When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

18 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Starting to get a bit more pessimistic on the June 21st full release from restrictions due to this Indian variant.

we have until the 14th June  for cases to drop or level off id say ... so a crucial few weeks .....also bare in mind we have some sunshine now so more outdoors stuff might help .....

I think the best answer to get us out of full restrictions quicker could be to put the brakes on now for a couple of weeks. Obviously financially help the businesses but go back to outdoors, just for 2-3 weeks. It might be over cautious but equally it might just get us over the line. Don't wait for the hospitals to fill up (if it's going to happen) and have to lock down for the whole summer. 

Edited by efcfanwirral

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I think the best answer to get us out of full restrictions quicker could be to put the brakes on now for a couple of weeks. Obviously financially help the businesses but go back to outdoors, just for 2-3 weeks. It might be over cautious but equally it might just get us over the line. Don't wait for the hospitals to fill up (if it's going to happen) and have to lock down for the whole summer. 

Maybe, but isn't going to happen. I expect the policy at moment is vaccinate like fuck and hope for the best.

22 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

no more opening at the next stage ? or roll back 1 stage ? doesnt Israel ( vaccines ) give us hope ?

Edited by crazyfool1

49 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

One thing we have surely learnt - if you need to break - do it now! 

45 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

no more opening at the next stage ? or roll back 1 stage ? doesnt Israel ( vaccines ) give us hope ?

I think we're just in gambling territory now. While it probably won't be an issue, if it is 2021 is over if we let the hospitals fill up. Caution now for reward later 

Edited by efcfanwirral

Given that the reopening is "cautious but irreversible", I'd strongly suggest that it's far more likely we stay in step 3 for extra weeks/months than we actually try and take a step back to take 2 forwards later on.

Still think it's more likely than not that 21 June gets the green light.

10 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Given that the reopening is "cautious but irreversible", I'd strongly suggest that it's far more likely we stay in step 3 for extra weeks/months than we actually try and take a step back to take 2 forwards later on.

Still think it's more likely than not that 21 June gets the green light.

I think we are panicking more in this country than others, despite the fact we see vaccinating loads more. 

In a week things will go up a bit but not to a worrying degree I reckon 

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Even Einstein got it wrong, nerd.

Einstein was a twat, didn't he predict multiverses or something, and infinite alternative realities? I will put a tenner on the shit not ending tomorrow, so will happily accept my reward when the inevitable happens tomorrow. Or am i just unlucky and have the reality where this shite never ends. would you Adam and Eve it!

16 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I think we're just in gambling territory now. While it probably won't be an issue, if it is 2021 is over if we let the hospitals fill up. Caution now for reward later 

Don’t think this is true - if we continue vaccinating as many as possible now then even in the worst case scenario of increased vaccine escape associated with the Indian variant, in say 6 weeks time (mid summer) loads more people are going to have levels of protection (ie one or two doses) so cases will fall again. 

On the demand for gigs issue that comes up from time to time, an artist I love is doing two socially distanced gigs week after next, upstairs in a pub. Tables in twos, 40 people max per gig, no need to wear mask while seated (I guess because essentially pub rules). I set a reminder to buy tickets when they went on sale as I thought they'd absolutely fly out. Been on sale a week now and he is still pushing it. Seems people really aren't that up for socially distanced stuff? I'm excited anyway.

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

On the demand for gigs issue that comes up from time to time, an artist I love is doing two socially distanced gigs week after next, upstairs in a pub. Tables in twos, 40 people max per gig, no need to wear mask while seated (I guess because essentially pub rules). I set a reminder to buy tickets when they went on sale as I thought they'd absolutely fly out. Been on sale a week now and he is still pushing it. Seems people really aren't that up for socially distanced stuff? I'm excited anyway.

Not being able to mosh is a big turn off IMO