When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Interesting to hear Whitty say they think the vaccines will work against the Indian variant.  Probably because its closely related to Kent.

probably because the bloody virus is still covid 19 

This sounds a lot less optimistic for June https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-majority-of-coronavirus-restrictions-set-to-be-lifted-in-june-but-some-could-remain-in-place-12302815

“restrictions to be lifted but some may remain” then proceeds to list loads of really significant restrictions. Feeling less optimistic now we’ll be having festivals and the like in July. Maybe later in the summer, but I’ll be surprised if they happen right away. Govt were very clumsy with their messaging on the final phase I think.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

This sounds a lot less optimistic for June https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-majority-of-coronavirus-restrictions-set-to-be-lifted-in-june-but-some-could-remain-in-place-12302815

“restrictions to be lifted but some may remain” then proceeds to list loads of really significant restrictions. Feeling less optimistic now we’ll be having festivals and the like in July. Maybe later in the summer, but I’ll be surprised if they happen right away. Govt were very clumsy with their messaging on the final phase I think.

expectation management...they probably don't know yet....but I don't think we'll be seeing proper festivals until all adults fully vaccinated.

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Booked a spin class for next Monday! Must have been one of the first on my gym's app as couldn't get close last time they were open 🙂

It's probably going to kill me.

thats been the case for my swims since reopening ... I now have to book them at 7am sharp when they go live ...it almost got to the stage where I got other people F5 ing for me 

18 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

thats been the case for my swims since reopening ... I now have to book them at 7am sharp when they go live ...it almost got to the stage where I got other people F5 ing for me 

Yeah there wasn't a hope in hell at this gym last autumn. I'd look first thing in the morning and all gone. So I fully expect this to be my last until they increase capacity again! 

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah there wasn't a hope in hell at this gym last autumn. I'd look first thing in the morning and all gone. So I fully expect this to be my last until they increase capacity again! 

not long now  in the scheme of things ... that will be when I get my badminton back too .... the hall is currently used for gym classes 

37 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

expectation management...they probably don't know yet....but I don't think we'll be seeing proper festivals until all adults fully vaccinated.

Yeah that's always been my take on it - day gigs with testing as per sefton Park should be fine though if the results of that come out ok

Edited by efcfanwirral

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Is the expectation that all distancing in gyms will go from June 21st? 

thats my hope .... quite a bit of talk about the 1m thing going then .... Boris mentioned the possibility in todays press conference I think ?

13 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

She is probably wondering what she does with her Friday night zoom quiz when everyone goes back to the pub and doesn't invite her...

I seriously don't understand her attitude, I get there are risks with whats happening and an element of personal risk but we take these risks every day, for example driving a car. Indy sage just seem to change the goalposts every week when they realise the data isn't working in their favour, it also doesn't help they're contradicting Whitty at the moment and I trust he has all the information that they wouldn't 

11 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

I seriously don't understand her attitude, I get there are risks with whats happening and an element of personal risk but we take these risks every day, for example driving a car. Indy sage just seem to change the goalposts every week when they realise the data isn't working in their favour, it also doesn't help they're contradicting Whitty at the moment and I trust he has all the information that they wouldn't 

Yep - just look at some of the people commenting on her Twitter posts, filled with worry and fear of the reopening and return to normal. It’s not nice to see people so concerned to that extent, and its as if she is leading an army of the afraid.  
When it really should all be about cautious optimism at this stage, and looking forward to the future after how far we have all come following a truly terrible 14/15 months. 

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

There is a danger you find the most negative report and use that as gospel

I wonder the negativity here. UK has done so well with vaccination and now all those cautions and restrictions and nearly everybody has to say something dooming about indian variants. 

Okay, we had here some of those too, but nobody has been concerned and no expert has questioned the success of the vaccination rollout in consideration of this variant. 

Like Weddings. Weddings with 50 or more persons or parties with a similar size could start with 1 July here in Austria. 

Also we will open up restaurants, hotels, culture, sports from 19 May with testing for those who have not been vaccinated until now, but still. everything could go the wrong way, but we are far better now than weeks and months ago and with vaccination we can control the virus and this is what counts at the end.

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Booked a spin class for next Monday! Must have been one of the first on my gym's app as couldn't get close last time they were open 🙂

It's probably going to kill me.

you’ve been looking forward to a gym class for ages. Enjoy ☺️☺️

19 minutes ago, st dan said:

Yep - just look at some of the people commenting on her Twitter posts, filled with worry and fear of the reopening and return to normal. It’s not nice to see people so concerned to that extent, and its as if she is leading an army of the afraid.  
When it really should all be about cautious optimism at this stage, and looking forward to the future after how far we have all come following a truly terrible 14/15 months. 

The trouble with Pagel I think is the political edge to her twitter, seemingly not trusting that anything is being done and almost suggesting that no one in charge knows or cares what's going on. 

Chris Whitty was reassuring about it earlier I thought, clearly PHE are all over it and working to contain it. Hopefully that works out. Maybe there'll be local lockdowns again. Worst case scenario unlocking is delayed to allow everyone to be vaccinated. I'm sure that Whitty would not be recommending that it's ok to unlock further next week if he didn't think we could get a handle on it one way or another.

I have a feeling that this new variant will seal the deal on secondary school kids getting vaccinated though.

• Upvote 1