When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

The numbers are not going to get better within 4 weeks unless they reverse stuff, so if we're delaying on the assumption growth will be never ending we probably delay for longer I'd imagine 

In theory the test events SHOULD allow these to happen as soon as possible with testing and it should be separate, but they can't confuse the poor public with mixed messaging so I'm guessing everything will be delayed apart from the fans in the euros of course, because obviously they're so important 🙄.

The numbers could get better very quickly if it follows Bolton. But that is a big IF. 

Im interested to see the case numbers today... im hoping they dont jump up.  

5 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

The numbers are not going to get better within 4 weeks unless they reverse stuff, so if we're delaying on the assumption growth will be never ending we probably delay for longer I'd imagine 

In theory the test events SHOULD allow these to happen as soon as possible with testing and it should be separate, but they can't confuse the poor public with mixed messaging so I'm guessing everything will be delayed apart from the fans in the euros of course, because obviously they're so important 🙄.

This is just flat out not true.

4 week delay allows the entire adult population to be offered a jab and groups 1-9 to be offered a second jab with a three week lag to get those antibodies in. 

There are no plans to reverse anything, but a delay is likely and even a short delay has a big impact on the size of the exit wave (due to jabs in arms during the delay) 

• Upvote 1

NHS Providers chief executive Chris Hopson has told Times Radio this morning that vaccines appear to have “broken” the link between infections, hospital admission and deaths in the UK, and hospitals were reporting less sick, younger patients than before.

He added: “And if, and it is a big if, if Bolton has gone through its complete cycle and if others areas follow Bolton, the view from the hospital there was that they were able to cope with the level of infections.

“It’s important not to just focus on the raw numbers here...you also do need to look at who’s being admitted into hospital and how clinically vulnerable and what level of acuity they’ve got.

“What chief executives are consistently telling us is that it is a much younger population that is coming in, they are less clinically vulnerable, they are less in need of critical care and therefore they’re seeing what they believe is significantly lower mortality rate which is, you know, borne out by the figures. So it’s not just the numbers of people who are coming in, it’s actually the level of harm and clinical risk.”

• Upvote 1

Just now, Barry Fish said:

It's concerning to me they are saying 11 and over need the vaccine or test given the forthcoming vaccine is only going to be authorised for 12 and upwards.  Puts my 11 year old up shit Creek a bit.

I get she won't be going to any festivals or football matches anytime soon but worrying if its expanded.

I doubt the expansion will happen too much until everyone offered two, then it'll be vaccine proof only 

19 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Bolton may have stopped growing, but the infection rate is still pretty high and is dropping off slowly. 

That is all thats needed I believe. I like to be hopeful haha

Just now, zahidf said:

Number of Covid deaths in the 'Covid hotspot' of Bedford since April 8th?

Are we letting perfection be the enemy of good?

I think we have been burnt before so they are going to be overly cautious this time. Even if that means overreacting and getting it wrong. 

6 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Exactly this 

Time to open up

Er yes, the vaccines are working - we know that....

The issue is that 33% of the population have not had the first dose and only 53.6% have had the second dose.

Why is that so hard to grasp? It's never been about whether vaccines are working, it's about how quickly we've been able to get them out to people. Pushing back to a proper reopening in July makes total and logical sense. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Slightly concerned about all this NW stuff. In a stunning bit of timing we have plans to stay with family in that region this weekend. Don't want to cancel now as we won't get a refund on our trains and it's the first time we've stayed over with family since last summer but it is a bit concerning. I know just guidance at the moment and they've said not to cancel anything, and we are all jabbed (some of us double). We also weren't planning to go far at all. And we do have delta in my borough already. But still.

On a lighter note it would be funny as fuck to see Andrew Lloyd Webber getting arrested.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, zahidf said:

NHS Providers chief executive Chris Hopson has told Times Radio this morning that vaccines appear to have “broken” the link between infections, hospital admission and deaths in the UK, and hospitals were reporting less sick, younger patients than before.

