When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

23 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

It maybe cool...but at same time I think it's a fuckin terrible idea.

For the average person there’s probably not much need for it but as someone who has got a dodgy brain I’d be interested in if it could sort me out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

But the US has opened vaccinations to 18+ so do we replicate their approach when we reach that stage? Or not?

The difference with America is they get their second doses a lot quicker. Even if we had the supply to open up to over 18’s tomorrow and get them all in arms as quick as possible, it’s still another 3 months until they get the second dose. It was a lot easier to them to relax things for fully vaccinated people than it will be for us. We either have to wait longer or we take a different approach. 

1 hour ago, BobWillis2 said:

The difference with America is they get their second doses a lot quicker. Even if we had the supply to open up to over 18’s tomorrow and get them all in arms as quick as possible, it’s still another 3 months until they get the second dose. It was a lot easier to them to relax things for fully vaccinated people than it will be for us. We either have to wait longer or we take a different approach. 

You're basing that on old information that's changed and likely to change again.

The current recommended gap between doses has already been reduced to 8 weeks, with centres currently having permission to deliver second doses as soon as 6 weeks after the first on AZ walk-ins and 4 weeks on Pfizer/Moderna.

When we get in to the end game, with few or no first doses left to deliver and all the outstanding second doses being Pfizer/Moderna (we've not been delivering AZ first doses for a few weeks now), it's near certain that the recommendation will drop again to ~4 weeks as in many other countries.

Edited by incident
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, incident said:

You're basing that on old information that's changed and likely to change again.

The current recommended gap between doses has already been reduced to 8 weeks, with centres currently having permission to deliver second doses as soon as 6 weeks after the first on AZ walk-ins and 4 weeks on Pfizer/Moderna.

When we get in to the end game, with few or no first doses left to deliver and all the outstanding second doses being Pfizer/Moderna (we've not been delivering AZ first doses for a few weeks now), it's near certain that the recommendation will drop again to ~4 weeks as in many other countries.

Mine is still 11 weeks. 

Just now, BobWillis2 said:

Mine is still 11 weeks. 

When was it booked?

Try again now, you might find you can move it up. Actually, having seen it done first hand, it wouldn't shock me if you get a phone call at some point offering you the chance to move it up.

9 minutes ago, incident said:

When was it booked?

Try again now, you might find you can move it up. Actually, having seen it done first hand, it wouldn't shock me if you get a phone call at some point offering you the chance to move it up.

It’s not booked I had it at the doctors. If I go on the national booking site I still can’t book a second dose until 11 weeks after the first. 

Edited by BobWillis2

18 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

To be honest, I'm just posting it with a positive spin in the hope that someone will agree with me and then I'll actually believe it.

I think it's a good sign too, if it doesn't cause a surge of hospitalizations and the NHS copes with it then I think it sets good ground for us to continue easing in some form 

11 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

I think it's a good sign too, if it doesn't cause a surge of hospitalizations and the NHS copes with it then I think it sets good ground for us to continue easing in some form 

yeah, definitely think things are looking better than they were a few days ago.

9 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

yeah, definitely think things are looking better than they were a few days ago.

It always seems ridiculous to say things are looking up when they start getting worse more slowly in percentage terms (even though they may be getting worse slightly faster in absolute terms)

But it's almost always true - it's the beginning of the end.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

8 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

He's openly taking the piss now. He's for some reason untouchable so seems to be saying demonstratably untrue things to show he can get away with it. The health sec mocking the nation during a pandemic 

I didn't catch Hancock's statement earlier - did he contradict these numbers? 

Edit: I'm sure this was a different tweet when I replied last night!

Edited by stuartbert two hats