When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

33 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

According to senior Government advisers, the current thinking in Downing Street is that many restrictions will need to remain in place after so-called “Freedom Day” to avoid another full lockdown in the autumn. 

If there's a lockdown in autumn, it won't be because we relaxed restrictions in summer. It will happen anyway 

Totally with you. And the autumn/winter will be harder than the summer. summer is certainly the chance that governments should be better prepared for things to come, but summer has nothing to do with an autumn lockdown. come autumn a strong flu season is expected, new variants and people indoors, even with vaccination experts here are thinking for a hard season and do not exclude the possibility of a lockdown. so there is certainly a timeframe for nearly all things going on possible in the the coming months, but many experts say this timeframe will be in the summer and any delays could shorten this timeframe.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

‘Hopefully we get some civil unrest’.

That’s a bit over the top, go take a look at what civil unrest can lead too. Calm down. 

I agree that it's not something anyone wants to see. Unfortunately I fear it's inevitable if restrictions are retained after 21st June. 

Kids were told last summer no partying otherwise you might kill your nan. This summer nan has had two doses of vaccine. If they're still being told there's no partying it's not going to sit well. 

1 minute ago, El Matador said:

I agree that it's not something anyone wants to see. Unfortunately I fear it's inevitable if restrictions are retained after 21st June. 

Kids were told last summer no partying otherwise you might kill your nan. This summer nan has had two doses of vaccine. If they're still being told there's no partying it's not going to sit well. 

I’m sorry but I disagree, there might be protests to some degree but I really can’t any civil unrest if some restrictions stay in place. Especially considering what things were like only 2 months ago.

Yes it will suck and people will be annoyed I’m sure but I think many will carry on and enjoy what they can do now.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I’m sorry but I disagree, there might be protests to some degree but I really can’t any civil unrest if some restrictions stay in place. Especially considering what things were like only 2 months ago.

Yes it will suck and people will be annoyed I’m sure but I think many will carry on and enjoy what they can do now.

Hope you're right but I don't see it. If the kids can't party legally then they're going to party illegally and that's when problems start. 

41 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Hopefully we get some civil unrest to show the govt the right way forward.  Its been 15 months, enough is enough.

can u let me know when?  I like to watch these things  u gonna wear the efest t-shirt so I can spot you ....  and shout about variants, Christina  Pagel and face nappies ? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

Over 6k again is shocking! Not long back we were seeing real progress in the low 2s.

This is because of Johnson and his government, we would be looking at opening up fully in 3 weeks if they had put India on the red list. This is all on them. 

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

This is because of Johnson and his government, we would be looking at opening up fully in 3 weeks if they had put India on the red list. This is all on them. 

I disagree. They've put India on the red list 6 weeks ago, during this time numbers and deaths went very low.

The lack of vaccinations is causing a big issue. But we can't force people who don't want it to have it.

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I disagree. They've put India on the red list 6 weeks ago, during this time numbers and deaths went very low.

The lack of vaccinations is causing a big issue. But we can't force people who don't want it to have it.

They should’ve put India on the red list when they put Pakistan and Bangladesh on there. They didn’t and as a result they allowed the Delta Variant to come into the country easier. 

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

lack of ?  or speed of ? the uptake is still looking really good for a bit though its been focussed on second doses so wont be helping control infection numbers ... and in that period we have gone to indoor mixing again ... which was always the riskiest stage 

@Lycra what is your experience of how things are going now in terms of illness .... and treatment for covid patients ? looks like some are in hospital for very short periods of time ? what treatment would someone need in those circumstances ? and have you seen many patients that haven't had the jab at all ? 

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

lack of ?  or speed of ? the uptake is still looking really good for a bit though its been focussed on second doses so wont be helping control infection numbers ... and in that period we have gone to indoor mixing again ... which was always the riskiest stage 

I think it's lack of now. If people are saying no and not taking their option, that number will not be the highest. 

16 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

They should’ve put India on the red list when they put Pakistan and Bangladesh on there. They didn’t and as a result they allowed the Delta Variant to come into the country easier. 

The whole travel-system has proven to be wrong which is proven by the case India. I must say that our system is also not great and in regards to the UK or some other countries like USA at least rather questionable (because it seems to prefer all EU countries with open borders for them and quarantine/no travel allowed for all the others), but also at least it is somewhat more comprehensible than the BJs/UKs. 

56 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

You know what fuck it I'm not going down the road my original reply started down...

Just don't get drawn into the culture war just yet - this small rise is not anti vaxxers.  Wait ril everyone has been offered one before starting the hate. There will be cases in vaccinated people so cases will never be zero

(And for anyone who saw the original reply yes I'm a vaccine sceptic but yes I'm taking it because I'm expected to)

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

3 hours ago, hodgey123 said:

What industry are you in if you don't mind me asking? The majority of our competitors (tax industry) have announced similar models i.e. work in office 2 days a week. That would be fine, except I have moved out of London now and have no intention to return, hence the need/desire to WFH permanently. 

legal

"It's not about the number of years in your life, but the amount of life in your years."

"Better to have a short life full of what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way."

A couple of travel quotes I used to love, back when we could travel. If we don't wriggle ourselves free from this mental illness of covid safety and accept it's now endemic like the flu, and that the vulnerable have been vaccinated, and that the NHS is not going to be overwhelmed, and that there will always be new variants, then we are going to stuck in this perpetual loop of fear and lockdown indefinitely. Right now we are creating a culture where we wrap ourselves in cotton wool and live mediocre lives under the guise of safety. It's time to say no to this madness. June 21st open everything up.

Edited by ryan1992
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 5

27 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

That quote is ill thought out, as it will never go away. The video however puts it in the context of likely moving away from mandatory social distancing this year. That seems reasonable. However Drakeford’s reference to there being no “thirst” for people to give up social distancing is a bit naive imo.  Younger people want pubs and clubs back as normal. People want to watch live sport in a stadium with full capacities. It probably speaks more to his personal perspective than a population one.