He added: “And if, and it is a big if, if Bolton has gone through its complete cycle and if others areas follow Bolton, the view from the hospital there was that they were able to cope with the level of infections.

“It’s important not to just focus on the raw numbers here...you also do need to look at who’s being admitted into hospital and how clinically vulnerable and what level of acuity they’ve got.

“What chief executives are consistently telling us is that it is a much younger population that is coming in, they are less clinically vulnerable, they are less in need of critical care and therefore they’re seeing what they believe is significantly lower mortality rate which is, you know, borne out by the figures. So it’s not just the numbers of people who are coming in, it’s actually the level of harm and clinical risk.”

8 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Slightly concerned about all this NW stuff. In a stunning bit of timing we have plans to stay with family in that region this weekend. Don't want to cancel now as we won't get a refund on our trains and it's the first time we've stayed over with family since last summer but it is a bit concerning. I know just guidance at the moment and they've said not to cancel anything, and we are all jabbed (some of us double). We also weren't planning to go far at all. And we do have delta in my borough already. But still.

On a lighter note it would be funny as fuck to see Andrew Lloyd Webber getting arrested.

Bit harsh, no? Lockdown only ends when the people decide it’s over and heroes like ALW taking matters into their own hands might be what’s needed here. 

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

Bit harsh, no? Lockdown only ends when the people decide it’s over and heroes like ALW taking matters into their own hands might be what’s needed here. 

oh i support his stance. It would still be funny if he was arrested

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Someone taking 'matters into their own hands' doesn't make them a hero.

Mirror’s front page: Bride and Doom.

Remember, brides were promised a decision on 24 May. The government temporised. Now many have had to pay their final nonrefundable deposits and face cancelling their weddings with just days’ notice without any chance of rebooking this summer because everywhere is block booked. Thousands potentially affected.

WhaTS ThE HArm In A FeW WeeKS DElAy

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

oh i support his stance. It would still be funny if he was arrested

Fairs. I don’t see why he’s a knob though. 

1 minute ago, MrBarry465 said:

Someone taking 'matters into their own hands' doesn't make them a hero.

It definitely does when it applies to unnecessary and disproportionate lockdowns.

Once again, no one can answer the question - exactly who is going to overwhelm the NHS?

Which group of people will present an overwhelming number of cases to the NHS? It's not the 30m vaccinated old, it's not the young because most of the cases in young people were in groups 4 and 6 who have all been double jabbed. And it seems like any under 40s going to hospital are in and out in less than a day

The only group left that is at risk are vaccine refusers. National policy cannot be crafted around people who have refused to help themselves.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Once again, no one can answer the question - exactly who is going to overwhelm the NHS?

Which group of people will present an overwhelming number of cases to the NHS? It's not the 30m vaccinated old, it's not the young because most of the cases in young people were in groups 4 and 6 who have all been double jabbed. And it seems like any under 40s going to hospital are in and out in less than a day

The only group left that is at risk are vaccine refusers. National policy cannot be crafted around people who have refused to help themselves.

The groups left at risk are the ones who have still not had a chance to be vaccinated. Of which there are millions.

Get a hold of yourself man.

ONS: 80% of total population have antibodies.

NO reason to delay. I honestly don't understand why its even being considered. People act as though the vaccine programme will just cease on the 21st and on the 22nd everyone who hasn't been vaccinated will be simultaneously infected.

Edited by zahidf
  • Upvote 2

Just now, MrBarry465 said:

The groups left at risk are the ones who have still not had a chance to be vaccinated. Of which there are millions.

Get a hold of yourself man.

What's the hospitalisation rate for that group? are they overwhelming the NHS?

10 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

*waves from the North West* 🙂

There’s very considerable local variation depending on where exactly you’re heading. Unless you’re unlucky and your family live in one of the worst hotspots then probably no more risk of catching or spreading it than if you were out & about in your home area. 

The highest risk is probably on the train & passing through stations. But assuming all masked up and distance as much as possible then it’s an acceptable risk IMO.

I’ve got similar concerns myself, mate’s birthday in London early July - chances are I will go but there’s enough going on to make you think twice for sure.