When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Of course not.  I wasn't really being serious.

However, I do genuinely loathe both the club and its fanbase.

Hope that clarifies.

I have no choice but to agree. The club is not just one of the most bigoted institutions in Scottish football, but they’re one of the biggest poisons on Scottish society period.

I will forever regret that Scottish football didn’t take the opportunity to consign them to the rubbish bin in 2012. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BobWillis2 said:

If the Germans have really fixed the clotting issue and they can get the approval then J&J would be a good option for a one and done vaccine rollout in secondary schools. 

Surely any changes they make need to go through some sort of process right? 

8 hours ago, Rex2 said:

It's a non starter this argument. People were discharged from hospitals in open spaces where people are clinically vulnerable back into care homes where they can isolate, and where people aren't extremely unwell. If anything more funding should have been chucked at ensuring safety in care homes rather than increased testing capacity 

You can't isolate in a care home.  It's a poorly ventilated building full of extremely vulnerable people sharing care staff.  One case of covid in a care home will go through like wildfire, infect and kill many people.  There is no way people should have been released from hospitals where it was rife into care homes without testing negative.  It is an absolute national scandal if Hancock knew untested people were being sent from hospital into care homes, if he lied about it he should be facing criminal sanctions. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

if you don't clear beds in hospitals though, there's nowhere for sick people to be admitted to. It's great to say that nobody should be discharged into care homes until tests have been undertaken, but in the early days of COVID it was a huge problem getting swabs, and  getting the results could be a couple of days in coming back. that could be a three day delay, on someone who isnt presenting with any symptoms, on a bed that at a conservative estimate would be filled within ten minutes, probably five times over. 

working under pressure like that is basically impossible. In no way am i defending Mancock here btw, i'm defending the ward staff who are supposed to craft a properly organised silk purse out of the cow's arsehole they hand us. (ok, i work in hospital discharges in Mental Health, but i'm trying to balance the debate)

10 minutes ago, ErnestWorthing said:

You can't isolate in a care home.  It's a poorly ventilated building full of extremely vulnerable people sharing care staff.  One case of covid in a care home will go through like wildfire, infect and kill many people.  There is no way people should have been released from hospitals where it was rife into care homes without testing negative.  It is an absolute national scandal if Hancock knew untested people were being sent from hospital into care homes, if he lied about it he should be facing criminal sanctions. 

Definitely this. I don’t for one second believe it was a deliberate or malicious act, rather one of incompetence and lack of oversight into what they were doing, in purely being focussed on freeing hospital beds. Which is why we require a much more capable bunch of people in the top roles of running the country. 

Edited by st dan

11 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

if you don't clear beds in hospitals though, there's nowhere for sick people to be admitted to. It's great to say that nobody should be discharged into care homes until tests have been undertaken, but in the early days of COVID it was a huge problem getting swabs, and  getting the results could be a couple of days in coming back. that could be a three day delay, on someone who isnt presenting with any symptoms, on a bed that at a conservative estimate would be filled within ten minutes, probably five times over. 

I can't overstate the seriousness of putting someone with covid into a care home, it's a death sentence, multiple times over.  Put them in a nightingale, put them in a hotel, put them in 10 downing street, I don't care where, you can't send people who possibly have covid into a care home.  My understanding is that this did happen though, and many people will have died unnecessarily as a result of this choice.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Just now, JoeyT said:

That'll be reserved for when or rather if admissions and deaths rise significantly.

No sign of that yet.

Very true … a few weeks to find out … what I’m a bit more nervous of is that in Israel the cases really didn’t rise yet here they seem to be … presuming the difference is the Indian variant .. ? Hopefully just a small rise like we’ve seen at all stages and then a dip as more people get the jab 

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

Deaths is just noise but the admissions is one to keep an eye on.

Is there data for ICU admissions? 

Yeah, doesn't take a lot to get a rise when you're in single figures of deaths each day

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Very true … a few weeks to find out … what I’m a bit more nervous of is that in Israel the cases really didn’t rise yet here they seem to be … presuming the difference is the Indian variant .. ? Hopefully just a small rise like we’ve seen at all stages and then a dip as more people get the jab 

I don't have the graph but pretty sure i've seen something showing that Israel did have a blip upon opening up at some point on their unlocking.

We're vaccinating at good speed now in fact even in Bristol they're ramping it up massively. So much so I had a text earlier regarding my vaccination tomorrow asking me to use a free shuttle bus service from the local park and ride because they're expecting to be so busy they won't have enough parking...

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Deaths is just noise but the admissions is one to keep an eye on.

Is there data for ICU admissions? 

Possibly but I don't know where to find it. Below is the actual number in hospital which isn't rising massively and remains at a stable level so whilst admissions may on the face of it look a tad scary we need to remember that there will also be people leaving hospital...

image.png.83217e048bf1dd4f7bc0abe1ce2686b4.png