When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

15 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Step 4 restrictions lifted apart from for weddings? Anyone else thinking Bojo's got cold feet?

Wonder why large events would be ok but not weddings. Could be concerned about a mixture of generations maybe? But then if social restrictions are off anyway what difference would it make. There's such a huge backlog of weddings too, people must be going spare.

2 minutes ago, Mimo said:

Wonder why large events would be ok but not weddings. Could be concerned about a mixture of generations maybe? But then if social restrictions are off anyway what difference would it make. There's such a huge backlog of weddings too, people must be going spare.

its the issues where the vicar says you cant now kiss the bride .... 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Mimo said:

The trouble with Pagel I think is the political edge to her twitter, seemingly not trusting that anything is being done and almost suggesting that no one in charge knows or cares what's going on. 

Chris Whitty was reassuring about it earlier I thought, clearly PHE are all over it and working to contain it. Hopefully that works out. Maybe there'll be local lockdowns again. Worst case scenario unlocking is delayed to allow everyone to be vaccinated. I'm sure that Whitty would not be recommending that it's ok to unlock further next week if he didn't think we could get a handle on it one way or another.

I have a feeling that this new variant will seal the deal on secondary

I completely agree, her and others who comment seem to be refusing to acknowledge the huge progress that's been made in the last few months of getting cases down and vaccinating others, the data is clearly much better than we expected it to be and SAGE have remodelled the next few months yet she seems to want to focus on every potential variant. We need to get back to some form of normality soon and now is the perfect time to, if she wants to stay away then she can be my guest 

Edited by Chapple12345

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

thats my hope .... quite a bit of talk about the 1m thing going then .... Boris mentioned the possibility in todays press conference I think ?

Yeah you're right, he did say that. Will make booking classes a lot easier! I'll take what I can get in the meantime.

3 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Booked a spin class for next Monday! Must have been one of the first on my gym's app as couldn't get close last time they were open 🙂

It's probably going to kill me.

I’m not ready for spin yet! It’s going to kill me. And I’m going to walk funny for a couple of days after 😂😂

18 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Booo.

Fuck them. It's all about Pfizer tbh. AstraZeneca with a valiant effort, but the blood clots will be their undoing along with J&J. Moderna with a fantastic vaccine but nowhere near enough capacity. Pfizer have truly emerged as the winners of the vaccine arms race.

Pfizer-BioNTech ❤️ 

50 minutes ago, stuie said:

I’m not ready for spin yet! It’s going to kill me. And I’m going to walk funny for a couple of days after 😂😂

I’m absolutely dreading my first day back teaching at the gym, Body Attack in the morning, spin in the evening! 

• Upvote 1

Pfizer now approved for 12-15 year olds in the States. Seems there is no end to the wonderful powers of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine.

Our government was planning to get a new one made to tackle new variants but have now realised the Pfizer is completely unbeatable and works against variants so ordered another 60m of the original effort instead.

6 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Fuck them. It's all about Pfizer tbh. AstraZeneca with a valiant effort, but the blood clots will be their undoing along with J&J. Moderna with a fantastic vaccine but nowhere near enough capacity. Pfizer have truly emerged as the winners of the vaccine arms race.

Pfizer-BioNTech ❤️ 

They've done a spectacular job haven't they?

2 hours ago, Mimo said:

Presumably because they can stipulate having restrictions on ticketed events, such as testing before attending, through the licence which isn't possible with weddings.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Will we even need it? A good chunk already done and J and J still to come. Maybe for booster doses I guess but that would be third quarter anyway 

J&J will either get thrown in the bin or given to Covax. They have been linked to clots as per AZ. 

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

Will we even need it? A good chunk already done and J and J still to come. Maybe for booster doses I guess but that would be third quarter anyway 

I don't think it'll be ready in time. It would have been nice to have a big chunk of extra doses to speed things up, especially as we're coming out of lockdown with a big chunk of the adult population still not vaccinated.

I expect we'll be fine, severe illness-wise, but can't help but be a little nervous about the case spike in Bolton.

I expect everyone will be done by the time any appreciable amounts of Novavax come through.

28 minutes ago, duke88 said:

I’m absolutely dreading my first day back teaching at the gym, Body Attack in the morning, spin in the evening! 

Good luck. Be kind to your class. Mine will probably include a 30 min hill climb 😂😂