When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

17 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I could see that happening, I said something similar the other day where they could on June 21st allow further small loosening and hoist keep basic social distancing measures in place for another few weeks whilst more get their 2nd doses. 

I really hope events can still go ahead with testing proof (day ones not camping ones). They've been proven OK with that condition so that really needs to happen to start down the road of saving the industry.  That should be separate really, maybe to a certain capacity but say 5,000 capacity events shouldn't even cause problems around the venue 

Here in Melbourne, a snap one week lockdown has just been doubled. What’s telling is that the anti-health brigade (lets just call them what they are) haven’t changed their message at all. It’s still anti-science, conspiratorial gibberish. The health advisors have adapted their approach and take into account most recent data. 

11 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I really hope events can still go ahead with testing proof (day ones not camping ones). They've been proven OK with that condition so that really needs to happen to start down the road of saving the industry.  That should be separate really, maybe to a certain capacity but say 5,000 capacity events shouldn't even cause problems around the venue 

I think they should’ve been looking at doing this for the summer all along. Say you go to a festival have people take 2 tests in the week before, log them online and if both are negative then the person can attend. 

8 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Unlock once vaccinated.

Which is when exactly? When all adults have been offered the vaccine? What happens if many young don’t take it up, and the cover isn’t much changed? What if plenty who refuse the vaccine start overwhelming the NHS? What’s the end point? Just asking! 

2 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Which is when exactly? When all adults have been offered the vaccine? What happens if many young don’t take it up, and the cover isn’t much changed? What if plenty who refuse the vaccine start overwhelming the NHS? What’s the end point? Just asking! 

depends.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Not sure what two weeks achieves really. Either go for the 21st regardless or move it back to when all adults have both shots.

How about move it to when all over 50s double dosed, and 70% of all adults double dosed, then add two weeks, then look at data. When would that be, roughly? End of August?

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

Contender for post of the year here. Dead informative and helpful!

Seriously what’s the point? Do you have a personal goal for posts to reach before this thread dies?

Maybe his goal is to get a rise out of you. 

Not all adults will be vaccinated and even if uptake was 100 percent, then it’ll be aw what about kids. 

This is about balancing risk. People die it’s a fact of life. Old people also have a tendency to die, it’s what happens. Why does thousands of flu deaths a year not keep pagel et al up at night? Fuck knows maybe it does tbh and she used to tweet about that before covid 

7 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Many youngsters have had covid which is as good as a vaccine. So there's less need to get them jabbed.

8 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

As if that'll only be 2 weeks 

Yup. Fake SAGE will be straight on the TV calling for it to be extended to several more months 'just in case'. Already trying to scaremonger about long covid in kids to drag it out more.

7 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

ok, sorry, feel bad now. I guess, with these new variants flying about, we should be aiming for as many vaccinated as possible. Israel went for 70%, maybe we could aim for that? If many young don't take it up, I don't know...say if you don't then nightclubs stay shut? Vaccine uptake has been very good in this country, and I reckon we could hit 70% in a month. To your NHS question, if overwhelmed, then we're in trouble aren't we? It will be more lockdowns. The end point is a long way off...we'll be ok in this country sometime this summer, but it's a global pandemic and it isn't ending this year.

It's too bloody hot in hospital right now so I asked the wife to bring me in a fan from my office at home she said don't bother ask for one they're bound to have them here ... She said that cos she knows that prisoners in prison get provided with them turns out there's none available in hospital and I'd be more comfortable in prison... And they wouldn't keep moving my release date if I was there. 

2 weeks to shut the scientists up then. It won’t get morons like Pagel and Gurdasani on side but it might placate more sensible ones like Whitty and Vallance. Push it back to Monday 5th July could be the move, but Johnson won’t go any further back than that. If he delays any further then the 1922 committee will be sharpening their knives. 

I’m so fucking done with this and want Boris to say fuck it and open up, but I guess an extra two weeks would be just about tolerable. 

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

2 weeks to shut the scientists up then. It won’t get morons like Pagel and Gurdasani on side but it might placate more sensible ones like Whitty and Vallance. Push it back to Monday 5th July could be the move, but Johnson won’t go any further back than that. If he delays any further then the 1922 committee will be sharpening their knives. 

I’m so fucking done with this and want Boris to say fuck it and open up, but I guess an extra two weeks would be just about tolerable. 

Hmmm. They won't be satisfied with 2 weeks. I dont really trust them. Hopefully the backbenchers send the letters in if June 21st is missed.