When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, st dan said:

If June 21st wasn’t given in the first place, I think we’d all be relatively happy waiting until all adults to have their first vaccine before fully unlocking, which would probably be around mid July. 

Though if you're using first doses as a measure, when you look at the numbers mid-July is exceptionally pessimistic.

The number of second doses coming due each day will start to drop significantly pretty soon - I'd have said in about 10 days time, but that number is massively obfuscated by second dose timescales being brought forward for some people so it could be slightly out.

But overall, I think it's very realistic that everyone has the chance of a first dose before 21st June, and the chance of both doses by the end of July.

23 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I cant see lockdowns being imposed again once they are lifted ... I dont even think they are going to delay most things ...

yeah, me neither, unless things get real bad again. Johnson is as anti lockdown as any in the tory party, but he was pretty much forced into it as it was all they had in the end.

18 minutes ago, st dan said:

The mistake was always providing dates for the stages of the roadmap, despite barking on about it being about ‘data not dates’.
If June 21st wasn’t given in the first place, I think we’d all be relatively happy waiting until all adults to have their first vaccine before fully unlocking, which would probably be around mid July. 

I wonder if he was pressured into giving those dates from the crg crew...I guess all will come out in the inquiry some time in 2056.

51 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Yep, my blue letter ended up in a house a few streets away, luckily it was posted on the local Facebook page. This wasn't the postman's fault it had the wrong address on it, the word Drive was there instead of Grove. Every single day there are plenty of misplaced blue envelopes going up on the local Facebook group looking for there owners. I'll make my jab on Friday but plenty of people will miss there's.

I got one sent to my old address in Scotland, despite moving away 6 years ago and registered at a doctor's in Nottingham since then 

37 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Doesn't help that the scottish gov are unable to ever admit they might have got something wrong. Always have to be dragged kicking and screaming to change course. Just let people book online ffs it isn't rocket science.

Saint Nicola? Make a mistake? Unheard of!

We can't let people book online that's what nasty Westminster are doing and we can't be like them.

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

yeah, me neither, unless things get real bad again. Johnson is as anti lockdown as any in the tory party, but he was pretty much forced into it as it was all they had in the end.

hes already said hes happy for bodies to pile up .... hes not going to worry about fewer bodies piling up now 

Ive always been of the opinion its not especially likely that we’d be gigging and clubbing indoors until everyone has had at least one dose.

However once that is the case, we need to be, without delay! 

im happy to accept less than full normality until basically the end of july at the latest. After that it would simply be complete overkill. 

2 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

I got one sent to my old address in Scotland, despite moving away 6 years ago and registered at a doctor's in Nottingham since then 

It's an absolute shambles, the move to level one that was due next week looks like it'll be put on hold for the central belt as cases start to rise again. Vaccines are the way out of this and we're fucking it up. It makes me so angry.

2 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Saint Nicola? Make a mistake? Unheard of!

We can't let people book online that's what nasty Westminster are doing and we can't be like them.

Not living in scotland this is the first i’m hearing of this. Absolutely absurd! Its 2021 FFS!

1 minute ago, Memory Man said:

Ive always been of the opinion its not especially likely that we’d be gigging and clubbing indoors until everyone has had at least one dose.

However once that is the case, we need to be, without delay! 

im happy to accept less than full normality until basically the end of july at the latest. After that it would simply be complete overkill. 

Yeah think this is probably how a lot of people feel. I want ‘this shit to end’ as much as anybody, but it doesn’t really make much sense to fully open up before offering every adult a vaccine first - even if the younger ones are likely to be largely unaffected by it. 
Still convinced the government were aiming for all adults to be offered a jab by June 1st .. add 3 weeks for it to start working .. and there was the 21st June date was drawn up. Either supply, logistics issues or higher than anticipated demand has scuppered those plans by a month or so I’d say.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, st dan said:

Yeah think this is probably how a lot of people feel. I want ‘this shit to end’ as much as anybody, but it doesn’t really make much sense to fully open up before offering every adult a vaccine first - even if the younger ones are likely to be largely unaffected by it. 
Still convinced the government were aiming for all adults to be offered a jab by June 1st .. add 3 weeks for it to start working .. and there was the 21st June date was drawn up. Either supply, logistics issues or higher than anticipated demand has scuppered those plans by a month or so I’d say.

well, they're rushing to get not only all adults jabbed, but for all over 50 (or 40) 2nd jabs...because of the lower efficacy of single dose against the indian variant. 

I just think gigs and clubs can wait to end of August maybe...most gigs won't be going ahead till autumn anyway.

7 minutes ago, st dan said:

It might make sense if we didn't keep hearing about how these cases are in fact translating into hospitalisations, primarily in the groups who haven't yet had chance to be jabbed.

We're so close, seems like another own goal not to hold out just a little longer. 

Just now, Matt42 said:

God the arm ache from this jab comes on sudden doesn’t it? Just before going to sleep it’s like someone’s pressing down on my arm

i didnt get mine till a few days later but only from jab1 .... really odd how we all get affected differently .... how much have you jumped by getting to Twickenham today ? did you have an original date booked up ?

10 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

well, they're rushing to get not only all adults jabbed, but for all over 50 (or 40) 2nd jabs...because of the lower efficacy of single dose against the indian variant. 

I just think gigs and clubs can wait to end of August maybe...most gigs won't be going ahead till autumn anyway.

I think that's the case as well and it sounds like a fair(ish) way of doing things as the government support is still there. I'm thinking a delay of a few weeks so we can properly finish this off is better than coming out of lockdown fully on 21st June and potentially having issues down the line.

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

i didnt get mine till a few days later but only from jab1 .... really odd how we all get affected differently .... how much have you jumped by getting to Twickenham today ? did you have an original date booked up ?

No date at all. I am only 24 so I’m way off even being asked to book yet.

Feel like I’m part of a pilot scheme as when I rung up to book my second jab I had to explain to them how on earth I got my first one. They weren’t aware of the twickenham situation. 

They said that I have to wait until my age group becomes eligible to book my second. She said mark up 12 weeks in your calendar and when you get close to it ring up and book.

Edited by Matt42

47 minutes ago, st dan said:

The mistake was always providing dates for the stages of the roadmap, despite barking on about it being about ‘data not dates’.

Aye, surely they could/should have used the catch-all ‘early summer’ deadline?

They’re speaking to journalists about tomorrow’s front pages on the news now and they seem fully behind pushing the date back a little bit.

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I'm thinking a delay of a few weeks so we can properly finish this off is better than coming out of lockdown fully on 21st June and potentially having issues down the line.

Its the sensible / considered view at this time i think. It really wont be too much longer after the 21st june that we can say we have offered a vaccine to everyone over 18. That should be a time to reflect on what an amazing feat it is and be able to, in good conscience, declare everything open

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

If anything how things are going after step 3 kind of proves the cautious approach to the roadmap has been the right approach.

How things are going? You mean the fact deaths are incredibly low and hospitals are fine. Slight rise in cases is hardly a disaster