When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

5 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Personally, it will mean one big thing - currently local swimming pools aren't doing "family fun swims", just boring lane swims and my young daughter has been pining for the pool since the first lockdown.

That's weird - they have nothing but family swim sessions at my gym at the weekend. I've obviously not been but assumed that was a non-lane fun swim thing.

9 hours ago, JoeyT said:

To quote my brother in law about the shambles that is our government:

If you started paying the PM £1m a year and cabinet members half that you’d soon see some serious talent from the private sector get more interested.

One thing is quite clear, you don't have to be intelligent (or bright) to be a politician. There are also not many high profile and important jobs where you don't even have to be qualified!

@StuMalinasit’s time to stop with the needless downvotes. Fair enough if you don’t agree with something you can show your disgust but downvoting someone for posting a newspaper front page that is very relevant to the topic in hand is nothing but trolling. 

Your actions are bringing a whole other batch of negativity to an already negative thread and it pisses people off. We know you’re not allowed to post but do you really think that constantly downvoting people is going to help your case when it comes to having your posting privileges reinstated? 

• Upvote 4

45 minutes ago, The Dawg said:

One thing is quite clear, you don't have to be intelligent (or bright) to be a politician. There are also not many high profile and important jobs where you don't even have to be qualified!

The same goes for many walks of life. Plenty of people rise on the coat tails of others and are protected by that very same coat. 

9 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

There are plenty in your little clique doing exactly the same thing now for a very long time to me, Bob and some of the others.   I don't think a day goes by I don't get a down vote from @kalifire or @Punksnotdead without explanation and others.  Not that i really care lol.  It's only a silly rep 😜

Have you wondered that it could be your own posting style that might be attracting the downvotes?

As for supposed cliques, there isn’t any. I’ve had downvotes too from the people you’ve tagged when I’ve said or done something controversial. You take responsibility for your actions and the way you post. 

I do find it very interesting that your account started posting again after a number of years of silence straight after the stumalinas account was banned from posting. 🤔

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

The Sun has omitted it completely from the front page...

They are too busy celebrating the sacking of the ‘woke’ National Trust manager and ripping into Prince Harry. They do have an opinion piece about how great Johnson is though: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/15080071/boris-johnson-will-dodge-dominic-cummings-bombs/

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

There very much is a clique lol.

So people that agree on things are a clique then ? Interesting stuff … so would you say you are part of one with with the posters you agree with then ? Or do you have a more accurate definition you wish to share ? 

11 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I think there are two cliques of very like minded people in this thread for sure.  It's not the first time it's been said - and by the other "team" first 😜

There's a clique? Can I join the clique please!! 

18 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

BBC News - Covid: Biden orders intelligence report on virus origin
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57260009

When Trump was pushing this they all called him crazy

Its always smelt so off to me the whole thing. Especially with lockdowns becoming a norm.

If it was 'leaked' I would suspect foul play from western goverments not China. 

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

There are plenty in your little clique doing exactly the same thing now for a very long time to me, Bob and some of the others.   I don't think a day goes by I don't get a down vote from @kalifire or @Punksnotdead without explanation and others.  Not that i really care lol.  It's only a silly rep 😜

I only down vote when you make a stupid comment: muzzles, snowflake, workshy unions, etc.

You have down voted me for posts saying "Nobby Solano plays the trumpet" and "Billy Bragg should be on live at Worthy farm". You even went into the End of the road festival part of the forum to down vote me when I welcomed an EOTR newbie. So don't give me that crap about "cliques", when you're the worst.

Go ahead, down vote this - and your mate stupid malinas.

• Upvote 4

So will the next stage be open to all adults or are we continuing with the age brackets ? We have already gone away from the ages in virus hotspots and some areas are also ahead of the curve … is it advantageous to open to every remaining adult ? Or will it just clog up the system ? 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

So will the next stage be open to all adults or are we continuing with the age brackets ? We have already gone away from the ages in virus hotspots and some areas are also ahead of the curve … is it advantageous to open to every remaining adult ? Or will it just clog up the system ? 

The system will run at capacity anyway so I think it makes sense - everyone is at the same level of risk now, however desperate they are for the vaccine 

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

The system will run at capacity anyway so I think it makes sense - everyone is at the same level of risk now, however desperate they are for the vaccine 

Yep, open for everyone else as of 1st June, gives the month to get jabs in arms and have offered everyone the opportunity of a vaccine in June

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

It kind of makes sense for some of the youngsters to be getting it so they influence their friends from an uptake point of view 

3 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Although Northern Ireland has opened up to all over 18s they are being warned slots will be released as and when there is a availability.  So its going to be a bun fight.

I think we should probably do the same.  There isn't much risk difference between a 29 year old and a 18 year old.

I think making people wait kind of has some advantages in uptake … like the Glastonbury ticket system … demand creates demand …