week at North Manchester General Hospital (Ward G2).

The vaccination clinic for anyone over 18 years of age and over.

They will be offering a first Pfizer vaccine and a second Astra Zeneca vaccine to anyone who requires it.  Please note 2nd doses need to be a minimum of 8 weeks after the first dose.

The clinic will be open at the following times:

Friday 11th June - 8-2pm

Saturday 12th June - 8-7pm

Sunday 13th June - 8-7pm

The address of the clinic is:

North Manchester General Hospital (Ward G2)

Delaunays Rd, 

Crumpsall, 

Manchester 

M8 5RB

Due to unforeseen circumstances the hours for the walk in clinic have changed. 

Times of opening are now: 

Friday 11th June - Closed

Saturday 12th June - 8-4pm

Sunday 13th June -  8-4pm

To be honest I don't think a one month extension is long enough. If we open up early August we're then getting into fall season where not all the older people will have had their booster jabs so they're going to be a t risk again. Especially with the flu which will come back stronger. We can maybe think about opening next summer but not fully. We don't know what damage festivals etc will cause. Maybe 2024 when everyones had their 6th booster and  every child has been vaccinated from birth. Maybe. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, MrBarry465 said:

I think the demand for festivals and whether that industry is safe will become clearer in 2 years time. There was always going to be a rush back. 

This is anecdotal of course but I am 25 and no one I know gives a fuck about covid or worries about it. Can't even imagine how little most 18 year olds would care.

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

Lots of festivals sold out pre covid. I am just saying demand is clearly still there if it is allowed. 

Demand I’d say will not suddenly jump because of covid … it will be the same if not slightly less than before … with an equal number of festivals … many sold out prior to covid … and are rolling … so they are effectively only selling the unsold tickets and those to the many people that have had their other festivals cancelled … everyone is scrabbling around for the bits that remain 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

Demand I’d say will not suddenly jump because of covid … it will be the same if not slightly less than before … with an equal number of festivals … many sold out prior to covid … and are rolling … so they are effectively only selling the unsold tickets and those to the many people that have had their other festivals cancelled … everyone is scrabbling around for the bits that remain 

I didn't say demand had jumped I just said it is clearly still there and events that can happen will clearly sell well. 

2 minutes ago, Rex2 said:

To be honest I don't think a one month extension is long enough. If we open up early August we're then getting into fall season where not all the older people will have had their booster jabs so they're going to be a t risk again. Especially with the flu which will come back stronger. We can maybe think about opening next summer but not fully. We don't know what damage festivals etc will cause. Maybe 2024 when everyones had their 6th booster and  every child has been vaccinated from birth. Maybe. 

Read your first sentence and was about to come on here and eat you out until I realised you were being sarcastic. Bravo 👏🏻 

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

This is anecdotal of course but I am 25 and no one I know gives a fuck about covid or worries about it. Can't even imagine how little most 18 year olds would care.

Your correct it is anecdotal. It's got nothiunbg to do with COVID, it's more about how young peoples interests at large are changing. Something like 30% of young people in England do not drink.

You literally post on a festival forum, your anecdotal evidence is likely skewed.....

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

I didn't say demand had jumped I just said it is clearly still there and events that can happen will clearly sell well. 

It’s not clearly still there … there is demand for the remaining small number of tickets … we only see if it’s still there when we normalise the number of festivals without tickets rolling over 

4 minutes ago, Rex2 said:

Haha I like it. This is the logic a lot of people are actually using, mind bogglingly... 

4 years from now they would be like oh its ok to keep those freedoms from our kids that we enjoyed as kids us as we just don't know what this winter will be like... we could get covid-20 this winter...  😄 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

It’s not clearly still there … there is demand for the remaining small number of tickets … we only see if it’s still there when we normalise the number of festivals without tickets rolling over 

Surely them not cancelling and rolling over means the demand is there?? They are all entitled to their money back but chose to roll over. Hence they are all sold out. ?? 

17 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

The spontaneity of life will not come back overnight, regardless of when we are fully open mate. I hate to break it to you, but for the majority of society this is going to be a long road back.

I'll state my position one final time. Everyone who is eligible should be offered a jab once and thats it. I think it's you who is mythically shifting the goal posts.

At no point in the last few months have the government had to shift the goalposts. If they need to do it once at the final hurdle to get everyything over the line, it's not issue from me. 

I mean I literally say im not expecting it to go back to normal straight on the 21st but good attempt reading 

Its data not dates and delaying 21st - the 4 criteria are 

1. The vaccine deployment programme continues successfully. - Has been met 

2. Evidence shows vaccines are sufficiently effective in reducing hospitalisations and deaths in those vaccinated. - less than 1000 people in hospital, those who are being hospitalised are seeing not as severely ill. Cases are rising but we're not seeing a huge increase in hospitalisations. in fact the 7 days average is falling 

3. Infection rates do not risk a surge in hospitalisations which would put unsustainable pressure on the NHS. - see above

4. Our assessment of the risks is not fundamentally changed by new Variants of Concern. - where's the evidence that VOC have been more dangerous ? Vaccines still working. Multiple times been told its broken the link

Why does waiting one for everyone to be invited be the criteria ? They could literally open it up to everyone tomorrow and they would of met your criteria even it it meant they would get it in August 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Your correct it is anecdotal. It's got nothiunbg to do with COVID, it's more about how young peoples interests at large are changing. Something like 30% of young people in England do not drink.

You literally post on a festival forum, your anecdotal evidence is likely skewed.....

I mean you just gave anecdotal evidence about how restrictions atm aren't that bad cause you can do most of things you want to do.

Also, I wasn't talking about me I am talking about the numerous people I know around my age. It makes no sense really that young people would be worried about covid especially now their granny is double vacccined

10 minutes ago, Rex2 said:

this is potentially quite accurate.