When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

39 minutes ago, km9 said:

I've just downloaded the NHS app. Seems like it doesn't show that you've had your jabs if you had them as part of a trial.

No, it doesn’t. Saw something saying that they are working on getting something sorted.

Be so unfair if we end up not being counted as vaccinated if these things are ever required to gain entry to places.

1 hour ago, MEGABOWL said:

Lead story on the Guardian? ‘India variant will be dominant UK Covid strain ‘in next few days’’

Based on? Pagels analysis. The circle of shite is complete....

I don’t get why it’s so important what the dominant strain is if cases are steady, and deaths and hospitalisations are falling.

10 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Looks like the front pages are full of more concerns over the new variant. Apart from the Mail, which blames vaccine sceptics.

That Mail headline is atrocious at this point. Fair enough if we get to mid June and the reason given is not enough takeup, fine. But at least wait til we get to that point before divide and conquer and shaming. Hancock mentioning those few in hospital in Bolton seems to have clumsily kicked off a narrative that June 21st is in doubt because of anti vaxxers when it clearly is because of the variant. The cases are still mainly in younger people in Bolton below eligible age. There is currently no talk of Bolton hospital being in trouble 

ESPECIALLY when we're currently talking about areas with actual minorities - it's inciting racial tensions. Not that we should be surprised - they know what they're doing and the Mail is more than happy to help. 

They're prematurely turning people against each other to cover up their own mess up in letting the variant in. It's disgraceful. 

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

Just get yourself double jabbed...

Might come to that! But I’d rather stay on the trial until it’s finished. I know I’ve definitely been vaccinated as we got another two jabs recently.

5 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

That Mail headline is atrocious at this point. Fair enough if we get to mid June and the reason given is not enough takeup, fine. But at least wait til we get to that point before divide and conquer and shaming. Hancock mentioning those few in hospital in Bolton seems to have clumsily kicked off a narrative that June 21st is in doubt because of anti vaxxers when it clearly is because of the variant. The cases are still mainly in younger people in Bolton below eligible age. There is currently no talk of Bolton hospital being in trouble 

ESPECIALLY when we're currently talking about areas with actual minorities - it's inciting racial tensions. Not that we should be surprised - they know what they're doing and the Mail is more than happy to help. 

They're prematurely turning people against each other to cover up their own mess up in letting the variant in. It's disgraceful. 

Terrible headline, but tbf the guardian one is terrible on the side of things.

Just now, duke88 said:

Novovax

Sounds like we aren't too far off approval, and I'd be surprised if full on vaccine proof is required for things in the next few months before everyone can have two. You might just have to take advantage of the test option for any events. 

Depends if you're planning a holiday in the next few months really 

3 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

This Indian variant is all over the EU and the USA.  Only use losing our heads.

This feels like media / political bollocks day by day.

The headlines are talking about a ‘surge’ caused by the variant. Seven-day average of cases is up by 1%. Not much of a surge! 

Just now, Barry Fish said:

cool - hopefully it will get approval soon - when its due to finish ?

Yeah, hopefully! We’re enrolled until November, think it’s just so they can test us to see how antibody levels are maintained going forward.

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Sounds like we aren't too far off approval, and I'd be surprised if full on vaccine proof is required for things in the next few months before everyone can have two. You might just have to take advantage of the test option for any events. 

Depends if you're planning a holiday in the next few months really 

I’m not planning a holiday, so think I’ll be ok. 
Keep getting texts and letters telling me to book my vaccine as well, worried my GP will think I’m an anti-vaxxer!

16 minutes ago, duke88 said:

I’m not planning a holiday, so think I’ll be ok. 
Keep getting texts and letters telling me to book my vaccine as well, worried my GP will think I’m an anti-vaxxer!

Haha they'll understand- to be fair that's probably better for them than the potential consequences of perhaps giving you vaccines 3 and 4 within a few months! 

3 hours ago, km9 said:

I've just downloaded the NHS app. Seems like it doesn't show that you've had your jabs if you had them as part of a trial.

Same here, also J&J. 

I figured I'd give them until 21st June and if they haven't got their act together/it still isn't approved then I'll just book on for a double dose of Pfizer/Moderna for July after everyone's had a 1st dose.

That'll be 4 months since the 2nd dose so should be absolutely fine to go again.... probably

7 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Graphs that show the narrative of blaming unvaccinated people at this stage is wrong - over half that group in the red line haven't had the chance 

I was just going to post that, Ed Conway does some really good work with these Twitter threads. The governments story on India going on the red list is very strange and full of holes. 

On the media and it’s role during the pandemic I can’t help but feel things like this although teasing “good news” isn’t good for those suffering mentally. Seems a bit weird? Why not share good news in amongst a whole heap of shite straightaway?

5 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

On the media and it’s role during the pandemic I can’t help but feel things like this although teasing “good news” isn’t good for those suffering mentally. Seems a bit weird? Why not share good news in amongst a whole heap of shite straightaway?

Yes. Thing is it's not an announcement for excitement. It's as you say could fasley get hope's up with people not coping.