When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

59 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

God I hate her so much. Really want someone to tell her to shut the fuck up. Cow. 

When you’re resorting to calling some random scientist on Twitter mean names then you have to consider you’re the one with a problem. 

Seriously, it’s unpleasant and unnecessary. If she annoys you so much JUST IGNORE HER FFS. 

• Upvote 5

Just now, Chapple12345 said:

Thank you! I was horrific after the first dose in all honesty, different symptoms every hour pretty much 😂 but anecdotally people who had it badly on their first don't on their second so I'll hope not 🙂

I had the same bad feeling sick from first and second jabs. Sorry to spoil your hopes.

3 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

When you’re resorting to calling some random scientist on Twitter mean names then you have to consider you’re the one with a problem. 

Seriously, it’s unpleasant and unnecessary. If she annoys you so much JUST IGNORE HER FFS. 

yeah, it's kind of weirdly personal....and whiffs of misogyny a bit.

3 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Thank you! I was horrific after the first dose in all honesty, different symptoms every hour pretty much 😂 but anecdotally people who had it badly on their first don't on their second so I'll hope not 🙂

I had AZ and the first dose was pretty horrible. As a result I was not feeling great about having the second dose. The medic who gave me my second jab asked me about my experience of the first and said the second was normally much better. 

He was right. Absolutely nothing of any note. I took paracetamol before the second jab and for the remainder of the day. It was, thankfully, a walk in the park and I hope it is for you too. 

20 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

50% of UK adults have now had their 2nd dose!

Vaccination update:

Screenshot 2021-06-03 at 19.08.44.png

Do you still have the old data? I'm wondering what percentage the first doses were up to on the 21st of March when second doses kicked in. We'll be in a position to ramp up the first doses at that point should we wish.

Edit: meaning when second doses reach that point.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

26 minutes ago, jparx said:

We’d have to be in a really dire position to close restaurants and pubs again. I can’t imagine a situation where that happens - I think the govt would dig their heels in and the public would probably agree

From what I've heard, unless it all goes absolutely tits up and out of control nationally, it'll be dealt with on a local basis. Not the old Tier system but local Health Authorities will be making the decisions, with surge testing and vaccination continuing to be the norm with support, practical and financial, from central government where needed. So any closing of pubs/restaurants etc is going to be down to local directors of Public Health and local authorities working with regional Contain teams. 

The impact of decisions like that might be diluted as only impacting certain parts of the country.

Central govt will retain ownership of national restrictions (more specifically in relation to this forum) mass gatherings etc.

That is, however, unless we really lose grip on the spread and a central decision is to impose national measures and we won't be in a good place if that happens.  

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Do you still have the old data? I'm wondering what percentage the first doses were up to on the 21st of March when second doses kicked in. We'll be in a position to ramp up the first doses at that point should we wish.

Yeah I do, I've included the few days after to give a broader picture.

Screenshot 2021-06-03 at 19.32.22.png

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Yeah I do, I've included the few days after to give a broader picture.

Screenshot 2021-06-03 at 19.32.22.png

Cheers - so it looks like we'll catch up in a couple of weeks. Be interesting to see what they decide to do. We may not see a difference, since they've been bringing some of the second doses forward.

But we could see a surge in first doses to get all the young adults over the line.

8 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

So the answer to 'when will this shit end' is never 

If we don't pretty much close the borders, make people quarantine with no exceptions, it'll be years. We can open up 21st June but will have to roll back whatever is relaxed within a month because we've found a new strain that "might" get past the vaccine. 

The more I think about it, this talk of "opening" is temporary whatever date we choose - what we got mid May is about as far as we'll get in 2021 at the very least, perhaps even longer 

31 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

it will be like 28 days later when you get out.

If it is I'll be killingng someone. Had enough of being caged up. The wife can't believe that I'm complaining about being in bed with all of the sleeping time I could want.

Edited by eFestivals

9 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

You know it’s going to take years for that? 

Yep unfortunately I do … just hope vaccine production and distribution can get to a stage that we can mass jab countries just like that … mission impossible maybe 

38 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

She's on the bloody TV and radio aswell... 😄 

And lets not be a hypocrite, if you find it too unpleasant or unnecessary just ignore him ffs?? 😄😉 

13 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

You know it’s going to take years for that? 

Speaking to the Financial Times, Innova CEO Dan Elliott revealed that he expects demand for lateral flow tests in general to be high for the next three to four years; one of the main contributors to that will be emerging variants. 25/5/21

https://www.sharebuyers.co.uk/shares/lateral-flow-tests-touted-to-be-in-demand-for-many-years/

21 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

So the answer to 'when will this shit end' is never 

Haha possibly....

I cant wait for the new thread "The shit finally ended" 😄 And we can all rant and reflect on how mental the last X amount of years/months have been haha

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

You mean a new variant thread ? 

This thread is a mutation/variant of the original 'Coronavirus :should we be worried?' and 'Will Coronavirus cause the cancellation of Glastonbury?' threads.

This thread is the Gamma variant.