When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

This account on Instagram has been a decent source of level-headedness and objectivity throughout the pandemic. I've particularly liked their pre-emptive approach towards potential difficult news whilst simultaneously advising people not to get too despondent or sucked into the vortex of doom 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPlrsqGlrhH/?utm_medium=copy_link

Just now, Homer said:

Right, what was that all about then? I wasn't really paying attention.

I bet most of you are watching Naked Attraction now.

It's all Andrew Wakefield's fault. Actually it was all a bit depressing and could actually fuck up the ending of this pandemic in some places.

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

This is interesting.

Couple of things we need to look out for. 
1 at the worst point only the most critical were being admitted. has that threshold reduced, so perhaps patients on the boarderline are being admitted. 
2 are the required interventions less than previously, and is this leading to shorter stays?

6 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Couple of things we need to look out for. 
1 at the worst point only the most critical were being admitted. has that threshold reduced, so perhaps patients on the boarderline are being admitted. 
2 are the required interventions less than previously, and is this leading to shorter stays?

I’m not being contrary but I don’t know to either of your points for any certainty. However I would think that whilst the vaccines cut serious illness maybe at this stage of the vaccination program some people still get ill enough to warrant hospital stays but not ill enough for ICU therefore they stay longer. 

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I’m not being contrary but I don’t know to either of your points for any certainty. However I would think that whilst the vaccines cut serious illness maybe at this stage of the vaccination program some people still get ill enough to warrant hospital stays but not ill enough for ICU therefore they stay longer. 

I didn’t think you would. 

I have been working with a hospital for oxygen therapy prescribing profiles for covid patients, and last week they moved them up so you start treatment when your blood oxygen levels are higher than previously. 

1 hour ago, Homer said:

I haven't seen it and would be surprised if they did. I've only ever been told off twice for drinking on there over the years.

In theory you can be fined but you're very unlikely to see a member of staff while riding it these days, let alone one that would fine you. Same for booze as you say.

That said I agree compliance seems good lately. I think more people are wearing them as it gets busier.