When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

34 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

It's a strange one for me as where we're currently at with the roadmap ticks all the boxes in terms of what I can / want to do.

Until I can get back to proper gigs my life is incomplete. Anything that screws them over at the last minute will be just so unfair. 

9 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Until I can get back to proper gigs my life is incomplete. Anything that screws them over at the last minute will be just so unfair. 

This is how I feel but about camping festivals- it's the only potential escape from it all really- abroad/airports with masks outdoors, tests, capacity limits etc just sounds rubbish, takes all the fun away. Same for going on holiday domestically and having to think about booking tables, places probably being full if you want to be spontaneous etc isn't exactly an escape.

Back in December I was mentally prepared for festivals not happening this year, and still believe that's where we'll end up, I'm just annoyed about being given false hope. 

It sounds spoilt I know but considering this is all based on my strong belief this is us maybe getting a couple of months freedom in summer, any delays just reduces that time  

Edited by efcfanwirral

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

This is how I feel but about camping festivals- it's the only potential escape from it all really- abroad/airports with masks outdoors, tests, capacity limits etc just sounds rubbish, takes all the fun away. Same for going on holiday domestically and having to think about booking tables, places probably being full if you want to be spontaneous etc isn't exactly an escape.

At Christmas I was mentally prepared for them not happening this year, and still believe that's where we'll end up, I'm just annoyed about being given false hope. 

Zero chance of people with 2 jabs not meeting up over Xmas for a second year in a row

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Zero chance of people with 2 jabs not meeting up over Xmas for a second year in a row

I think he meant at Christmas a few months back, he was prepared for festivals not being on this summer. 

There is absolutely no prospect of a Christmas cancellation this year. Everyone will have been offered 2 vaccines by then, over 50's will have been offered 3.

Edited by Fuzzy Afro

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

Just edited it to make it clearer- I meant at Christmas I had zero belief we'd get camping festivals (or any gatherings really) this year 

Ah fair enough

I personally think some stuff will happen by August onwards, if not July. They are going to vax their way through it and they clearly dont care about increase in hospitalisations

57 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

It's a strange one for me as where we're currently at with the roadmap ticks all the boxes in terms of what I can / want to do.

No festivals / standing gigs? 

Not quite where I want to be yet! 

9 minutes ago, stuie said:

No festivals / standing gigs? 

Not quite where I want to be yet! 

Festival wise I only ever do Glastonbury so obviously my view is shifted somewhat with that not going ahead next month!

Out of curiosity more than anything but when was the last time you knew of anyone close (friends / family) to actually have COVID?

It's just occurred to me that I literally couldn't remember anyone I know of actually having it possibly going back as far as January (and that was actually myself having it!)

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Ah fair enough

I personally think some stuff will happen by August onwards, if not July. They are going to vax their way through it and they clearly dont care about increase in hospitalisations

I think Reading and Leeds might happen but confidence goes up and down on a daily basis!

8 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Out of curiosity more than anything but when was the last time you knew of anyone close (friends / family) to actually have COVID?

It's just occurred to me that I literally couldn't remember anyone I know of actually having it possibly going back as far as January (and that was actually myself having it!)

I don't think I really know of anyone close that's knowingly had it during the whole thing.

9 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I read this earlier and I just couldn't be arsed posting yet another negative post from the silly cow.

In other good news...  and forgive the source...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9624453/June-21-hangs-balance-warns-Professor-Neil-Ferguson.html

While all the 7 day averages are pointing a little up or flattening...   the current daily counts have all dropped in all the danger areas.

I think this is why Boris keeps saying - wait and see...  I think they want the 7 day averages to point downwards and keep pointing downwards and that looks on the cards to be honest.

Think you may be right on the bolded part. Cases going up are starting to make me believe 21 June will be delayed (not that I think it should be even with case increases), but if the tide is turning in those places that have been hit hard by the new variant, given they account for so much of the current UK case load/surge testing etc. then we may be ok.

2 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Back in December I was mentally prepared for festivals not happening this year, and still believe that's where we'll end up, I'm just annoyed about being given false hope. 

It sounds spoilt I know but considering this is all based on my strong belief this is us maybe getting a couple of months freedom in summer, any delays just reduces that time  

Yes we all have our own escapes in normal times I typically go to circa 20-30 gigs a year and Glastonbury and no matter how shit things are at work etc I can cheer myself up by going at least it's only x number of days before x gig. Most of my friends don't live locally to me and a lot of them are busy with kids etc now so live music is my sanity break.