When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

33 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

So the real preasure on the NHS is now coming from the effects of lockdown and the historic lack of funding meabing even a small wave is going to be a problem.  I think that is what I take from that thread.

Lockdown reduced the pressure on the NHS. It wasn't lockdown that delayed people coming to hospital, it was covid.

Edit: With you on funding and the obsession with efficiency leaving the NHS fragile.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Which industry do you mean? And by "covered up" do you mean covered up the existence of covid, or its origin?

I hope everyone in the industry, meaning if it's lab scientists, it all goes to shit for them. I don't want anyone to personally die themselves obviously but they need to be held accountable for damage they have caused.

Yes covered up that something infection wise had escaped from a lab. Own it and let the rest of us be ready for it.

2 hours ago, JoeyT said:

We’re back at the finger pointing game...

I seem to remember discussions about this at the start of the pandemic which were quickly quashed as the virus looked like it was natural rather than lab designed. 

I guess it’s a possibility that it was a natural virus they detected and were culturing, and it escaped somehow.

If China did cover it up, the implications are massive and worrying. 

17 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah and if they are wrong then their whole world view is wrong. I think the approach some of them were taking today is that government won’t let us out on the 21st June.

What will it take to convince you that your world view is wrong and theirs is right? If the government continue with restrictions for the rest of the year will you accept any reason they come up with to justify this? If we are on the verge of reopening and events are going to return to normal why has Boris just got married with 30 guests when he could have had a proper do in just a few weeks time? He has said he's going to celebrate with friends and family next July, maybe that gives you a clue when things might be normal again.

Just spotted this in the other thread, looks like Neil is coming over to my way of thinking!

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

That says to me that restrictions are not about to end.cos why would spaffer choose to have his wedding with restrictions when he'd know he could have it with no restrictions in a few weeks.

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

CEO of NHS Providers with a thread on where hospitals are:

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

So the real preasure on the NHS is now coming from the effects of lockdown and the historic lack of funding meabing even a small wave is going to be a problem.  I think that is what I take from that thread.

This is my concern now - that thread implies that any further easing could cause unacceptable pressure on the NHS, basically because its underfunded and any additional pressure is too much. 

My takeaway from that is that covid just in general on top of anything else pushes those hospitals to a certain level of pressure, and that if we want to "protect the NHS" its really best if further easing was to wait til everyone has had two vaccines. So that's this time next year once you factor winter in. 

I hate to say it but i think there needs to be a conversation about healthcare - as capacity and funding seems to be standing in the way of freedom 

8 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Just spotted this in the other thread, looks like Neil is coming over to my way of thinking!

5 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Maybe he just wanted to get married and its been pre planned for months?  Not everyone wants a huge wedding and if he did why wouldn't he just wait until August?

On the wedding thing - could it be a financial/legal reason? Something to do with assets and potential, no matter how remote, for some sort of criminal inquiry? The guy's been accused of all sorts the past few months so its not far fetched that some of it is true and this is a way to protect some of what he owns. 

40 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

If it did escape from a lab it seems the USA where part funding the research on what was going on in wohan labs.  

I don't really know or care what happened and we will never really know anyway at this point.

Yeah this is the reason I'm not too concerned about the consequences of the lab leak being confirmed is more than just China are implicated. And anything dodgy like that where America is involved usually has our grubby mitts all over too so I can't imagine we're 100% innocent either in that scenario

Interesting that this was a censored conspiracy theory a year ago and anyone who discussed it was a nutter

Edited by efcfanwirral

Another thought on the wedding  - could be political sensitivity, how would it look if he even had a modest celebration right now when he's dealing with a "crisis"? But at the same time a want/need to be legally married, probably not pushed by him, so waiting til after the inquiry and he isn't "in the middle of a crisis" for the celebration 

Edited by efcfanwirral

Turns out that bloke who got annoyed with me for cleaning a piece of gym equipment after I used it is still not happy with me.

Took some time out from staring at his phone to stare at me when I walked past him in the gym earlier.

I gave him a big smile and a 'good morning!'

I'd love to try and get him to articulate what it is that I've done to upset him. 

Edited by Homer

There was an interview with exiled artist Ai Weiwei in The Guardian this week, who had a group of people filming a covert documentary on the virus when it hit initially in Wuhan, where he sounded pretty certain it was a lab virus. I've always been a bit skeptical but if anyone knows the ins and outs of the government and how they deal with stuff, it's him and his network of connections on the ground there.

I think anybody who is reasonably intelligent can understand that the pandemic has something to do with the Institute in Wuhan [the institute strongly denies any such link and none has been proved]. They have been talking for years about how they have separated these various kinds of viruses there. In China there are less philosophical or moral questions about how far humans can go into this kind of research. They want to be advanced. And not just China. Everybody also now knows that some money for that centre comes directly from the US. China is not China now. They are connected in every way with US and the west. Not just in the economy and banking but in universities and research, everything.

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

Maybe he just wanted to get married and its been pre planned for months?  Not everyone wants a huge wedding and if he did why wouldn't he just wait until August?

He planned to get married last summer covid fucked it up?byod have thought they'd want to do it without masks,etc, and they were in the best position to do that. Why get married now when spaffer would know they could do it in s few weeks without restrictions.

I said last summer that his wedding could be used to indicate what was happening in the future....

Call me cynical if you want but what has the new Mrs De Pfeffel Johnson got on Bojo in order for him to put a ring on it?

It’s certainly not due being a mother of a child of his, he hasn’t married most of his baby mummas. She’s certainly not expecting him to be faithful as he’s already publicly cheated on her. 

Apparently he’s also skint as the PM’s salary doesn’t cover his outgoings so she’s not chasing him for his current wealth.

Why chose to be in a legal agreement with a known liar and a cheat? I don’t understand it unless you have something big to gain from it.  

2 hours ago, Homer said:

Turns out that bloke who got annoyed with me for cleaning a piece of gym equipment after I used it is still not happy with me.

Took some time out from staring at his phone to stare at me when I walked past him in the gym earlier.

I gave him a big smile and a 'good morning!'

I'd love to try and get him to articulate what it is that I've done to upset him. 

This is seriously odd because it has ALWAYS been a requirement/polite to wipe down gym equipment after using it. It speaks volumes about some people’s paranoia about the ‘plandemic’.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, amfy said:

This is seriously odd because it has ALWAYS been a requirement/polite to wipe down gym equipment after using it. It speaks volumes about some people’s paranoia about the ‘plandemic’.

I'm working on an interesting new theory that he might be a complete f@cking idiot 

• Upvote 1