When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

8 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Perhaps this is the naive man in me, but I genuinely can't understand how this and potential easings being delayed are being reported on the same day 

Didn't indie sage say we should be kept at stage 3 instead of going ahead with 4? Has she broken ranks or have they had a change of heart in the last 4 days?

Well she isn't saying to reverse back to Stage 2. Just doing a bit of 'TOLD YOU SO'

13 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Anyway evidence of a shorter stay in hospital this time around (which needs to be considered in terms of NHS capacity)

Ties in with this idea that the threshold for hospital admission is lower than it was at the peak. Makes sense. You’ll have plenty of Nigel’s that could really do with a bit of oxygen and being monitored by the doctors but will most likely be fine after a couple of days that are getting admitted now that the hospitals are quiet, whereas at the peak they’d be sent home to ride it out with some paracetamol since the docs had to fight to save lives. 

7 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Reading that article, it seems like Whitty and Vallance did their job of presenting the science. It’s reminiscent of when they went rogue and were called doomsters/proved completely correct before Christmas. A bit confused they supposedly highlighted the vaccines not being 100% effective - didn’t we always know that would be the case?

The government has other things to consider though, not least the economy (this government’s priority above all else). I think we’ll have a few more stories like this over the next few days. If they do delay by two weeks, they need to support the events sector. Doubt it will happen though, the culture secretary is too busy defending racism.

Booked in for my jab tomorrow! It didn’t mention what vaccines are available though, and with being under 30 I’m not allowed AstraZeneca. Anyone know if the system only allowed me to book for places that provide these? Don’t want to turn up tomorrow to get turned away…

If its 2 or 3 more weeks to get more vaccines in arms then thats fine with me. Mid july is the point i begin to have plans for restriction free gigs etc

however as others have said if there is a delay there wont be any guarantees given as they simply can’t do that.

i think bolton is the best example so far that we would deal with a national case surge quite easily. Bolton was in a spot of bother for what, a couple of weeks, and now its in decline again. NHS not stretched to any worrying degree.

So they can’t do this really but im saying push to 12th July then scrap everything. That will basically be everyone with one dose and everyone even remotely at risk (that wants it) double dosed plus 3 weeks

no sympathy for anti vaxxers and those not taking it. You’ll have had your chance

7 hours ago, zahidf said:

I am angry at the government. It was a mistake! But at the same time, I think border controls should be a last resort. I still believe in open borders.

I'm also angry at fake SAGE. Can be annoyed at both. But we've been under restrictions too long and I think enough is enough.

From your posts you don’t seem to be angry at the government at all, in fact you haven’t said anything about them. 

• Downvote 1

Something thats not been discussed on here recently is the nhs covid app seemingly goimg into overdrive with telling people to self isolate due to ‘encounters’ with people testing positive

needless to say im double pfizered and my contact tracing on the app has been firmly switched off

if you are double dosed and dont want to be told to self isolate for over a week on a whim at best then i suggest doing the same if you havent already.

54 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Booked in for my jab tomorrow! It didn’t mention what vaccines are available though, and with being under 30 I’m not allowed AstraZeneca. Anyone know if the system only allowed me to book for places that provide these? Don’t want to turn up tomorrow to get turned away…

You’ll be given Pfizer or Moderna. 

15 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Something thats not been discussed on here recently is the nhs covid app seemingly goimg into overdrive with telling people to self isolate due to ‘encounters’ with people testing positive

needless to say im double pfizered and my contact tracing on the app has been firmly switched off

if you are double dosed and dont want to be told to self isolate for over a week on a whim at best then i suggest doing the same if you havent already.

But what about the chance of you, although vaccinated, picking up the virus and then unwittingly passing it on to others not vaccinated?  Is taking yourself out of the game really the right thing to do?

4 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

But what about the chance of you, although vaccinated, picking up the virus and then unwittingly passing it on to others not vaccinated?  Is taking yourself out of the game really the right thing to do?

Yeah, I'd like to do same ideally...but maybe not right thing to do yet.

7 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

That’s very unlikely to happen 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

From your posts you don’t seem to be angry at the government at all, in fact you haven’t said anything about them. 

Does every post made in the thread have to throw shade at the government? The fact your chastising someone for this is bizarre.

I'm pissed off at a lot of things in the world but doesn't mean I have to mention these every time I'm talking about something connected to them!

We can all recognise the errors the government have made without going on about it 24/7.

Your back must be hurting with that massive chip you're carrying on your shoulder all the time.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Some fuzzy logic there. He is vaccinated and at risk of catching the virus but others are only vulnerable if they haven't had the vaccine? Once they have had the vaccine they are safe but he isnt? 🙂 

If we use that logic we will be self isolating until the end of time.  

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Does every post made in the thread have to throw shade at the government? The fact your chastising someone for this is bizarre.

I'm pissed off at a lot of things in the world but doesn't mean I have to mention these every time I'm talking about something connected to them!

We can all recognise the errors the government have made without going on about it 24/7.

Your back must be hurting with that massive chip you're carrying on your shoulder all the time.

Some people do like to virtue signal and chastise on here. Part and parcel of a forum tbh. 

• Like 1

I think I'm probably in the minority but I still have my contact tracing on. For me though I'd just like to know if I might test positive because we're more likely to see some vulnerable people in our lives now. Two of them are fully jabbed but are cancer patients, one on chemo, and I'm still a bit wary about that study a few months back showing limited vaccine protection in cancer patients. Would really like to see more data on that soon as it was a small study, but as it is I'd rather risk isolating while cases are rising than giving it to either of them. We are also lateral flow testing before visits. I don't anticipate doing both forever but I think I'd feel more comfortable about the risk of passing it on when more people are vaccinated and less likely to transmit it. That's just my take though.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

I've posted several anti govt stuff when warranted. But I don't really see it interesting to always have a go at them.

12 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

That’s very unlikely to happen 

Unlikely but not impossible.  There will certainly be a point at which the risk becomes so low that such action is of negligible impact...but the question is are we there now, and morally what is the right thing to do?