When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Worrying but hopefully they don't take any knee-jerk decisions. They should look into this thoroughly to see why cases are rising there though.

The article seems to indicate that the issue is vaccine hesitancy in Bolton.

15 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

As much as we all rally against the Tory press, the Left-leaning ones can be just as bad? Let’s wait and see what happens here.

Not just the guardian 

It's not great but hopefully surge testing can help 

34 minutes ago, zahidf said:

The article seems to indicate that the issue is vaccine hesitancy in Bolton.

That doesn't surprise me with the the people I know in Bolton who basically think covid is fake 😞 

Just now, Barry Fish said:

Very few Will listen.  They can close pubs etc but I can't see people not seeing friends and family going forward 

To be honest i was probably too hasty there- it'll just be to keep people behind keeping the roadmap going as long as it is. I think many are already doing this, I'm just hoping we don't move the goalposts on the organised stuff and hospitality, who will need this summer ahead of an uncertain winter to survive 

10 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Government slow to close the borders comes back to bite us ?

They weren’t put on the red list early enough just so the big man could visit India for a trade meeting, only for it to get canned (...is I’m sure fact free but it’s fun to go 2+2=5).

36 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Fake SAGE will be w*nking themselves silly though 

This made me chuckle, partly after watching the whole fake SAGE thing unfold on here over past couple weeks and partly because I saw it coming after reading those articles

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

Its not like any of us denied the threat from a variant.  I think its the way fake sage take a legitimate fear of something and some how claim they are the holders of this reality and constantly repeat scare storeis around it for whatever reason.  

Eventually one of them will come to be a reality and fake sage will scream victory.

It's not looking like this is it just yet.

Yeah I was thinking earlier, it’s not a matter of how, or if, it’s when, and they know that and they will say ‘told you so’... I do kind of get their organisation too in the same way there is opposition with the government but for me the the hooks they have with the tabloids, media and good morning Britain, can’t help but find it a bit damaging to public confidence but that’s just my opinion

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I think I posted about this being odd the other day, but things have jumped considerably in the last few days. It really looks like that Indian variant does spread more.

The question is - is anyone with a decent time since their vaccinations being infected, and if so, are they getting ill?  

36 minutes ago, zahidf said:

To be fair a choice is fair enough when there is a mix of vaccines available. Once we get under 40 and in low prevalence times it's not imperative we run to the nearest vaccination centre and take whatever we're given  

Edited by efcfanwirral

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Talking of which

I know it’s not how modern day media works but I wish they’d look at stuff like this before posting mad sensationalist headlines.

We enter a weird circle of doomsday headline, indie sage members retweeting which results in media then quoting indie sage in new articles saying how “worried” scientists are.

Really fucks with peoples minds & I really sympathise with those who are anxious about the unlocking because this crap isn’t what they need to read!

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

I can see the script now. Panic, worry x100. Few months time "no evidence of any vaccine escape from the Indian variant/sub variant" 

I’m not convinced there will be a Vaccine resistant variant. However I’m increasingly worried that the scaremongering around every one is leading to a ‘boy who cried Wolf’ situation where if a genuinely scary one comes along everyone will have stopped listening.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

I’m not convinced there will be a Vaccine resistant variant. However I’m increasingly worried that the scaremongering around every one is leading to a ‘boy who cried Wolf’ situation where if a genuinely scary one comes along everyone will have stopped listening.

Indeed I agree