When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Havors said:

haha oh come on, there was definitely undertones there surely!? 😄😄😉 

Nope … this thread is usefull for finding out info … I’ve several friends suffering … wether it be from long covid or just post viral stuff … I’d say it’s an issue given the place they are in and many others quite a while after having covid … not quite sure why I’d need undertones ? 

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

As if the future monarch has waited all this time for the jab 🙂  Got to love a bit of national bullshitting 😄 

Him having to pull that entire long sleeve (and the short one underneath) all the way up is creasing me.

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Nope … this thread is usefull for finding out info … I’ve several friends suffering … wether it be from long covid or just post viral stuff … I’d say it’s an issue given the place they are in and many others quite a while after having covid … not quite sure why I’d need undertones ? 

This thread is also full of condescension. Apologies if I sensed some undertones there. 🙂 

4 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Whether long covid exists or not (Debateable but I tend to think it's the domain of hypochondriacs) we can surely all agree that at the very least, lockdown restrictions aimed at reducing long covid are unnecessary and disproportionate.

100% - as new and scary as it sounds, we've lived with the danger of catching something and that sort of thing happening every time we've stepped out the door our whole lives 

There are an estimated 50.000 undiagnosed cancer cases out there, and the repercussions from that alone will go on for years. 

It's horrendous how people have been sacrificed on the altar of Covid. Individual NHS staff have been wonderful, but I think the decision making from the top has often been shambolic and misguided.

I hope that when an enquiry does come along, it examines the bigger picture and doesn't just allow the NHS as a whole to be elevated to Sainthood. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

There are an estimated 50.000 undiagnosed cancer cases out there, and the repercussions from that alone will go on for years. 

It's horrendous how people have been sacrificed on the altar of Covid. Individual NHS staff have been wonderful, but I think the decision making from the top has often been shambolic and misguided.

I hope that when an enquiry does come along, it examines the bigger picture and doesn't just allow the NHS as a whole to be elevated to Sainthood. 

Why do you think it’s the NHS’ fault as an institution rather than anything else such as the government under funding the organisation for years to not allow an insurance for a pandemic?

• Upvote 2

Long COVID sounds horrible and I hope that anyone suffering from it can get the treatment they need so they can hopefully recover. From what I read, it’s a very real and horrible condition. Key workers suffering from Long COVID should also get compensation considering all they have done through the pandemic and that they are now suffering too. 

5 minutes ago, JB15 said:

Why do you think it’s the NHS’ fault as an institution rather than anything else such as the government under funding the organisation for years to not allow an insurance for a pandemic?

Agreed. The decisions are on the government, the NHS just does as its told. I think the premise of what he was getting at is fair though. 

17 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

The NHS management completely overhauled almost every hospital in the country, to create Covid wards in any available space they could. They did an amazing job with that. Also, when we are at the peak of each wave, staff members were ringing in with either symptoms or needing to isolate on a daily basis. It was a complete crisis having to contingency plan on an almost hourly basis. Absolutely no blame should be attached to any of them - their main focus has always been protecting as many lives as possible. 

It’s also a myth that people with cancer symptoms have been left to suffer silently. Throughout the pandemic if you suspected anything unusual or had specific symptoms, then you would have been seen and referred if appropriate. I think individuals have sadly taken it upon themselves to not contact their GP until it’s too late, maybe thinking they didn’t want to ‘bother’ them, but that isn’t the fault of the NHS. 

7 minutes ago, Havors said:

Agreed. The decisions are on the government, the NHS just does as its told. I think the premise of what he was getting at is fair though. 

Yep. 

This was a global pandemic which hadn’t happened for 100 years, in europe at least. The whole point of insurance for your home is that you will probably spend more on premiums than you will receive in claims, but when you have to claim, it’s completely worth it. This is why the lack of expenditure on PPE was arrogant and short sighted in the run up to this pandemic, and the lack of capacity in the NHS is so dangerous. (I may be in the minority, but I think everyone should be paying more tax to allow for this)

I know Fuzzy wan£s himself silly about the “world class vaccine roll out” and there is no denying the government have done an outstanding job here.

This doesn’t take away from the dithering decision making at every other stage. Our “leader” waits to see which way the wind is blowing and then makes a decision, rather than fast, proactive decision making that would have saved the economy billions and saved thousands of lives. If we had locked down harsher and faster in March 2020 and hadn’t tried to pretend Christmas could go ahead, we’d been in a much better position. But he couldn’t. And I think he has failed us as a leader. 

(off soapbox now)

26 minutes ago, JB15 said:

9 minutes ago, st dan said:

The NHS management completely overhauled almost every hospital in the country, to create Covid wards in any available space they could. They did an amazing job with that. Also, when we are at the peak of each wave, staff members were ringing in with either symptoms or needing to isolate on a daily basis. It was a complete crisis having to contingency plan on an almost hourly basis. Absolutely no blame should be attached to any of them - their main focus has always been protecting as many lives as possible. 

It’s also a myth that people with cancer symptoms have been left to suffer silently. Throughout the pandemic if you suspected anything unusual or had specific symptoms, then you would have been seen and referred if appropriate. I think individuals have sadly taken it upon themselves to not contact their GP until it’s too late, maybe thinking they didn’t want to ‘bother’ them, but that isn’t the fault of the NHS. 

My main issue is the utter refusal to use the nightingales and prioritisation of covid patients over those with other illnesses meaning that we chose short term gain over long term.

Could have gone ahead and moved covid patients into the nightingales and not had to stop cancer operations etc. This would lead to less deaths from cancer over the next few years. 

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

My main issue is the utter refusal to use the nightingales and prioritisation of covid patients over those with other illnesses meaning that we chose short term gain over long term.

Could have gone ahead and moved covid patients into the nightingales and not had to stop cancer operations etc. This would lead to less deaths from cancer over the next few years. 

That’s fair and I do think you’re right that they should have been utilised much more effectively, but I don’t think this would have been a decision for NHS management to make alone. And the main issue with them not going ahead with it was due to lack of equipment and staff to man the Nightingales, and that ultimately lies with the government for years of cuts or stagnation to the health service. 

5 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

You do realise the nightingales were a vanity project and without the people to staff them ? 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Where would the nightingale Doctors and Nurses have come from?

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

You do realise the nightingales were a vanity project and without the people to staff them ? 

Just now, northernringo said:

Where would the nightingale Doctors and Nurses have come from?

The army. And yes I understand this would have reduced the quality of care available. But it’s better than nothing. 

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Whether long covid exists or not (Debateable but I tend to think it's the domain of hypochondriacs) we can surely all agree that at the very least, lockdown restrictions aimed at reducing long covid are unnecessary and disproportionate.

What a stupid baseless claim.

Seriously, if posters on here are spreading misinformation like "long covid isn't real, people are just hypochondriacs" after there is so much evidence of contrary, this long into the pandemic. Like seriously @Fuzzy Afro , this shit is so dangerous. Normally on social media sites, you can be banned for spreading such blatant misinformation.

• Upvote 1