When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

9 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Just call them masks. It’s a nice inoffensive term for them. 

I suspect they use the term because they intend to be offensive or at least 'controversial' to get attention.

Which works evidently. Damn! 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It’s gonna be so weird in a few years time going through my draws and seeing at the back my face masks then thinking about this whole period. 

25 years from now the will be huge interest in historic Covid related artifacts. Face-masks and Covid tests will be valued at many ££££ on Antiques Roadshow (or maybe selling for £1 on Flog-It). 

INVEST NOW.... 

3 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

25 years from now the will be huge interest in historic Covid related artifacts. Face-masks and Covid tests will be valued at many ££££ on Antiques Roadshow (or maybe selling for £1 on Flog-It). 

INVEST NOW.... 

There was a museum in London (I think) that was asking for collections from lockdown 1 last year for an exhibition, people are already thinking about it 😆

40 minutes ago, duke88 said:

One of my friends was turned down for the vaccine trial I'm on because she wasn't on contraception. They can't include women on trials if there is a chance they might get pregnant - I don't think it's because they don't care how they affect women!

That might be the case with the covid vaccine trials, but unfortunately hasn't always been so.

"For decades, women were often excluded from clinical drug trials.

This was based in part on the unsubstantiated belief that fluctuations in female hormones would make women difficult to study"

From this article: https://www.healthline.com/health-news/we-dont-have-enough-women-in-clinical-trials-why-thats-a-problem

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

If it comes down to personal responsibility what happens when you are in a shop and some mask knobs wants people to wear them and some anti masker doesn't...

Could get spicy  🙂

That's one of my concerns for when my place reopens. Managing the different expectations of guests when it comes to risk/safety. Although there is an argument that if you are that worried then maybe a large, very busy youth hostel in the busiest National Park in the country during a time when everyone is holidaying in the UK isn't for you. And I've generally been more at the cautious end if the scale. 

Just now, Barry Fish said:

In the end I think the vast majority of the UK will snap back to normal straight away in regards to masks In shops if allowed.   I don't really buy into this idea any of this is permanent 

It cant be if they remove the legal requirements. If its just guidance then you don't actually have to wear it or social distance. The Governments "temporary" powers should be removed come October also.... should being the operative word. 

7 minutes ago, Havors said:

It cant be if they remove the legal requirements. If its just guidance then you don't actually have to wear it or social distance. The Governments "temporary" powers should be removed come October also.... should being the operative word. 

Haven’t we had a few warnings that there may be some restrictions over the winter months? Imagine it will be like from next week if vaccines etc stay like this.

15 hours ago, jparx said:

This sounds a lot less optimistic for June https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-majority-of-coronavirus-restrictions-set-to-be-lifted-in-june-but-some-could-remain-in-place-12302815

“restrictions to be lifted but some may remain” then proceeds to list loads of really significant restrictions. Feeling less optimistic now we’ll be having festivals and the like in July. Maybe later in the summer, but I’ll be surprised if they happen right away. Govt were very clumsy with their messaging on the final phase I think.

This should always have been taken under consideration. Until the announcement officially then anything after April 12th was and wait to be seen

14 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Back to normal in Israel.

It's getting back to normal everywhere no one wants to go.

Note it is already normal is places we do but aren't allowed.

11 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Fuck them. It's all about Pfizer tbh. AstraZeneca with a valiant effort, but the blood clots will be their undoing along with J&J. Moderna with a fantastic vaccine but nowhere near enough capacity. Pfizer have truly emerged as the winners of the vaccine arms race.

Pfizer-BioNTech ❤️ 

I've got my invite but I'm holding just for now as I've pulled a back muscle and don't want the pain from that and then to feel shit from Pfizer as friends if mine have.

54 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

I suspect they use the term because they intend to be offensive or at least 'controversial' to get attention.

Which works evidently. Damn! 

"Psychological studies show trolls tend to be male, show higher levels of psychopathy traits — low levels of empathy, guilt and responsibility for their actions — and higher levels of sadism traits, the enjoyment of causing others physical and psychological pain.

Trolls are also motivated by what psychologists call "atypical social rewards".

Generally, people are motivated by creating a positive social environment."

