When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Yeah, and suddenly Peru is up there as having the worst death rate...these places need vaccines...

South America is a strange one... some of the countries have winters some dont? I may be wrong but im sure Peru, Argentina and couple of others have winters? Maybe its just that time of year? I am convinced covid has seasonality of some form. 

Just now, Havors said:

South America is a strange one... some of the countries have winters some dont? I may be wrong but im sure Peru, Argentina and couple of others have winters? Maybe its just that time of year? I am convinced covid has seasonality of some form. 

It spreads better inside for starters 

1 minute ago, Havors said:

Equator goes through Peru doesn't it? So, temperature doesn't vary much.  I wouldn't be surprised if P1, or whatever name for Brazil variant is now, is just spreading across the continent.

57 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Yeah, and suddenly Peru is up there as having the worst death rate...these places need vaccines...

Problem is, they need more than vaccines, they need infrastructure to get them into peoples arms.

You could drop 20 million doses into Brazil tomorrow, but it wouldn't have any noticeable effect on the vaccination rate because they're already overwhelmed on the ground and unable to deliver all of what they do have available.

2 hours ago, Havors said:

Like Prod Danny Altmann will vanish off to whatever his day job is and never be heard from again... Fake Sage also... If they were that good at their job surely they would have been invited to real Sage?  

What does he know?

"Danny Altmann is a Professor of Immunology who has been based at the Hammersmith Hospital campus of Imperial College since 1994. He runs an immunology research lab which has a focus on HLA genes, T cells and NK cells in autoimmunity and infectious disease."

You can be a member of both SAGE and Independent SAGE and there are such people.

Altmann is probably a better source than a dodgy economist from The Telegraph, a mathematician from Bristol and and Barry off Twitter who believes that flu was really down this year because it was misdiagnosed as Covid.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Copperface said:

What does he know?

"Danny Altmann is a Professor of Immunology who has been based at the Hammersmith Hospital campus of Imperial College since 1994. He runs an immunology research lab which has a focus on HLA genes, T cells and NK cells in autoimmunity and infectious disease."

You can be a member of both SAGE and Independent SAGE and there are such people.

Altmann is probably a better source than a dodgy economist from The Telegraph, a mathematician from Bristol and and Barry off Twitter who believes that flu was really down this year because it was misdiagnosed as Covid.

Way to miss the point. Well done. 

1 hour ago, Havors said:

Yes....we have Winters 🤣 

It's not really strange. Northern countries in south america are warmer of course because they are near or exactly in the equator (Like, obviously Ecuador).

We are, at the moment going into Winter, and we are on strict lockdown once again because cases are at an all time high. We obviously have fewer cases than Brazil but they have a lot more people. Besides, their policies are quite different of course (Bolsonaro) so I guess that's why they took Copa America, but I don't really care much about football so I'm not that informed about what happened.

Regarding vaccinations, we are not in a good spot, but much better than the rest of South America (except Chile/Uruuay). My wife was fortunately vaccinated a few weeks ago (she has asthma). I'm registered to get it but it might be a while as I don't have any health issues.

It does make me sick seeing countries like the US where they are almost about to start paying people to get vaccinated and this part of the world is going through this shit. But it's always the less developed countries that end up the worst in these situations, so not really surprised.

Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 2.03.20 PM.png

Edited by Calvin Klein
  • Upvote 1

Way to miss the point. Well done. 

I'm still missing it. You think Altmann's opinion and that of Indy SAGE are worth listening to and the above was sarcasm?

2 minutes ago, Copperface said:

I'm still missing it. You think Altmann's opinion and that of Indy SAGE are worth listening to and the above was sarcasm?

No. And I never said that... you can put words in my mouth though if it makes you happier. 

6 minutes ago, Calvin Klein said:

Yes....we have Winters 🤣 

It's not really strange. Northern countries in south america are warmer of course because they are near or exactly in the equator (Like, obviously Ecuador).

We are, at the moment going into Winter, and we are on strict lockdown once again because cases are at an all time high. We obviously have fewer cases than Brazil but they have a lot more people. Besides, their policies are quite different of course (Bolsonaro) so I guess that's why they took Copa America, but I don't really care much about football so I'm not that informed about what happened.

Regarding vaccinations, we are not in a good spot, but much better than the rest of South America (except Chile/Uruuay). My wife was fortunately vaccinated a few weeks ago (she has asthma). I'm registered to get it but it might be a while as I don't have any health issues.

It does make me sick seeing countries like the US where they are almost about to start paying people to get vaccinated and this part of the world is going through this shit. But it's always the less developed countries that end up the worst in these situations, so not really surprised.

Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 2.03.20 PM.png

so cool that we have someone in Argentina to actually say what is really like...and that map says it all really.

No. And I never said that... you can put words in my mouth though if it makes you happier. 

Not trying that. Just don't understand the point you were trying to make.

11 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Anyone have super intense dreams after their jab😅

I did!  Though Dick Van Dyke and his son stopping me from murdering Dita Von Tease was not the worst dream I’ve ever had.  🙂 

The whole evil scientists loving all this lockdown because it gets them in the limelight is all over twitter too...

Crazy scientists often get a lot of shit, just look at old films and books, full of it...almost as despised as politicians, journalists, lawyers, accountants etc etc....anyone clever basically.

19 minutes ago, Copperface said:

What does he know?

But he's wrong about Covid doubling every day. So he isn't a better source, is he?

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

The whole evil scientists loving all this lockdown because it gets them in the limelight is all over twitter too...

Crazy scientists often get a lot of shit, just look at old films and books, full of it...almost as despised as politicians, journalists, lawyers, accountants etc etc....anyone clever basically.

Some are well intentioned but don't really know about life over their bunsen burners, especially the ones on fake SAGE. They just think everyone would be happy with restrictions longer

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

But he's wrong about Covid doubling every day. So he isn't a better source, is he?

Better than many. Bloody egghead boffins.

Was it Gove who said 'We've had enough of experts'? 

Edited by Copperface

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

so cool that we have someone in Argentina to actually say what is really like...and that map says it all really.

Some aspects are actually quite similar. Deniers, people screaming for freedom, biased media taking sides depending on who they support, fakes news, people lacking empathy, etc. By May 2020 the pandemic stopped being all about fear and started being all about politics. From what I could see from here, same thing happened all over the world.

Then of course, developed countries will cope with it much better because they have infrastructure, resources....money basically. And the rest of us are just waiting for whatever's left while dealing with a gigantic economic crisis. We have about 5% inflation every month, for example. Although that's been the case for years so we're kind of used to it unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, Calvin Klein said:

Some aspects are actually quite similar. Deniers, people screaming for freedom, biased media taking sides depending on who they support, fakes news, people lacking empathy, etc. By May 2020 the pandemic stopped being all about fear and started being all about politics. From what I could see from here, same thing happened all over the world.

Then of course, developed countries will cope with it much better because they have infrastructure, resources....money basically. And the rest of us are just waiting for whatever's left while dealing with a gigantic economic crisis. We have about 5% inflation every month, for example. Although that's been the case for years so we're kind of used to it unfortunately.

Where in Argentina do you live?

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

looks to see who that strip is down the side of south America .... Chile ... why are they doing so well for vaccines ? 

I'm not sure but they've been surging economically for a few years now (even though that surge only made the gap between poor and rich much wider). So they probably have other deals regarding vaccines? 

Uruguay just dealt with the whole pandemic better, but they are a small country, and a lot less corruption I think.