When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

39 minutes ago, Benj said:

Can you please link this 10% of tests were positive number as I’ve not seen it reported anywhere

I only read the link on here but others have reported it. I can't say too much as I just cans chucked at me worse than Manchester on yesterday if I give a view on it.

1 minute ago, Benj said:

It’s a HUGE number if true and considering the nationwide number is .2% is frankly pretty unbelievable!

i posted it yesterday and I cant vouch for its accuracy but someone on twitter thats doing the testing told me they had had one poisitive  test in 5000 ...

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

i posted it yesterday and I cant vouch for its accuracy but someone on twitter thats doing the testing told me they had had one poisitive  test in 5000 ...

That would seem a little low but far more believable than 500

If the positive rate is .2% you would expect around 10 (assuming I’ve done the maths right. 

Perhaps Benn meant 10 cases as opposed to 10%!

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Allowing this while still having restrictions at home...only for a few weeks yes but considering variants from abroad are the thing we're supposed to be most scared of and the reason we can't even fully let up after the NHS is no longer in danger that doesn't sit right with me. But as a sign towards things moving towards normality it's got to be a good signal 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Less so for the family affected I suppose

I wonder if they actually died of covid or with covid.

of course .... its not good but shows a much improving situation .... as for the rest,  it could be either there will still be some who the vaccines don t work for .... or have not had it for various reasons 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

It's bull, my mate was running the security operation there, and he mentioned 1 positive case, the first night.

*edit*

This was the Circus events, not the Blossoms gig.

Edited by Paul ™

1 minute ago, Paul ™ said:

It's bull, my mate was running the security operation there, and he mentioned 1 positive case, the first night.

fits with what I was told then 🙂  .... didnt think there would be any reason for the random DM being wrong 🙂 

3 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

*edit*

This was the Circus events, not the Blossoms gig.

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

fits with what I was told then 🙂  .... didnt think there would be any reason for the random DM being wrong 🙂 

The blunder on the BBC seems to have slipped by in the wider media so he seems to have got away with saying it! 

1 hour ago, Benj said:

That would seem a little low but far more believable than 500

If the positive rate is .2% you would expect around 10 (assuming I’ve done the maths right. 

Perhaps Benn meant 10 cases as opposed to 10%!

ONS has prevalence at 1 in 1010. So you would expect 5 roughly to be positive, maybe a bit higher being mostly younger attendees. But the limited accuracy of the lateral flow and the very low prevalence means the accuracy of the results were not even worth looking at. 

2 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

Have we had any info yet on what the policy will be regarding whether kids (who haven't been vaccinated) will need testing for going abroad if countries go ahead with vaccine passports? 

I couldn't see that this was answered, sorry if it has. No there hasn't been anything yet, they have pushed back their announcement on international travel from May 1st too 'early May'.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Interesting thread thanks for sharing. It will be interesting to see if these predictions come to reality.

I’m not sure on the term “covid anxiety syndrome” however. It’s needlessly pathologising of people’s anxiety, which is understandable.