Hancock confirms NHS app will be used to prove vaccine status for international travel

Holidaymakers who have had both doses of a coronavirus vaccine will be able to “prove” their status to other countries, UK health secretary Matt Hancock has said. He confirmed that people in England who travel abroad will be able to use the NHS app to demonstrate they are fully vaccinated when the ban on overseas leisure travel is lifted on Monday.

Mr Hancock said the use of so-called vaccine passports is “different to the question of whether we require people to be certified as Covid-secure before doing things domestically”.

He added: “The focus for the time being on this certification question, is making sure that people can travel internationally and show that they’ve had the jab if that’s what another country requires.”

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

If it comes down to personal responsibility what happens when you are in a shop and some mask knobs wants people to wear them and some anti masker doesn't...

Could get spicy  🙂

I think it'll be the other way round once it becomes guidance, people being abused/confronted for wearing them. Imagine someone on the Metrolink wearing a mask and coming across a group of teenagers getting off at the same stop... i think that sort of thing will accelerate nobody using them

8 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I think it'll be the other way round once it becomes guidance, people being abused/confronted for wearing them. Imagine someone on the Metrolink wearing a mask and coming across a group of teenagers getting off at the same stop... i think that sort of thing will accelerate nobody using them

A few weeks ago I got shouted at for wearing a mask on the street. What the prick didn't realise was I had just got off the bus and was walking the 200 yards to Tesco, so it would have been more hassle to take it off & put it back on again!

• Downvote 1

16 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

She’s still going:

I mean she's saying people can't be trusted to "use judgement" with hugging and people on this thread are asking "so I can hug everyone in the pub?"

15 hours ago, st dan said:

Yep - just look at some of the people commenting on her Twitter posts, filled with worry and fear of the reopening and return to normal. It’s not nice to see people so concerned to that extent, and its as if she is leading an army of the afraid.  
When it really should all be about cautious optimism at this stage, and looking forward to the future after how far we have all come following a truly terrible 14/15 months. 

I think there's a balance. If people think the outlook is too good, they'll start not following the existing rules also. There's actually a use to having different opinions out there in this case. Even if those opinions aren't even true! 

4 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Janny would rather downvote you than answer the question 🙂 

I just can't be arsed because you've had it explained multiple times throughout this thread. It's boring to read, unfunny, and doesn't need to be posted (alternated with "muzzle" or some other sneery variation) literally every single page for the past six months.

This thread is circling the fucking drain at this point and I can't wait until the day I see a lock next to it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Why do you call anyone with a difference of an opinion a troll ? 🙂   

Does it make living in a echo chamber easier ? 

I mean I think a lot of the view points here are stupid and I disagree with them but other than @steviewevieI don't think anyone is really trolling lol.

"Trolling (v); a method of fishing where one or more fishing lines, baited with lures or bait fish, are drawn through the water."

I mean, your screen name is even Barry Fish FFS.

(Nerdy PS: this is exactly what trolling used to mean in the olden internet days. Throwing out bait to attract responses and generate argument. One can engage in a bit of trolling without entirely lacking good faith, some people just like to argue.

It's now become more associated with genuinely abusive behaviour online that causes a great deal of harm. Not really the same thing.)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jannybruck said:

I just can't be arsed because you've had it explained multiple times throughout this thread. It's boring to read, unfunny, and doesn't need to be posted (alternated with "muzzle" or some other sneery variation) literally every single page for the past six months.

This thread is circling the fucking drain at this point and I can't wait until the day I see a lock next to it.

Have you tried just not fucking reading it? 

Just now, DeanoL said:

I think there's a balance. If people think the outlook is too good, they'll start not following the existing rules also. There's actually a use to having different opinions out there in this case. Even if those opinions aren't even true! 

That’s true, I just took a disliking towards her wording ‘It’s not looking good at all.’ - 30 mins after the PM has said we are ok to proceed with the next step of the roadmap. She knew exactly what she was doing, and quite simply she is wrong to state that. Yes we should keep a watching eye over the Indian variant at this stage, but nothing more. We’ve not been asked by the government to do so.

I do honestly think she’s putting herself out there for TV interviews etc to build her profile for personal gain, as hopefully this will all be over soon and she will no longer be in spotlight.