When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, Barry Fish said:

To be fair though - that is exactly the worse thing you could look at to work if you have a problem.  

I was say another day with zero deaths (despite the relaxation of restrictions) is a success is it not? Considering where we were. And she is saying it’s ‘worrying’  because of less than 150 new cases than last week, despite surge testing? She’s only taking that figure to conclude it’s worrying too. 

4 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Made a mistake at looking at the comments on that one. Jesus. There is some concerning news out there, but this… ain’t it.

The levels of hysteria some people still have with surrounding Covid is very concerning isn’t it. It’s going to take a long time for some to accept this will become an endemic, and people need to carry on with their lives at some point. 

4 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Yeah but the concept at the moment is if we have a problem with a growing variant - deaths doesn't tell you if you okay now or in a months time.

But she said ‘things are looking worrying’ (her exact words). I was just stating that they really aren’t too concerning at the moment are they, and she’s choosing to ignore another day of 0 deaths - a few extra cases alone can’t decide if it’s worrying or not, just that the situation requires monitoring and caution and can still be contained. She’s trying to cause fear and panic yet again with her tweets - she knows exactly the game she’s playing using language like that (see comments). 

Edited by st dan

1 minute ago, st dan said:

The levels of hysteria some people still have with surrounding Covid is very concerning isn’t it. It’s going to take a long time for some to accept this will become an endemic, and people need to carry on with their lives at some point. 

It’s a mental health mindfuck all round, and whether that manifests itself in denial that the thing exists/isn’t a government ploy; or a flat percentage positivity being a reason for everyone to panic and push for zero Covid, we’ll be feeling it’s effects for years to come.

13 minutes ago, st dan said:

I was say another day with zero deaths (despite the relaxation of restrictions) is a success is it not? Considering where we were. And she is saying it’s ‘worrying’  because of less than 150 new cases than last week, despite surge testing? She’s only taking that figure to conclude it’s worrying too. 

Surge testing and positivity at 2%.

20-30 of them are in my kids Primary school, in fact thinking about it probably a lot more as they include LFT results and I know of 2 parents who got a positive LFT followed by negative PCR.

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

It's difficult to find an answer given the cabinet members are elected MPs themselves so without a complete overhaul of our political system to allow for qualified individuals to assume these positions we are going to be stuck in a cycle of the usual suspects...

Do they have to be? Genuine question because I don't know. Does anyone know the answer? Actually, aren't members of the Lords sometimes given cabinet positions? OK, so it would be very strange to bring in someone from outside to be, say Health Minister, but could it be done I wonder?

7 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Don't remember that to be honest ?   What number was it and what number did it become ?   

is 1100 a big jump ?  I would suggest a big jump is 5,000 / 10,000... if you are seeing doubling

If we had a jump of 5 or 10k then we really have something to worry about.

5 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Do they have to be? Genuine question because I don't know. Does anyone know the answer? Actually, aren't members of the Lords sometimes given cabinet positions? OK, so it would be very strange to bring in someone from outside to be, say Health Minister, but could it be done I wonder?

Yes that's true. only elected MPs or Lords can be in the Cabinet or appointed a minister. Didn't always used to be the case but has been for years.

5 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Yeah but that happens when this thing launches...  its what happened in Feb / March...  Its what happened in December...    and ultimately I think that is why Pagel is wrong.  We aren't seeing that.  We are seeing upticks.

The number were bloody 55k higher not 5k higher lol.

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

A bit of caution needed but if it stays at this rough level with modest increases we should be good to go

This was my thinking, give it till the end of next week and if we've not seen any huge surges we'll be fine. It doesn't seem like anything is changing though and if the hospitalizations and deaths stay low then that's more what matters at present 

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

A bit of caution needed but if it stays at this rough level with modest increases we should be good to go

This type of increases were to be expected, it shouldn’t be anything to worry about just yet. 

5 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

This will be the "speech saying how good the government response was" that he apparently wanted to do last week

They'll just say they did well, and many will believe them. Those that don't would never vote for them anyway. It's just a massive sham really 

Edited by efcfanwirral

10 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Most of the public probably won't care about any of this Cummings stuff, but they really should the dumb arse muthafuckas.

The bulk of the population don't watch the whole Parliament Live livestream, let alone read anything in hard copy in accurate detail, only about 10% have Twitter accounts and most of those are used to shout at pigeons and reinforce their own echo chambers. 

The only time it really comes to their notice is when the large press outlets start to turn on someone and that either has to be pretty big and they are riding the public mood or there is an agenda at work.

Edited by Copperface

1 minute ago, Copperface said:

The bulk of the population don't watch the whole Parliament Live livestream, let alone read anything in hard copy in accurate detail, only about 10% have Twitter accounts and most of those used to shout at pigeons and reinforce their own echo chambers. 

The only time it really comes to their notice is when the large press outlets start to turn on someone and that either has to be pretty big and they are riding the public mood or there is an agenda at work.

I guess it depends on what the headlines will be in the main papers?