When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

We'll still have T&T and the RAG list for international travel.

Neither of those things are restrictions on social contact.

T&T will require self isolation apparently so that is. The RAG list is still a restriction but doesn't really form part of the roadmap so fair enough. 

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Testing stays as it. No 10 day quarantine fir contacts if you're double jabbed

So, with potentially a lot of people not having had their second vaccination until end August/beginning September and subsequent three week wait, that might affect quite a lot of things, especially if certification is needed and some events require them. 

11 minutes ago, Copperface said:

So, with potentially a lot of people not having had their second vaccination until end August/beginning September and subsequent three week wait, that might affect quite a lot of things, especially if certification is needed and some events require them. 

Testing option will be there for events until everyone has had two, which nicely ties into events moving from outdoor to indoor in October time, so that should take care of those

How that works with the potential for still spreading it after vaccination who knows - maybe more studies will say for sure

Edited by efcfanwirral

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

Testing option will be there for events until everyone has had two, which nicely ties into events moving from outdoor to indoor in October time, so that should take care of those

I actually reckon they'll always keep the testing option. They won't want to completely ostracise the anti-vaxxers. Of course by October, covid will likely be so low in the UK that we don't need to bother with certification.

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

Yeah, that seems logical. Basically looking at a graduated opening with restrictions/requirements remaining for those who have not been fully vaccinated then?

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

I'm at my mum's and we watched some of the Cummings thing. She thought it was boring as fuck, and I thought it was fascinating. She thinks it's all old news now, no point crying over spilt milk, what's done is done, what's the point of going over it all again, whereas I think it's extremely important that we know this stuff. I wonder which of us is more intune with the great british public.

your Mam for sure unfortunately

38 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I actually reckon they'll always keep the testing option. They won't want to completely ostracise the anti-vaxxers. Of course by October, covid will likely be so low in the UK that we don't need to bother with certification.

I wish I shared your optimism on the winter months. Based on things I've read about today's case rates I don't think the country is mentally ready to accept some deaths and hospitalisations this winter. Even JUST the 10% from the original numbers that it doesn't work on will be a decent number. My concern is we'll never get to the point where we see the final number is "ok", because we'll take severe action early when it starts to climb. 

I don't think we should, and I hope the government holds firm but with the inquiry coming up in spring I can't see them adding x thousand deaths over winter even if its just equivalent to a normal flu year. 

The best thing we can do in September when 2 doses are done is stop publishing the stats daily. Or even at all 

Edited by efcfanwirral

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I wish I shared your optimism on the winter months. Based on things I've read about today's case rates I don't think the country is mentally ready to accept some deaths and hospitalisations this winter. Even JUST the 10% from the original numbers that it doesn't work on will be a decent number. My concern is we'll never get to the point where we see the final number is "ok", because we'll take severe action early when it starts to climb. 

I don't think we should, and I hope the government holds firm but with the inquiry coming up in spring I can't see them adding x thousand deaths over winter even if its just equivalent to a normal flu year. 

The best thing we can do in September when 2 doses are done is stop publishing the stats daily. Or even at all 

Unsure about this, both in terms of very unlikely to happen with the vaccines but also when it’s been confirmed that Boris was willing to let the bodies pile high when we were in a MUCH worse situation than now?

To quote my brother in law about the shambles that is our government:

If you started paying the PM £1m a year and cabinet members half that you’d soon see some serious talent from the private sector get more interested.

28 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Matt Hancock didn’t watch all of Cummings testimony as he was busy ‘saving lives’.

He’s turning into a Little Britain character. 

9 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

If that ends up being the peak there, that's not too bad really, shows it can be got on top of even after reopening indoor stuff

The hospitals levels are still going up. I think you're probably right, but let's wait until hospitalisations start going down before declaring victory.

25 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

5%?

Just 5 per 100,000 per week. BTW I should have said "down again, this time by 5."

0_JSR_MEN_250521crona_01JPG.jpg

0_JSR_MEN_260521corona_01JPG.jpg

Edited by stuartbert two hats