When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, Ozanne said:

No I'm not, you were highlighting that hospital admissions were flat which was from a period when cases were flat. Case are now rising so I'm saying that it's too soon to say it's not filtering through to hospital admissions. Very early signs are that people in hospital with COVID-19 is up but thats only from 2 days, we need more time to see if it will increase.

You are confusing two different things I said. I just said they have been flat for a long time and a 1k jump to 2k didnt see a significant increase in admissions.  I agreed  with you we need to see the data in a couple of weeks to see nationally. 

However....... if we use Bolton as the model and it scales then we will be fine. They had a big spike weeks ago on the Delta variant.  And i will say it again to be clear.... that is  IF Bolton turns out to be comparable. 

Just now, Havors said:

You are confusing two different things I said. I just said they have been flat for a long time and a 1k jump to 2k didnt see a significant increase in admissions.  I agreed  with you we need to see the data in a couple of weeks to see nationally. 

However....... if we use Bolton as the model and it scales then we will be fine. They had a big spike weeks ago on the Delta variant.  And i will say it again to be clear.... that is  IF Bolton turns out to be comparable. 

Yes, we’ll see in a week or so if the increased cases means increased hospital admissions. That’s been my point 😀

1 hour ago, Havors said:

Which is mental because the older people are the ones who are the most protected... they should be feeling very confident of getting out and mixing now. 

Yeah I guess you can't have a media campaign about how vitally important it is for young people and teenagers to be double vaccinated to protect older people without the flip side of the older people still being scared until that's happened. It infers they aren't really protected by their own vaccine 

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

You realise “large capacity festivals” aren’t the most risky activity we can do?

Who says it can’t be done?

The supposed scrapping of the "covid certification" is what I'm going off right now 

Edited by efcfanwirral

Just now, Ozanne said:

Yes, we’ll see in a week or so if the increased cases means increased hospital admissions. That’s been my point 😀

Haha I know and i agreed with you! I just added the caveat that if Bolton is to be a marker for what will happen elsewhere we should be ok. 😄  IF! 

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

oh shit, what have I done?!

I was definitely looking at the first few trying to work out the difference between them 😂

It's good figures though. Like @Havors says, if everywhere is like that for an exit wave we should be fine. It does seem to have hit a wall and I'm not convinced the surge vaccinations did it that early 

Edited by efcfanwirral

4 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I was definitely looking at the first few trying to work out the difference between them 😂

It's good figures though. Like @Havors says, if everywhere is like that for an exit wave we should be fine. It does seem to have hit a wall and I'm not convinced the surge vaccinations did it that early 

was a bit stressful trying to fix that.

Anyway...yes, Bolton could be a good indicator that, as Hancock and that NHS bloke said, the link between cases and hospitalisations...with both alpha and delta variants...is severed (mustn't say broken)...which probably means we're good to go. I still think they will delay a couple of weeks releasing all restrictions just to be cautious and I think many will accept that...but maybe early July we will actually get every restriction lifted, which will be amazing. Obviously still going to be restrictions on travel abroad for a while...we really shouldn't be travelling anywhere this summer if we are going through a surge of the indian variant.

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

was a bit stressful trying to fix that.

Anyway...yes, Bolton could be a good indicator that, as Hancock and that NHS bloke said, the link between cases and hospitalisations...with both alpha and delta variants...is severed (mustn't say broken)...which probably means we're good to go. I still think they will delay a couple of weeks releasing all restrictions just to be cautious and I think many will accept that...but maybe early July we will actually get every restriction lifted, which will be amazing. Obviously still going to be restrictions on travel abroad for a while...we really shouldn't be travelling anywhere this summer if we are going through a surge of the indian variant.

Yeah I agree with all that. And really if variants are our only concern can't they just use the money saved from having a fully functioning domestic economy to prop up the travel industry for a while and not risk bringing it all down? They seem to be going down that road from Hancock's comments and essentially removing the green list last week. Doing that as plan A would've been far too logical for this lot 

15 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Imagine if Glastonbury hadn't cancelled but whether they went ahead or not was dependent on what happened with the roadmap on June 21st. Now, that would be tense.

The weather and June 21st face off 😀

46 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

No, I don't think it's vaccinations either - More Or Less did a piece about how Hancock was talking total shit about the surge vaccination there and that Bolton wasn't really doing all that many compared to other areas, basically no real "surge" at all - certainly no increase that could have sent the virus into retreat.

18 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Imagine if Glastonbury hadn't cancelled but whether they went ahead or not was dependent on what happened with the roadmap on June 21st. Now, that would be tense.

Interest question - if everything was as it is now data wise and hypothetically Glastonbury was taking place this year & Boris went ahead with June 21st unlocking who would / wouldn’t be attending?

I’d certainly be there.

21 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Part of the fun of Glastonbury is the build-up, it would've been nearly ruined with second guessing everything. Personally I am glad they took the decision to push it back to next year partly for that reason.

• Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Interest question - if everything was as it is now data wise and hypothetically Glastonbury was taking place this year & Boris went ahead with June 21st unlocking who would / wouldn’t be attending?

I’d certainly be there.

I think I would … I’d be nervous to start I’m sure … that hopefully wouldn’t last long 🙂 … Beautiful days in aug will be my test event … but there is a bit more integration time b4 that 

edit what the fuck am I saying ?!!  of course I would … pending the obvious minor issue !!! 

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I’d certainly be there.

I'd be there 100%. Still would've been a month or two ago to be honest! 

13 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I’d certainly be there.

I’d bet there. Without a fucking doubt. 

14 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Part of the fun of Glastonbury is the build-up, it would've been nearly ruined with second guessing everything. Personally I am glad they took the decision to push it back to next year partly for that reason.

Agree most of the effort would be in what sort of event can we put on rather than what’s the best event we can put on. 

37 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

For the second year in a row I've thought they were being over-cautious, and for the second year I've been proven wrong.