When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

One good thing recently is that 'new normal' bollocks saying seems to have died a death.

Worry not as I've already workshopped a couple of clearly much less annoying alternatives:

‘the contemporary conventional'
‘the ongoing ordinary’
the current common'
And looking ahead:
‘the upcoming uniform’

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

This isn't good news for case rates at least 

Yeah doesn't make good reading. Things that need to be considered though is that cases going from 50 to 100 is fast... but its still only 100 cases. It depends on how quickly it levels out. It appeared that the Bolton cases were flattening already? Not 100% sure on that though. 

6 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Fake SAGE downplaying the vaccinations and saying WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN

Let's be honest if we had 100% vaccinated she would then say we cant lift all restriction because the whole world is not 100% vaccinated.... and so on and on it goes. She is makes lots of claims she seem certain of even with such a lack of evidence....  and then ive seen her make claims with certainty even when the evidence points to her being wrong. 

Cant win with her. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, jparx said:

Huh? How can literally everyone between 75-79 have had the vaccine? 

I assume they account for no shows within that? Everyone has been offered a first dose and of those who had one, everyone has been offered a second. That’s what I think that means. 

22 minutes ago, jparx said:

They don't know the exact figures I don't think. There were points where the Scottish uptake figures were above 100% in certain categories which is obv pretty tricky to do... some would say impossible.

23 minutes ago, jparx said:

In more detailed break downs some ages managed to get over 100% vaccinated as it's actual number of vaccinations against a population estimate.

3 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

They don't know the exact figures I don't think. There were points where the Scottish uptake figures were above 100% in certain categories which is obv pretty tricky to do... some would say impossible.

wasnt that because some people fell into 2 categories the way it was listed early on ?.... so clinically extremely vulnerable also  fell into an age category as well as that one 

Edited by crazyfool1

4 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

There is almost certainly an underestimate of how many 75-79 year olds we actually have in this country. I think the 'unrounded' figure is some way above 100%.

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

wasnt that because some people fell into 2 categories the way it was listed early on ?.... so clinically extremely vulnerable also  fell into an age category as well as that one 

Potentially yeah, i can't really remember too well, just know there was a few over 100%

2 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Also depends what industry you work in....not everyone works in offices. 🙂 

Yeah but normality still changes for people who don't if gyms, restaurants and cafes migrate out of city centres into more surburban areas.

2 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

The lies about children is fucking disgusting 

I agree that's over-the-top fearmongering but then according to the BBC 1300 babies have died of COVID in Brazil: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-56696907

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

Fake SAGE downplaying the vaccinations and saying WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN

I’m not normally triggered by her, but she’s just been tweeting out graphs of countries with high vaccine rates and recent surges to worry her followers, whilst not mentioning all her hand-picked example countries used the Chinese vaccine, not the ones we’re using. The worst kind of disinformation. 😠

• Upvote 1