When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Yup, totally agree. It's all very coordinated and feels very much like Cummings is pulling the strings here. Gove as PM by the summer with Sunak at his side.

Gove is not going to be PM... hes even more incompetent that Boris and Cummings plan in all this is to get rid of the incompetence I think. Sunak is more likely to take a run at it himself with cummings pulling the strings behind the scenes. 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Absolutely … this thread has always been a good source of info … without needing to lower to personal shit and the same stuff daily … and then moan that people have blocked it … i did post similar about the insults a few days back citing everyone … but for some it’s not quite sunk in yet 

You mention “everyone” re the personal insults but give kalifire a pat on the back while quoting a post calling someone a twat. 

Just now, BobWillis2 said:

You mention “everyone” re the personal insults but give kalifire a pat on the back while quoting a post calling someone a twat. 

Bob did you see my post a few pages back mentioning everyone ? 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

Bob did you see my post a few pages back mentioning everyone ? 

I did but as I said you’ve just given someone a pat on the back for a post that’s calling someone else a twat. Be consistent, either you want everyone to stop with the personal insults or you want “everyone” to stop insulting people you like. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

Yup, totally agree. It's all very coordinated and feels very much like Cummings is pulling the strings here. Gove as PM by the summer with Sunak at his side.

If gove took over do we think that'd change the roadmap to a more cautious one? It could even be that Cummings thinks if he can get rid of Johnson that maybe he can save the country from the next wave if he thinks we're rushing things....

1 minute ago, BobWillis2 said:

I did but as I said you’ve just given someone a pat on the back for a post that’s calling someone else a twat. Be consistent, either you want everyone to stop with the personal insults or you want “everyone” to stop insulting people you like. 

I think we all know the clique that exists within this thread get given free reign among each other to say as they please. Most of the insults dished out come from a certain stevieweive who has been borderline trolling this thread for a year and nothing is said about that🤔

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, BobWillis2 said:

Everyone … and I also quoted someone else at the time who I agree with on here on most posts … no prizes for insults from anyone … just discuss the topic in hand and disagree and agree at will 

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

If gove took over do we think that'd change the roadmap to a more cautious one? It could even be that Cummings thinks if he can get rid of Johnson that maybe he can save the country from the next wave if he thinks we're rushing things....

Hmm not sure. Feel like that would be an unpopular move for a new leader to push the reopning back. Although maybe it's something a new leader could do early on and have chance to rebound.

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

I think we all know the clique that exists within this thread get given free reign among each other to say as they please. Most of the insults dished out come from a certain stevieweive who has been borderline trolling this thread for a year and nothing is said about that🤔

I think you will find I quoted him at the time and asked the same of him … it just makes the forum much more pleasant to be reading …

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

I think you will find I quoted him at the time and asked the same of him … it just makes the forum much more pleasant to be reading …

Agreed. I would like it to be more pleasant and people should not shit on others because they have a different point of view.

I also think a good amount of people need a crash course in sarcasm... its often mistaken for attacking someone. 

In the grand scheme of the internet though this thread is about as civilized as its ever going to get haha! It's not really that bad. 

1 minute ago, Havors said:

Agreed. I would like it to be more pleasant and people should not shit on others because they have a different point of view.

I also think a good amount of people need a crash course in sarcasm... its often mistaken for attacking someone. 

In the grand scheme of the internet though this thread is about as civilized as its ever going to get haha! It's not really that bad. 

Ha ha well I don’t go far … although limited experience of twitter is not great … so I’m sure you are right … perhaps why I don’t fancy it dropping to those kind of standards 🙂 

Just now, Ozanne said:

So the PMs main advisor and the Cab Sec both said that the PM should sack his Health Sec as he’s constantly lying in meetings yet the PM does nothing, what does that say about the PM?

Indeed. They both need to resign... 

The only thing worse than incompetence is even more incompetence. 

Ha ha well I don’t go far … although limited experience of twitter is not great … so I’m sure you are right … perhaps why I don’t fancy it dropping to those kind of standards 🙂 

Oh twitter is a horrible horrible place!! I wish it wasnt such a good source of information. 😞 

1 minute ago, Havors said:

Oh twitter is a horrible horrible place!! I wish it wasnt such a good source of information. 😞 

Mind you on a positive there are some fantastic Glastonbury accounts on there … which are the ones I mostly follow 🙂 

Mind you on a positive there are some fantastic Glastonbury accounts on there … which are the ones I mostly follow 🙂 

yeah thats what i mean... you get brilliant accounts with loads of interesting content.... which somehow still manage to attract horrible nasty and very stupid people haha! 

Cant live with it, cant live without it ha

1 hour ago, ace56blaa said:

Well don't buy into the Sunak is okay shit. DC is clearly leaving out any attacks on Rishi and Give cause he believes they could take over. 

But Sunak did well with furlough at first. However he refused to fix glaring issues with that furlough. Let's not forget how he was just as deceitful in parliament and still pretends he "left no one behind" while simultaneously saying he couldn't save any job. Sunak is just as bad as the rest of them and complicit in their failings. Let's not fall into domcums trap

Cummings is attacking competence/process, not policy. Sunak is not a nice guy but his contributions to the pandemic stuff were competent and worked (furlough, etc.)

I agree it didn't go far enough, but I think that was by design, rather than incompetence.