When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

There's a doubling rate of about 4 days in some areas. 

It's also because the data is delayed so we don't know the impacts of step 3 yet and won't for another couple of weeks. That has ultimately been why they have had the 5 week gap in between the steps which combined with the rising prevalence of the virus (for me at least) shows that the cautious approach has been the right one.

16 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

If anything, how things are going after step 3 kind of proves the cautious approach to the roadmap has been the right approach.

Yeah definitely, have to see where we are June 14th...we'll just have to find something else to talk about till then....

30 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

No date at all. I am only 24 so I’m way off even being asked to book yet.

Feel like I’m part of a pilot scheme as when I rung up to book my second jab I had to explain to them how on earth I got my first one. They weren’t aware of the twickenham situation. 

They said that I have to wait until my age group becomes eligible to book my second. She said mark up 12 weeks in your calendar and when you get close to it ring up and book.

I think she's given you some duff advice there.

Once the first dose is registered, and the booking system has updated to pick that up, then you should be able to book a second dose.

Give it a short while - probably tomorrow, or if not then Wednesday and you should be able to do it via the web site.

38 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Telegraph suddenly concerned about some place called third world.

They must mean the reggae dancey band Third World from the 80s, they deserve it asap just for the couple of banging classics as well as being well oap by now surely.

20 minutes ago, incident said:

I think she's given you some duff advice there.

Once the first dose is registered, and the booking system has updated to pick that up, then you should be able to book a second dose.

Give it a short while - probably tomorrow, or if not then Wednesday and you should be able to do it via the web site.

Thank you!

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Just out of interest how much are people currently getting hit by year groups and classes isolating ? prevalence of the virus is very low here and ive not heard about it for ages involving local schools .... I imagine its more of a northern thing where cases are high ?  how many weeks school have peoples kids missed since returning after last lockdown ? 

My eldests (6-year-old) Primary School has 40+ cases and a lot more off self isolating. My lad went in on Friday and there was 11 in his class, and he’s now been T&T’ed and is off this week. Negative PCR Test yesterday. There’s a couple of schools in Renfrewshire with outbreaks which is going a long way to accounting for the big rise here.

9 hours ago, incident said:

Though if you're using first doses as a measure, when you look at the numbers mid-July is exceptionally pessimistic.

The number of second doses coming due each day will start to drop significantly pretty soon - I'd have said in about 10 days time, but that number is massively obfuscated by second dose timescales being brought forward for some people so it could be slightly out.

But overall, I think it's very realistic that everyone has the chance of a first dose before 21st June, and the chance of both doses by the end of July.

I'm 32 and the earliest appointment for first vaccine I've been able to get is mid June.

Personally I don't think we have everyone done until end of July.

Everyone might be booked in by the end of june but it will surely not be till mid july at the earliest youre hearing those aged 20, 19, 18 actually being jabbed. I hope im wrong and it comes earlier but it really doesnt look like in 3 weeks the vaccination programme is done

1 minute ago, Memory Man said:

Everyone might be booked in by the end of june but it will surely not be till mid july at the earliest youre hearing those aged 20, 19, 18 actually being jabbed. I hope im wrong and it comes earlier but it really doesnt look like in 3 weeks the vaccination programme is done

Nah I think it will be a case that all the sane people have taken it by July. Then it will be the case of those who haven’t taken it being the issue.

Just now, Matt42 said:

Media is now wall to wall lockdown delay. It’s going to happen isn’t it? The media have snapped it up and it will force the government to do it.

Likely that the government are the ones driving the message behind the scenes, so it will just be a formality when they have to confirm a delay on 14th June. If we keep things as they are right now, then I don’t think the vast majority will mind too much. 

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Media is now wall to wall lockdown delay. It’s going to happen isn’t it? The media have snapped it up and it will force the government to do it.

because of a lot of the scientists are advising it. Maybe they will keep some restrictions in place until everyone vaccinated, but relax others. Think still just need to be patient, keep jabbing, stay careful, and see where we are 14th June.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

As of today, there is no reason to delay it. All hinges on the next 2 weeks and I'm hoping that good weather plus the vaccines will keep things where we need them. 

Going to be a hard sell to delay the date if deaths and hospitalisations stay where they are now. 

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yup all those fake SAGE people loving their time in the spotlight pushing the same message 

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Yup all those fake SAGE people loving their time in the spotlight pushing the same message 

I knew when they started popping up the media would eventually start listening to them and they would get to a point where they start influencing policy. 

Fake SAGE give the media the sensationalism they need to run back to back programs. You know how morning television works, some boss says to their producers “find someone who is happy to advocate another year of lockdown on the telly for 20 mins” - and those from fake SAGE are happy to do it.

The problem is when they dominate the media narrative people start getting nervous and the government has to react.

Just now, Matt42 said:

I knew when they started popping up the media would eventually start listening to them and they would get to a point where they start influencing policy. 

Fake SAGE give the media the sensationalism they need to run back to back programs. You know how morning television works, some boss says to their producers “find someone who is happy to advocate another year of lockdown on the telly for 20 mins” - and those from fake SAGE are happy to do it.

The problem is when they dominate the media narrative people start getting nervous and the government has to react.

Hopefully the Tory backbenchers will tell them to bog off.

I’m getting deja vu. Didn’t we have pretty much the same conversations 2 weeks after the previous phases of restriction lifting. 

Lots of talk about cancellation generating headlines and page clicks and when it comes down to making the decision on whether to lift or restrict, the planned easing goes ahead anyway. 

Edited by squirrelarmy

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

I’m getting deja vu. Didn’t we have pretty much the same conversations 2 weeks after the previous phases of restriction lifting. 

Lots of talk about cancellation generating headlines and page clicks and when it comes down to making the decision in whether to lift or restrict, the planned easing goes ahead anyway. 

Bit more to it this time. The boffins are defintiely trying to bounce the governement into delaying. Will be a constant 'just a few more weeks' which will never end....

At least Pagel is honest about when she wants it to end. Its crazy obviously but at least she isnt pretending its only going to be a small delay

10 minutes ago, El Matador said:

As of today, there is no reason to delay it. All hinges on the next 2 weeks and I'm hoping that good weather plus the vaccines will keep things where we need them. 

Going to be a hard sell to delay the date if deaths and hospitalisations stay where they are now. 

Going to be a hard sell to the general public who aren’t as invested as us on here. They’ve just heard 21 June is ‘Freedom Day’ and imagine have already made plans.

41 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

New covid variants to be given Greek alphabet names instead of named after country first discovered.

The year is 2026. Festivals are a distant memory. There are only three pubs left in the entire UK, all Wetherspoons. The "When Will This Shit End" thread is on page 4,132,783. I've finally run out of Simpsons GIFs. We're on our 15th lockdown thanks to CV-19 "Omicron". Bleak.

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers
  • Upvote 1