When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

9 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Although Northern Ireland has opened up to all over 18s they are being warned slots will be released as and when there is a availability.  So its going to be a bun fight.

I think we should probably do the same.  There isn't much risk difference between a 29 year old and a 18 year old.

Northern Ireland opened it up for 25-29 year olds first though, this day last week.

46 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

I only down vote when you make a stupid comment: muzzles, snowflake, workshy unions, etc.

You have down voted me for posts saying "Nobby Solano plays the trumpet" and "Billy Bragg should be on live at Worthy farm". You even went into the End of the road festival part of the forum to down vote me when I welcomed an EOTR newbie. So don't give me that crap about "cliques", when you're the worst.

Go ahead, down vote this - and your mate stupid malinas.

To be fair downvoting for words like muzzles snowflakes etc is what gives them power...  

If people stopped being triggered by them then they just become ironic. If I ever use those terms it is sarcasm/irony.

I cant speak to the other instances... the Bill Bragg one is debatable though haha 😉 

19 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Indian variant has landed in Australia. State of Victoria back into a week long lock down.

I recall a few months back some Australian guy bragging about Australia/New Zealand and that they got rid of Covid...

I pointed out that it was summer there and unless they vaccinate everyone very very quickly they have only delayed the inevitable. Once winter hits there they will straight back into lockdowns. Zero covid is impossible.

3 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

@StuMalinasit’s time to stop with the needless downvotes. Fair enough if you don’t agree with something you can show your disgust but downvoting someone for posting a newspaper front page that is very relevant to the topic in hand is nothing but trolling. 

Your actions are bringing a whole other batch of negativity to an already negative thread and it pisses people off. We know you’re not allowed to post but do you really think that constantly downvoting people is going to help your case when it comes to having your posting privileges reinstated? 

Also noticeable that, before I stuck them on ignore anyway, there are certain posters who only interact in a negative way and seem to have no interest in... festivals or Glastonbury. Just seem to stick to mainly here and the politics thread; not, for instance, the good news thread or the when will festivals be able to restart? one.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Homer said:

Also noticeable that, before I stuck them on ignore anyway, there are certain posters who only interact in a negative way and seem to have no interest in... festivals or Glastonbury. Just seem to stick to mainly here and the politics thread; not, for instance, the good news thread or the when will festivals be able to restart? one.

It's almost like there's a pandemic on the go and there isn't much to talk about regarding festivals at the moment...

Also, plenty of people post good news/ stuff positive for festivals in here.

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

When you consider the serious allegations made yesterday its nothing short of insulting to the families of people who have lost loved ones.  Its one thing to deny the allegations - its another thing to turn it into this shit show.  

It smells of desperation. And as you say its insulting... these old fossils defending him for the good of the party making jokes. They probably dont even like the little twat either. 

30 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

When you consider the serious allegations made yesterday its nothing short of insulting to the families of people who have lost loved ones.  Its one thing to deny the allegations - its another thing to turn it into this shit show.  

26 minutes ago, Havors said:

It smells of desperation. And as you say its insulting... these old fossils defending him for the good of the party making jokes. They probably dont even like the little twat either. 

We don't live in a democracy - if whatever they say is the truth what's the point? 

49 minutes ago, TheSheriff said:

So Hancock comes out and denies lying, only to straight away lie to the House 

The frustrating thing is rather than say he made a mistake they'll try to spin it and say he was referencing the figures for Greater Manchester.

59 minutes ago, TheSheriff said:

So Hancock comes out and denies lying, only to straight away lie to the House 

Wow haha!

So the rule about misleading parliament is whether or not its intentional.... If you are a complete fucking moron and have no idea what your talking about.... is it intentional? 😄 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Havors said:

Wow haha!

So the rule about misleading parliament is whether or not its intentional.... If you are a complete fucking moron and have no idea what your talking about.... is it intentional? 😄 

You’re still expected to come back to the House to correct the record though. 

16 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Even if they go back on the last step I think they might allow for further loosening next month as in more people allowed to gather outside but it does seem like they are less confident of the final step. 

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

Surely a paper will be running these guys’ quotes about how Cummings was only doing what any loyal father would do when he took his trip to the castle and how it compares to what they’re saying now?

5 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Loads of people I talk to don't follow all this as closely as us and think 21st June and we are back to normal...

There is going to be an almighty reaction if it doesn't happen I feel.

If they delay it they absolutely need a proper set of conditions for reopening, not another date. Whether that's a certain % of over 40s having both doses, a certain % of the population having one, below certain numbers in hospital with it or even "when the vaccine passports are properly ready", whatever is needed. But not a date and "we'll see what happens" because that could conceivably mean it never happens 

Edited by efcfanwirral

7 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I think we'll know by next weekend if the 21st will go ahead. 

It will go ahead in some form but I wonder if it's likely to happen with regional variations?

I don't think that's possible without putting the burden of proof of address on hospitality and stopping hotels taking bookings. Otherwise you just have people travelling between areas, making it pointless

18 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Loads of people I talk to don't follow all this as closely as us and think 21st June and we are back to normal...

There is going to be an almighty reaction if it doesn't happen I feel.

Which is why ultimately I think the date will go ahead. The govt will figure rhe NHS can handle any increase in hospitalisations 

17 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Even if they go back on the last step I think they might allow for further loosening next month as in more people allowed to gather outside but it does seem like they are less confident of the final step. 

It's a strange one for me as where we're currently at with the roadmap ticks all the boxes in terms of what I can / want to do.