When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Just got an invite from my local GP for the pfizer jab on 19th May (I'm 39)

Great stuff! If anyone hears of it being available for 38yos can you tag me please? The wife is 38 and really wants to get jabbed ASAP (as much I find the idea of popping on Portugal on holiday without her potentially hilarious). (We are in London.)

1 minute ago, Homer said:

Great stuff! If anyone hears of it being available for 38yos can you tag me please? The wife is 38 and really wants to get jabbed ASAP (as much I find the idea of popping on Portugal on holiday without her potentially hilarious). (We are in London.)

My mate is 38 and she and her partner (I think the same age) are getting theirs this week. They're in Hampshire.

2 minutes ago, Homer said:

Whereabouts in London? My sisters been involved in this a bit so I can ask her for you. 

8 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Whereabouts in London? My sisters been involved in this a bit so I can ask her for you. 

Ah, thanks mate, much appreciated. We are in Forest Hill (south east - where I believe most eFestivals live!).

Volunteering at a different centre on Wednesday so will be interesting to see what's going on with that in terms of age groups and vaccines offered. Suspect it might be Pfizer as they were looking for volunteers for the after care area too, which I don't think they bother with for AZ (not at the place I've worked so far). We were down to 40s there last week so be interesting to see the demographic they're on to at this place. I'd imagine maybe some under 40s trickling through.

26 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Yes, I just don’t really understand the issue when you aren’t high risk. My flatmates could be going to illegal raves for all I care 

Because this increases the chances of there being a chain where someone passes it on to someone who is high risk (they may not even know they are high risk!).

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Volunteering at a different centre on Wednesday so will be interesting to see what's going on with that in terms of age groups and vaccines offered. Suspect it might be Pfizer as they were looking for volunteers for the after care area too, which I don't think they bother with for AZ (not at the place I've worked so far). We were down to 40s there last week so be interesting to see the demographic they're on to at this place. I'd imagine maybe some under 40s trickling through.

Feel a bit guilty now that I used all my upvotes up on Crazy Fool stitching up Big Durbs now! (Good for you!)

14 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Face coverings are in place to stop the wearer spreading the virus, not to protect the wearer.

So the passenger who is allowed to not wear a mask turns out has covid and infects the driver (who as you said, doesn’t mind others not wearing one). 

The driver then has covid too, and as a taxi driver, has lots of additional passengers in there 3-5 days later who he passes the virus on to, thus putting additional potential pressure on the NHS. 

The point I’m trying to make is, it’s not his decision, as his actions affect others who may mind about not wearing masks. 

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Ah, thanks mate, much appreciated. We are in Forest Hill (south east - where I believe most eFestivals live!).

My sister said that they are vaccinating 40+ currently and aiming for 35+ by mid-May. 

Edited by Ozanne

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Feel a bit guilty now that I used all my upvotes up on Crazy Fool stitching up Big Durbs now! (Good for you!)

Ha thanks mate! 

In other news I've just had a letter from the ONS confirming that I now have antibodies! Had my jab in March and my last blood test for the ONS survey was end of April. Up until now I've always shown as negative for antibodies so good to see it actually working. I know antibodies aren't the be all and end all before someone pipes up.

Sounds like most universities are sticking with remote learning for the first few months of term...

That seems an over reaction IMO. The students deserve a property university experience instead of a cut price one, especially as they'd have been vaxed by then

5 hours ago, JoeyT said:

True.

"hug whoever you want!"

"that must mean I don't have to wear a mask to go to the shops anymore?"

"no, you'll still have to wear a mask for that"

"but I'm okay to hug everyone in the store if I wanted to?"

"yes"

Right, it's the rules that are ridiculous, not the guy going around hugging random people in the store?

You wear a mask when away from the table at a restaurant to protect other groups and staff. You don't while eating as we sort of accept that transmission will happen if it's going to happen. Hence the six-person/two-household limit. The rules assume those are the only people you're going to be hugging, you're not going to be hugging the waitress or the random group on the other table. And if you have to keep 1m+ from people not in your group of 6, then you're not going to be able to hug them anyway.

This sort post, of course, is why we are seeing news stories today about "people should be cautious with hugging" and so on and why the rules are so blunt and counter-intuitive in the first place. Because if they just say "hugging is allowed now" people like you will go "well technically I can hug anyone so that means the other rules are nonsense". It's a plate of chips and "substantial meal" again- people can't be trusted to not go looking for loopholes. 

4 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Yep, a gig with social distancing and masks is like a restaurant without food, a pub without beer etc. Not worth the hassle. 

What if I just like the music?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Well I am not speaking for all nurses - I am speaking for two I know within my family.  (I know others who don't do this)

They aren't "stupid" but they do ignore the rules.  One of them carried on seeing his girlfriend who lived 30 miles away and they both (two nurses) continued to have Sundays lunch's together etc despite the rules banning household mixing throughout.

I'm probably one of the most cautious people left here but even I can see why they'd do that and find it perfectly reasonable. If you're a nurse dealing with this on the front line, your chances of not actually catching COVID at some point would seem to be so low. And you have so many daily contacts with so many people, who are more likely to have COVID that average... and your partner is also in the same position? I mean, seeing each other increases your risk, but it can't be increasing it that much, proportionately, given it'll already be really, really high?