When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Shapps being interviewed on BBC News. Not answering about Cummings and understandably preferring to focus on the vaccine rollout etc. This is how they’ll deal with the fallout.

He didn’t like being asked about the fierce defence of the Barnard Castle trip this time last year at all.

16 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Shapps being interviewed on BBC News. Not answering about Cummings and understandably preferring to focus on the vaccine rollout etc. This is how they’ll deal with the fallout.

He didn’t like being asked about the fierce defence of the Barnard Castle trip this time last year at all.

They’ll definitely try that, it’ll probably work unless there’s something really big from Cummings and/or proof of other allegations. 

52 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

This is very interesting to think about, could Aussies be becoming complacent almost because of their shut borders approach or is it more the vaccine hesitancy we've heard about before? 

I think it’s because they have been so far detached from the devastation this has caused (only 30,046 cases and 910 deaths since the pandemic began) that they haven’t really seen the impact this virus can cause first hand, so a lot of them are probably thinking why should I bother with a vaccine when I’m fine and my life is currently pretty much unaffected- probably not helped with the clotting concerns too etc. 
I think if the on/off lockdowns due to a tiny cluster of cases persist in the months to come, then there may be a push with their vaccination rollout, as that can’t go on indefinitely. 

26 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Dom is still tweeting this morning (“who do we not save?”)

It is the year 4.6 Billion AD.  The sun is in the process of expanding beyond the orbit of Mars in a sequence of expansion and contraction before it uses up the last of its nuclear fusion fuel before supernova and going dark forever as entropy envelops the universe in a cold, endless night.

Dominic Cummings is still tweeting.

11 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Surely Cummings was on a none disclosure agreement ?  This is crazy he can just leak this images.  UK Gov HR department needs a kick up its arse 🙂 

We know how competent this government are.... 😄 

5 minutes ago, st dan said:

‘Who do we not save?’ was genuinely a topic of discussion (centre middle of the board). That is scandalous. 

It has to be though. It’s not nice but there has to be a plan in case we can’t save everyone. Bodies like the NHS and the military make decisions like this all the time.

2 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

It has to be though. It’s not nice but there has to be a plan in case we can’t save everyone. Bodies like the NHS and the military make decisions like this all the time.

It’s more the callousness of the wording that doesn’t sit right with me. 
I get your point, but it could have been written as ‘who can we no longer prioritise?’ for example. I guess there wasn’t necessarily an intention to be so crass when they were brainstorming on this, but it’s not nice to see it written out in such terms, especially if you have loved ones in this category who sadly passed away, as if their life was not deemed as important. 

55 minutes ago, st dan said:

It’s more the callousness of the wording that doesn’t sit right with me. 
I get your point, but it could have been written as ‘who can we no longer prioritise?’ for example. I guess there wasn’t necessarily an intention to be so crass when they were brainstorming on this, but it’s not nice to see it written out in such terms, especially if you have loved ones in this category who sadly passed away, as if their life was not deemed as important. 

It could but remember this wasn’t for public consumption, they’re brainstorming in a pretty fevered atmosphere. I’m less worried about any wording than the actions taken.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It is the year 4.6 Billion AD.  The sun is in the process of expanding beyond the orbit of Mars in a sequence of expansion and contraction before it uses up the last of its nuclear fusion fuel before supernova and going dark forever as entropy envelops the universe in a cold, endless night.

Dominic Cummings is still tweeting.

For the last 100 years all they’ve said is ‘the Civil Service are arseholes the Civil Service are arseholes the Civil Service are arseholes’

29 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Blimey, Cummings isn't pulling any punches, is he?

It’s exactly as some of us on here predicted. An attempt to exonerate himself and Johnson and put all the blame on the Civil Service.

I wonder if he’ll cover what happened/didn’t happen in December when bad advice was much less of an excuse.

3 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

This is like a small peek at the forthcoming public enquiry which will destroy careers and see potential criminal proceedings. 

Whereas these exact same people will continue on with their emergency powers throughout the whole, perhaps bumpy, winter to at least March next year.