When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Two friends both in hospital with clotting, one on lungs, one in leg. Both had AZ (one 9 weeks ago, one 10) I had AZ too but thankfully no reaction like that. They’ve told them it was all caught early enough and will be treatable. Can understand why they are being cautious. 

1 minute ago, Sack truck said:

Two friends both in hospital with clotting, one on lungs, one in leg. Both had AZ (one 9 weeks ago, one 10) I had AZ too but thankfully no reaction like that. They’ve told them it was all caught early enough and will be treatable. Can understand why they are being cautious. 

Lucky loungs is often fatal.

5 minutes ago, Sack truck said:

Sounds pretty worrying mate, I hope they pull through. 

Cheers. Caught it early in both cases by looks of it which they said was main thing.

Only side affect I’ve noticed is really itchy skin at times, that could be nothing to do with jab though. It’s like prickly heat but moves around different parts of body, I’ve never had it before & haven’t changed washing powder / deodorant etc. In process of eating healthy in case it’s diet but does seem weird- I’ve not seen anywhere mention it but it does screw with your head a bit. Incidents like this just give you a bit of panic too. 

1 hour ago, Havors said:

Quite possibly.... that will be the pretext to forever keep the powers... 

They should not be given the extension but there is nobody to stop them. There will be a respiratory season every year and covid is never going away, should they retain the powers forever? 

I'm sure that's their dream scenario! 

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

Talking of pubs, what are the rules surrounding music volume & live music both currently and as of May 17th?

Am I right in thinking music can't be played too loud and live music isn't allowed yet or am I thinking back to summer of last year and the rules have now in fact changed?

Haven't seen anything around that yet. I know there are some outdoor acoustic type acts advertised in some places so I'd assume they're allowed outdoors?

3 minutes ago, Sack truck said:

Cheers. Caught it early in both cases by looks of it which they said was main thing.

Only side affect I’ve noticed is really itchy skin at times, that could be nothing to do with jab though. It’s like prickly heat but moves around different parts of body, I’ve never had it before & haven’t changed washing powder / deodorant etc. In process of eating healthy in case it’s diet but does seem weird- I’ve not seen anywhere mention it but it does screw with your head a bit. Incidents like this just give you a bit of panic too. 

Did their docs think it was related to the jab? I thought the rare issues were less "typical" clotting incidents so maybe they're just unlucky in timing? 

Edited by efcfanwirral

Not had long chats with them, both asked (separately as different friend groups) who in the chat had the AZ vaccine as in their heads that’s the cause - I’m guessing they will be looking into any correlations. It did seem a while after they got vaccinated as any articles seem to suggest symptoms a few days up to a couple of weeks after  (I started delving online after hearing which is never good for any illness etc!). Not looking to scare anyone, just sharing info in case others know of people. Probably a statistical anomaly 

Just now, Sack truck said:

Not had long chats with them, both asked (separately as different friend groups) who in the chat had the AZ vaccine as in their heads that’s the cause - I’m guessing they will be looking into any correlations. It did seem a while after they got vaccinated as any articles seem to suggest symptoms a few days up to a couple of weeks after  (I started delving online after hearing which is never good for any illness etc!). Not looking to scare anyone, just sharing info in case others know of people. Probably a statistical anomaly 

Yeah it sounds like first couple of weeks are the time it happens, and it sounds like the symptoms for what's in the news anyway is different from your more regular blood clots like they have (which is good for them as its not an ultra rare thing!) 

Just now, Sack truck said:

Hope they come out of it ok - they’re in the best hands and caught it early at least! How old are they both, out of interest, if you don’t mind me asking?

6 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Yeah it sounds like first couple of weeks are the time it happens, and it sounds like the symptoms for what's in the news anyway is different from your more regular blood clots like they have (which is good for them as its not an ultra rare thing!) 

Documentation I was given said between 4 days and 4 weeks. As I understand it knowing what to look out for and getting prompt treatment will stop the majority of fatal cases. Still gonna have a little background anxiety for the rest of the month though!

1 hour ago, st dan said:

Hope they come out of it ok - they’re in the best hands and caught it early at least! How old are they both, out of interest, if you don’t mind me asking?

One is 49 , the guy with the lungs is late thirties (he is  a carer so got it early) 

1 hour ago, Mimo said:

Documentation I was given said between 4 days and 4 weeks. As I understand it knowing what to look out for and getting prompt treatment will stop the majority of fatal cases. Still gonna have a little background anxiety for the rest of the month though!

Yeah I had a feeling in pit of my stomach after - Sorry don't want to panic anyone, just seemed a bit strange and thought best in public domain in case anyone else gets symptoms to go and get checked quickly

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

My partner's brother and partner (in the 30-35 range) both got called up for theirs today. Ahead of my partner, who is older! They are in Rochdale.

That’s good, we’ll not for your partner but generally speaking. I’m 35 so waiting for my turn down here. 

29 minutes ago, Sack truck said:

Yeah I had a feeling in pit of my stomach after - Sorry don't want to panic anyone, just seemed a bit strange and thought best in public domain in case anyone else gets symptoms to go and get checked quickly

Nah that’s ok! Your post didn’t make me any more anxious about it. Your point there is definitely correct, everyone should know what to look out for. Only a few weeks to worry about it a bit, and then much less to worry about all round after that!

Also out of all the people I know not a single one has mentioned anyone they know having had a clot. It’s just an unlucky coincidence for you!

Edited by Mimo
  • Like 1