When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

WFH guidance could remain too according to that story which seems wise if they want to open up more. 

Purely selfish perspective but face masks and WFH to sacrifice for full reopening elsewhere definitely works for me!

4 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Absolutely - pret vs the entire nighttime economy sounds like a n brainer to me 

2 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

Purely selfish perspective but face masks and WFH to sacrifice for full reopening elsewhere definitely works for me!

Agreed. I had a feeling face masks would stay through the summer as a just in case type of thing that doesn’t really cost anything. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

I find it mad anyone would disagree. Masks on public transport/shops, WFH some times. Cut down on the amount of interactions you have people during a normal week but still have the ability to go the shops/pub/restaurant/gigs/matches.

6 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

Tbh most companies are geared towards that now and face masks is just an easy option for public transport.

3 minutes ago, august1 said:

I find it mad anyone would disagree. Masks on public transport/shops, WFH some times. Cut down on the amount of interactions you have people during a normal week but still have the ability to go the shops/pub/restaurant/gigs/matches.

My dad works for Natwest and has been told to prepare for mostly home working and only going in if essential - also I agree with your points altogether, as long as we're free to do what we want I think people would accept a few smaller compromises, especially after the gar draconian ones we've faced 

23 minutes ago, august1 said:

It seems like a fair compromise doesn’t it. 

• Downvote 1

Just now, Barry Fish said:

Yeah mate    Paramount on Oxford Road 

Spent a fair few after work nights there! Didn't change the whole time I lived in Manchester and doesn't seem to have done since 😂

Similar with the mask compliance on my way back from Liverpool tonight 

13 hours ago, JoeyT said:

I think it was 5 cases out of the 40 something wasn’t it?

Or was that stat referring to those who had both doses?

Indeed. I think everyone in the hospital admitted allegedly for Sarscov2 had had at least 1 dose of some vaccine. 5 had even had 2 doses.

Some may have been very unlucky and contract covid whilst immunity was building, but I suspect that really this is a reaction to the vaccine. Particularly for those 5 that had had the second dose.

I know colleagues and friends who have had covid and had the vaccine... For pretty much all of them after the vaccine was worst in terms of it's affects on the body.

Is utter madness that this is being pushed on young healthy people. 

• Downvote 8

10 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Agreed. I had a feeling face masks would stay through the summer as a just in case type of thing that doesn’t really cost anything. 

No doesn't cost anything.

Just totally detrimental to everyone's mental health, especially children and the elderly.

• Downvote 1

48 minutes ago, chestwig said:

Is that all you have?

Thousands of thousands of people are having moderate to severe reactions to the AZ vaccine. ... Perhaps it's time to stop being in denial.

To be fair, when you analyse the point you made, that the majority of hospitalisations in Bolton are due to people having side effects from a vaccination as opposed to Covid infection, I don't really need much more.

But when you look back at your previous anti-vax, tin foil hat conspiracy type posts over the past few months, at least you've been consistent.

51 minutes ago, chestwig said:

Indeed. I think everyone in the hospital admitted allegedly for Sarscov2 had had at least 1 dose of some vaccine. 5 had even had 2 doses.

Some may have been very unlucky and contract covid whilst immunity was building, but I suspect that really this is a reaction to the vaccine. Particularly for those 5 that had had the second dose.

I know colleagues and friends who have had covid and had the vaccine... For pretty much all of them after the vaccine was worst in terms of it's affects on the body.

Ah we have a scientist in our midst

55 minutes ago, chestwig said:

Sillybilly

1 hour ago, chestwig said:

What a crock of shite

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, chestwig said:

• Upvote 2

Some of the adverse reactions to the vaccine reported would be quite comical if it wasn't such a serious subject matter. I definitely had a hangover after I was jabbed but I'm pretty sure that was to do with the 10 pints of lager rather than the vaccine. 

Crying
Hangover
Pregnant women being pregnant
Having anal sex
Enlarged clitoris/scrotum
Retirement
Homosexual parent
Illiteracy
Smokers smoking 

The list goes on. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-adverse-reactions