When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

9 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Cheers for the recommendation! It's not one I've ever been to so might look into it. 

(Off topic but it's the comedy club I go to the most regardless of Covid. Worth going when they have a special guest on. I've seen Jack Whitehall, Sean Walsh and Reg Hunter there before.)

4 minutes ago, Homer said:

(Off topic but it's the comedy club I go to the most regardless of Covid. Worth going when they have a special guest on. I've seen Jack Whitehall, Sean Walsh and Reg Hunter there before.)

I don't know why (maybe the location) but I'd always had the impression it was a bit touristy and not likely to get big names, but it does sound worth a punt.

3 minutes ago, Homer said:

Ooh, when did this kick off, yesterday? Anything juicy? I've not seen the news since yesterday morning.

Thread started on 17th May...don't really understand a lot of it...lots of acronyms and clever cummings stuff....Basically they fucked up and should have just had him and his megamind running everything.

43 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Yup

This touches on the problems with the endless hysteria I-Sage/Haque/Sridhar  are trying to generate.

1) The current Government are hideous and have got plenty wrong. However when you try and twist *absolutely everything* into an anti-Government angle, that diminishes the effect-and criticism of-their actual mistakes. It actually helps them get away with it because their genuine moments of idiocy-and malevolence-get lost in the noise.

2) I’ve said it before but there is a ‘Boy Who Cried Wolf’ effect to every Variant scare. Each time one gets pushed as a reason to Lockdown or Cancel the Roadmap and then doesn’t turn out to be as bad as predicted, people stop listening. Caution and due diligence are one thing, of course butt the risk of overreacting is that one of these times there may be a genuinely frightening variant but nobody will be paying attention.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Thread started on 17th May...don't really understand a lot of it...lots of acronyms and clever cummings stuff....Basically they fucked up and should have just had him and his megamind running everything.

Boris useless, Hancock useless, whitehall useless, behavioural scientists useless, SAGE useless...everyone, except Dom.

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

There’s some really juicy stuff in there and I’m hoping he takes Johnson down with a mic drop moment.

However a lot of it is in essence his usual stuff. ‘I was right, it isn’t all Johnson’s fault, it’s all the fault of the Civil Service/Bureaucracy, let’s tear down all our existing structures and replaces it with something new that me and my mates will design.’ Also let’s not forget he’s a bullshitter, the man who went to Barnard Castle. 

Edited by MEGABOWL

Scary how many people on various platforms have taken that the vaccines don't work on the variant. They appear to have been sold "never getting ill" not "avoiding hospital" as the reason for these vaccines. Hopefully they don't grow in numbers or get too much influence 

6 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Scary how many people on various platforms have taken that the vaccines don't work on the variant. They appear to have been sold "never getting ill" not "avoiding hospital" as the reason for these vaccines. Hopefully they don't grow in numbers or get too much influence 

Read the responses to Pagel’s latest tweet. People are going to be so terrified.

24 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

This touches on the problems with the endless hysteria I-Sage/Haque/Sridhar  are trying to generate.

1) The current Government are hideous and have got plenty wrong. However when you try and twist *absolutely everything* into an anti-Government angle, that diminishes the effect-and criticism of-their actual mistakes. It actually helps them get away with it because their genuine moments of idiocy-and malevolence-get lost in the noise.

2) I’ve said it before but there is a ‘Boy Who Cried Wolf’ effect to every Variant scare. Each time one gets pushed as a reason to Lockdown or Cancel the Roadmap and then doesn’t turn out to be as bad as predicted, people stop listening. Caution and due diligence are one thing, of course butt the risk of overreacting is that one of these times there may be a genuinely frightening variant but nobody will be paying attention.

3. They are undermining reap SAGE because of inter-scientist general bickering. I remember the video they sent a month ago putting words into Whittys mouth and locking him.

What these fear mongering fake SAGE scumbags fail to even acknowledge is that the virtually all of the vulnerable and over 50’s have had their second doses now (not counting anti vaxxers who know the risk they are taking) 
So banging on about single doses not being effective enough is frankly irrelevant, because those who need the protection the most have got it. 
Shut up and let us get on with life now. 

• Upvote 2